09/10 Football Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Basically like the old Premier League thread, except i changed the name so i wasn't accused of discrimination against the Spaniard chaps on here. :mrgreen:

I'll start us off with this gem:

Two months ago Newcastle United fans were queuing down the street to buy the famous black and white shirts.

But only three people were waiting outside the shop at St James' Park as the latest away strip went on sale.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8166024.stm

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

To be fair, the kit is absolutely horrid.

thanks ning!!!

yes, that jersey is how you say..... f*cked up!

i'm no silver haired guy from americas next top model, but that top is a faux pas honey ummm hmmm.

whats everyones predictions for this year?

Champions League: Barca
World Cup: Brazil
La Liga: Barca
Serie A: Juventus
Premier League: Chelsea

Champions League: Real Madrid
World Cup: Brazil
La Liga: Real Madrid
Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid

It just gets funnier and funnier up at Newcastle ...

Newcastle United's summer of discontent shows no sign of coming to an end as they were thrashed 6-1 by League One side Leyton Orient on Saturday.

Fielding a virtual full-strength side, including the likes of Obafemi Martins, Steven Taylor and Joey Barton, the Magpies fell apart in the second half and were begging for the final whistle to come.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=663123&sec=england&cc=3436

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Beachy said:
It just gets funnier and funnier up at Newcastle ...

Newcastle United's summer of discontent shows no sign of coming to an end as they were thrashed 6-1 by League One side Leyton Orient on Saturday.

Fielding a virtual full-strength side, including the likes of Obafemi Martins, Steven Taylor and Joey Barton, the Magpies fell apart in the second half and were begging for the final whistle to come.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=663123&sec=england&cc=3436

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

[icon_ee How did I miss this?!?! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Take that you mag wankers! That's just too fu*king funny! After years of ridiculing us as a yo-yo club they've landed in the biggest pile of shit imaginable. Karma is sodomizing them good and proper right now [icon_lol1.

Sunderland have signed the Marseille captain Lorik Cana.. don't have a clue who he is lol but I'm sure he'll be miles better than the central midfielders we had starting last season, We've finally gotten rid of Dean Whitehead. No offence to the lad, he's always tried hard... but he's still shite. So that Cana bloke plus another decent center half, new fullbacks and another couple of decent strikers.... and a winger and another central mid.. we'll have a much better squad.

(In hindsight to typing that, it may have been easier to just say "Lets just buy a new f*cking team" ...oh well)

So fingers crossed we move up the ladder significantly this season.

Premier league - Chelsea
World Cup - Spain or Brazil

You guys landing Cana for 5m is a cracking buy.

He's meant to be very aggressive, yet still has a lot of the technical skills required to perform as a midfielder. I reckon he'll be somewhat of a revelation.

I noticed that Sunderland agreed a fee with Pompey for Crouch, but he was demanding 90K or something for his weekly wage? He's dreaming.

The Crouch situation is a bit complicated. Apparently he was impressed by our facilities etc and Bruce's plan for the future of the club etc, but he still had his heart set on staying in southern England. So Fulham came in with a bid which looked to seal his fate buuuuut then that crooked saggy faced cockney twat Harry Redknapp came in and started doing his old tricks to unsettle the players, trying to keep options open in case other deals fail etc (I don't care if you think it's smart/tactical, its dirty, the man is a piece of shit and he does it with just about every f***ing player up for sale). So that put off Crouch obviously, stalling any potential deals in the meantime.
Now Tottenham have had a bid accepted (this tells me they have either failed or given up in the chase of Huntelaar...lol) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there to team up with Redknapp again. Which means pompey will finally get some cash that they apparently are desperate for.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...objectid=21548515&siteid=93463-name_page.html

I've heard from a few different places that Spurs fans aren't overly happy with the way Redknapp conducts his business, and I don't blame them if that's the case.

Also, we've apparently (I use the word 'apparently' loosely cause it was from News of the world) we have tabled a £15 million bid for Darren Bent. I hope it's bollocks cause that's about £5-6 million too expensive IMO.

darren bent is awesome in fifa!!!

Bent to Sunderland, Crouch to Spurs and supposedly Viera to Spurs but us fans are rebelling on that one and have told Harry in no uncertain terms he will not be welcomed as a former Arsenal skipper to the Spurs club.

At least we look to be keeping Pavlochenko as will be good to see him with a full off-season under his belt. I noticed we kept Barca to a 1 all draw last week at Wembley, albeit second string sides for both (Barca moreso)

Scotty said:
Sunderland have signed the Marseille captain Lorik Cana.. don't have a clue who he is lol but I'm sure he'll be miles better than the central midfielders we had starting last season, We've finally gotten rid of Dean Whitehead. No offence to the lad, he's always tried hard... but he's still shite. So that Cana bloke plus another decent center half, new fullbacks and another couple of decent strikers.... and a winger and another central mid.. we'll have a much better squad.

Can't believe you signed Cana for 5m, he is going to be ace. Probably going to miss every second game through suspension tho, hes a mad man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_bZAdOKhk
there's probably 10 straight reds in that video.

ugh, crouch is fucking useless. hes unco as hell, dont sign him spurs. you need more fast guys so i can carve using them in fifa. lennon, bent, giovanni and defoe kick ass for me woooo

i would agree 1000000000000% up until pro evo 6, that game just generally sucked, at the same time fifa got better. im now a fifa fan.

Did you play Pes 2009? In any case, i don't think Fifa has ever released a game that was better than Pro Evo, in terms of gameplay that is. Online Play and Career Mode are probably better in FIFA, but the action on the pitch is poor at best when compared to PES.

I am actually really looking forward to PES 2010, looks alright

Sir Bobby Robson has passed away.

Terrible news, he was a great man.

RIP.

Absolutely ning. He did so much for English football and will be sadly missed. RIP

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rookie Alan
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.