NEWS “The biggest thing the game has ever had”: Voss declares Walsh the most popular player ever

BHQArticleImageLarge30

NRL commentator Andrew Voss has declared superstar fullback Reece Walsh “the biggest thing the game has ever had” on the back of his swift rise to enormous popularity.

Walsh, 21, only debuted in 2021, but has skyrocketed to rugby league fame thanks to his electric speed, flashy tries, and exciting play style.

Walsh has the most followers of any NRL player with 455,000; more than most NRL clubs.

His cultural impact on young fans has led Voss to put Walsh on top of the NRL popularity pedestal.

“Reece Walsh is the most popular player in the game that I think I’ve ever come across,” Voss said on Breakfast with Vossy & Brandy.

“I reckon Reece Walsh added 5000 to the crowd the other night… for little kids in the South-West of Sydney to be making Reece Walsh signs, and there were plenty of them, I haven’t experienced that before.

“He’s got the lot Reece Walsh… one’s the looks, one’s the way he plays the game, one’s the way he scored a try, salutes (and the) flamboyant jumps.”

Walsh has scored eight tries in his six appearances this year, sitting tied first atop the NRL try scorer leaderboard.

Voss said the impact Walsh has had on kids is like nothing he’s ever seen.

“I have never seen so many young girls at football matches,” Voss commented.

“My own son Harry wandered along. Who’d he want a photo with? Reece Walsh. He doesn’t follow the Broncos… but now (he has) taken an interest in the game because of Reece Walsh.

“Reece Walsh is the biggest thing in the game that I have ever witnessed.”

The Brisbane Broncos this week take on the Sydney Roosters where Walsh is sure to get another raucous reception as they return home to play at Suncorp Stadium.

SEN

The absolute hissy fit some people are having in the comments on Facebook over Vossy saying he's the most popular player.. My god. A lot of people are reading what Vossy said wrong and think he's saying Walsh is the best that's ever played.

The absolute hissy fit some people are having in the comments on Facebook over Vossy saying he's the most popular player.. My god. A lot of people are reading what Vossy said wrong and think he's saying Walsh is the best that's ever played.

Because they only read the headlines. And they are more often than not clickbait and misleading.

That said though...if your paying attention to Facebook

....you're doing it wrong.

cartwheel fail GIF

Hopefully Reece doesn't see this, probably go to his head.

In saying that, we usually don't give a **** what Vossy thinks so....

MMM are a terrible commentary team. They get over excited and go on long winded rants so you have no idea what is going on in the game.

I can only listen to the ABC radio team, they are bit more like the old school radio broadcast where they give commentary on the play I.e. position on the field, direction of play etc.

Yep ABC Grandstand is on in the back ground all weekend during footy season .
Andrew Moore , Johny Gibbs and Luke Lewis are da bess .

I did learn a lot from Mat Elliot going back a few years too .

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.