NEWS $10 million Man ??

I reckon the Broncs should target RTS if Niu isn’t ready/leaves, I suspect he’s gettable.
I actually doubt that to be honest. He's the club Captain, he's not only their best but also their most marketable/most loved player by fans and sponsors alike, these things alone should make his leaving highly unlikely.

That aside though, the Warriors salary cap has to go SOMEWHERE, and with virtually no other real star players, I think Roger could quite likely command almost whatever he wanted to stay at the Warriors.

Awesome player, would love to have him, but I think that's exceedingly unlikely for us or anywhere else short of him having a spectacular falling out with the Warriors organisation.

If we had a better coach I would be on board but in this current situation no. Whist he would give a better performance than the current halves we would still have some of the same issues we currently have.

if you cant recruit the guys you want, you have to develop them...

Id say Cleary, DCE & Moses arguably the top tier halfbacks in the comp.

They are the guys you pay 7 for 7 to..

However, there are 10 other clubs you would be in competition for them if they were available. Whoever got them would therefore be paying overs.

We need to be strategic here; if you are fair dinkum about having a crack at guys like Tedesco or RTS, they need to see signs that they are coming into a team on the rise.

Well, unless things change you can show them a pack with upcoming stars like Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, future star half back in Dearden, outside back strikepower like Staggs and Niu/Coates etc...

Then its a matter of reveiwing how we tried to lure Inglis to the club....and do 100% the opposite...and you should be fine...

if you cant recruit the guys you want, you have to develop them...

Id say Cleary, DCE & Moses arguably the top tier halfbacks in the comp.

They are the guys you pay 7 for 7 to..

However, there are 10 other clubs you would be in competition for them if they were available. Whoever got them would therefore be paying overs.

We need to be strategic here; if you are fair dinkum about having a crack at guys like Tedesco or RTS, they need to see signs that they are coming into a team on the rise.

Well, unless things change you can show them a pack with upcoming stars like Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, future star half back in Dearden, outside back strikepower like Staggs and Niu/Coates etc...

Then its a matter of reveiwing how we tried to lure Inglis to the club....and do 100% the opposite...and you should be fine...
Inglis reneged because Henjak was ciach at the time .... and from memory, it was reported that Hodges told him to stay away from the place

Wait last week we were talking bout filling our side with qlders now we are talking bout 2 nsw and a kiwi ?

Wait last week we were talking bout filling our side with qlders now we are talking bout 2 nsw and a kiwi ?
I don't care if the are from the moon ... as long as they are good.

FYI, Keary grew up in Ipswich... a few years ago he tried very hard to be able to play for the maroons. Under the old rules, he would have been eligible for QLD

I don't care if the are from the moon ... as long as they are good.

FYI, Keary grew up in Ipswich... a few years ago he tried very hard to be able to play for the maroons. Under the old rules, he would have been eligible for QLD
Personally I don't care either just get a laugh that less than a week ago ppl were complaining about the amount of nsw and kiwi players we have.

As for keary I seem to remember him saying he wouldn't play for nsw around the time his eligibility came up but I guess the money was more important than the state he plays for.

Last edited:
Personally I don't care either just get a laugh that less than a week ago ppl were complaining about the amount of nsw and kiwi players we have.

As for keary I seem to remember him saying he wouldn't play for nsw around the time his eligibility came up but I guess the money was more important than the state he plays for.

He did all he could to try to switch to QLD, but NSW weren't gonna budge. Apparently growing up and supporting the state all of your life doesn't matter.

I don't really blame him for switching over once all the options were exhausted. It's a dream of many NRL players to play Origin and test yourself in those high intensity matches. I'd honestly do the same in his situation.

Mate I don't give a shit where they come from and never have, long as you step up and give it your all(players like Johns, Matterson, Devere, Howard etc all did us proud) in our jersey your a Bronco in my eyes.

Last edited:
He did all he could to try to switch to QLD, but NSW weren't gonna budge. Apparently growing up and supporting the state all of your life doesn't matter.

I don't really blame him for switching over once all the options were exhausted. It's a dream of many NRL players to play Origin and test yourself in those high intensity matches. I'd honestly do the same in his situation.

🤬 that! There is nothing you could offer me to play for NSW and put that putrid sky blue jersey on. I’d be saying, “Pick me at your peril. I will drop the ball deliberately, miss tackles and kick out on the full.”

So true, only one Origin as a Blue but a MOM performance for QLD coming right up!!

🤬 that! There is nothing you could offer me to play for NSW and put that putrid sky blue jersey on. I’d be saying, “Pick me at your peril. I will drop the ball deliberately, miss tackles and kick out on the full.”
Yeah it would certain take more than $10K for me to play a game for them.

Yeah it would certain take more than $10K for me to play a game for them.

they get 30k per game ... x 3 games so 90k a season

although, i'm not sure it matters if he wants to or not ... I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the choice, and heven if he does, he'd have to retire from rep footy, which means he doesn't get to play for Australia either

Last edited:
they get 30k per game ... x 3 games so 90k a season

although, i'm not sure it matters if he wants to or not ... I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the choice, and heven if he does, he'd have to retire from rep footy, which means he doesn't get to play for Australia either
Oops I Forgot and thought it was 30 per year.
almost 100K a year is suddenly reminding me how nice Coffs Harbour is.

You can try and act all high and mighty, but no one will care or remember once you retire as a player. I'd play for NSW for sure if that was my only option. Not even about the money, he'd be earning a lot for the Roosters anyway. It's just about retiring knowing you've played at the highest level.

Keary always looks good, imagine him as the 6 in the Broncs side, you'd actually expect something to happen.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Stix
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.