NEWS ‘Controversial call’: NRL to investigate bunker backflip

Well Annesley today reckons it's all good. The initial verbiage of "cleared the contact, it's play on at this point" was simply "the wrong language" and the video ref was still thinking it all through and therefore the ref did not actually overrule the bunker at all, the bunker was still in the decision making process......

Once again, nothing to see here. **** the NRL.

Well Annesley today reckons it's all good. The initial verbiage of "cleared the contact, it's play on at this point" was simply "the wrong language" and the video ref was still thinking it all through and therefore the ref did not actually overrule the bunker at all, the bunker was still in the decision making process......

They’re basically just pissing in our face now.

This will be like a police internal investigation.

NRL investigates NRL. NRL found nothing wrong.
Sounds like public health/education/transport
.... "this is a fantastic program/project/opportunity", "who says?"... "the person who spent 100s of wasted hours doing it with at least half that time spent coming up with a way to justify the waste of tax payers money it took".. "better make it mandatory and put it in a file no one will ever look in again then"

I had to listen to it for myself.

Annesley's argument is that it wasn't Adam Gee who changed Klein's mind, rather Klein had jumped the gun when he cleared the contact.

Before Klein clears it, his technical assistant asks if he wants another replay on the contact and Klein says yes before immediately clearing it. Then Klein resumes judging the incident and asks for some clarification on whether Walsh needs eyes for the ball the entire time at which point Gee adds his two cents.

So it was an error on Klein's part, but the on-field referee didn't overrule him.

This is just offensive now. Just say “we wouldn’t like this to happen often but we are comfortable that in this case the correct decision was made”.

Like that’s fine, but to try and pretend like “cleared and playing on from here” means that they are still reviewing that segment is so stupid. He might as well have said “we think the average footy fan is a halfwit so I couldn’t give a ****”.

I had to listen to it for myself.

Annesley's argument is that it wasn't Adam Gee who changed Klein's mind, rather Klein had jumped the gun when he cleared the contact.

Before Klein clears it, his technical assistant asks if he wants another replay on the contact and Klein says yes before immediately clearing it. Then Klein resumes judging the incident and asks for some clarification on whether Walsh needs eyes for the ball the entire time at which point Gee adds his two cents.

So it was an error on Klein's part, but the on-field referee didn't overrule him.
But that is all bullshit, Gee literally said “that doesn’t look right to me Ash”. How is that a response to “Does Walsh need to have eyes on the ball the whole time?”

But that is all bullshit, Gee literally said “that doesn’t look right to me Ash”. How is that a response to “Does Walsh need to have eyes on the ball the whole time?”
It's difficult to make out what Klein says the entire time but he asks for clarification on whether Walsh needs to have eyes on the football the entire time and Gee responds with 'Yeah, that doesn't look right to me, Ash'.

So Annesley may have a point that Klein jumped the gun and actually reached the decision on his own. However, he should own up that the situation was horribly confusing and that the officials will be working on it.

It's difficult to make out what Klein says the entire time but he asks for clarification on whether Walsh needs to have eyes on the football the entire time and Gee responds with 'Yeah, that doesn't look right to me, Ash'.

So Annesley may have a point that Klein jumped the gun and actually reached the decision on his own. However, he should own up that the situation was horribly confusing and that the officials will be working on it.

In that case the real question that needs to be asked is how the **** a ref who has been in charge of Origin and GF's doesn't know the fucking rules.

and why the **** would you appoint someone who doesn't know the rules to the bunker especially in a top 4 clash.

As soon as the comment from the ref slipped in instantly the decision changed, funny how that works.

I do have to ask if Annesley addressed the dumb **** in the bunker changing his opinion from Walsh " always had eyes for the ball" .. to Walsh "only had eyes for Tyrone Peachey"

maybe Klein never really said that ... it was just the imaginations of several hundred thousand people simultaneously running wild

season 6 dancing GIF

Might also be an indication that the on field referee really didn't have confidence in the bunker.

Might also be an indication that the on field referee really didn't have confidence in the bunker.
Blind leading the blind.

The latest one i saw was that "Gee was saving the bunker from making an embarrassing mistake".

I howled laughing at the way these conmen spin a fuckup to suit their narrative.
With blokes like Vlandys running the show, it isn't surprising though.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • azza.79
  • The True King
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.