09/10 Football Thread

Well obviously there is better options, but out of Dalglish and Hodgson, I would prefer Hodgson.

I remember when he was the coach of Inter....when they came 13th in Serie A haha

pennywisealfie said:
I remember when he was the coach of Inter....when they came 13th in Serie A haha

Actually, he finished 7th and 3rd with Inter. He arrived during a pretty bad period for them.

ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:

Actually, he finished 7th and 3rd with Inter. He arrived during a pretty bad period for them.

oh wow, so he joined after the 93/94 season? thats when i remember they came 13th and i remember him being manager around then with a team that contained some good players such as Dennis Bergkamp & Wim Jonk.

that reminds me of all the eccentric managers of Serie A of the early 90s! Arrigio Sacchi, Giovanni Trappatoni, Marcello Lippi, Fabio Capello, Nevio Scala, Dino Zoff etc. good times

pennywisealfie said:
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:

oh wow, so he joined after the 93/94 season? thats when i remember they came 13th and i remember him being manager around then with a team that contained some good players such as Dennis Bergkamp & Wim Jonk.

Lol, I am basing it on Wiki, which said in the two seasons before he arrived, they finished 13th and 6th I think.

i see :) oh well wiki would be right, im going off memory on something that happened when i was 11

time to get serious with my avatar, while i love Italy, Its all about the socceroos. I would take the roos making the 2nd round over italy winning the tournament. Lets go Australia!!!!!!!

Yes, finally!

About time penny, about time.

Come on Australia!!!!!!!

cmon scotty, where is ur socceroos avatar?!?! :P

All the best lads, but England first for me icon_thumbs_u

*ducks for cover*

Cole is a top fella, unlike most at Chelsea.

Wouldn't look out of place at Liverpool, not that we can afford to sign anyone.

Ballack to Brisbane Roar!! :P

pennywisealfie said:
Ballack to Brisbane Roar!! :P

He would be there for 2 months then that muppet Postecoglou would release him.

Rafa's just donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

Fucking brilliant gesture from the man.

I didn't like the football he had us playing, but he knew what being a Liverpool supporter was all about.

Every time I see that castrol ad with C Ronaldo in it I hate him just a little bit more. Not because he's doing anything wrong, I just can't stand the sight of the fucker.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • mieko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.