2008/2009 NFL Thread

pennywisealfie said:
raiders should so trade for boldin

Al Davis has never been super keen on WR's only the really quick ones or the really established players, like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. But he loves speed. He loves his RB's with quick feet, and I think a good draft pick and a semi-useful O-liner for Arizona would push them into a trade for Boldin.

It'd be awesome. Russell to Boldin for a TD!

Boldin has a blinder this week. What's even better is that I reaped the benefits in the fantasy comp! How has Russell been going?

I had my very first wager on the Monday Night game this week.

Pittsburgh v's Cleveland.

I took the line Pittsburgh -6.5.

Now I really don't know that much about NFL, I only just started watching the game last year.

But Pittsburgh were leading in the 4th Qtr with about 1 minute and a few seconds left in the game, the score is 10 -6 in favour of Pittsburgh.

The Steelers were about 8 yards out from goal, and on the 4th down, now I thought to myself surely they will go for goal and get out to a 7 point lead. Therefore Cleveland would need a touchdown and a conversion to push the game into extra time.

But the Steelers ran the ball on the 4th and got tackled, which gave the ball back to the Browns anyway.

I was thinking WTF!

John Madden said that they shouldn't take the goal for some reason, I can't remember why.

But wouldn't the logical thing to do is take the conversion on the 4th down with very little time left?

As I said, I don't understand the game that well. I was puzzled about this decision.

Can anyone explain what is the logic behind this play?

how far out from the goal line were they? how much time was remaining? how many yards until they made the first down? if time was running out and they had the lead, and they didnt have far to go for a first down, it might be a good idea to try to pick up the first. so then u can waste more time

pennywisealfie said:
how far out from the goal line were they? how much time was remaining? how many yards until they made the first down? if time was running out and they had the lead, and they didnt have far to go for a first down, it might be a good idea to try to pick up the first. so then u can waste more time

The steelers were only about 7-8 yards out from their opposition goal line

they couldn't get another set of downs due to the distance from goal was the amount of distance they needed for another 4 downs and they were on the 4th down anyway, so why not take the shot at goal?

The time remaining was about 1 minute and about 5-10 seconds left.

When the turnover of possession occurred there was about 50-55 seconds still left on the clock.

beats me man

Pittsburgh are f***ed this season anyway, Ben Rothlesberger has a shoulder injury, apparently could keep him out for a few.

Lachy said:
Pittsburgh are f***ed this season anyway, Ben Rothlesberger has a shoulder injury, apparently could keep him out for a few.

Yeah I agree, I would have loved $1 for each time he got sacked last Monday Night. His passing game was soo far off the mark Monday Night it was cringeworthy.

But I am an idiot for forgetting about Hurricane Ike, and the weather conditions for that game before I placed my bet. It was absolutely belting down with rain, and windy as hell. If I wasn't lazy and checked the weather conditions I would've placed my bet on under 45 @ $1.91 for the total game score. [eusa_doh

But anyway, how good is Rodgers going for the Packers ATM, he is on fire!

I am not a Packers fan, but geez Rodgers has eased into that team really well.

I was impressed with Cassel in his first start. Had quite a good game and it's good to see all is not lost for the Pats.

Don't speak so quickly, either of you. Yes, they have potential to really step out of their predecessors shadows, but.. its only week 3.

But then again, the very same thing happened to Tom Brady when he got his first start. He was picked like 194th in the draft and BAM. 3 Superbowls and MVP's later. Here we are again.

rodgers has always had the makings of a great qb. he was going to be good reguardless, he looked pretty good in college. but doing the longest qb apprenticeship ive ever seen, under one of the top 3 qbs of all time, id be surprised if he came out shit lol.

jurys still out on cassell, he was awful in preseason

Lachy said:
Don't speak so quickly, either of you. Yes, they have potential to really step out of their predecessors shadows, but.. its only week 3.

But then again, the very same thing happened to Tom Brady when he got his first start. He was picked like 194th in the draft and BAM. 3 Superbowls and MVP's later. Here we are again.

I said i was impressed with him. I don't think it will be Tom Brady repeated, but if he can control the ball and not panic he should be OK.

I'm a Pat's fan...I'm allowed to be optimistic! [icon_razz1

fuuuuuuck! broncos lose on the weekend and now raiders lose in the last second of the game as well, **** that!

I thought you meant Denver Broncos then. I was like...the Broncos won by 2...lol

Suprised the Jags got up over the Colts as well.

The Colts run defense is poo without Bob Sanders. Their defense in general is poo without Bob Sanders.

MJD and Fred Taylor ran a mock all over them. Best tandem combo in the league by far!

The raiders really dropped the ball against Buffalo. We were leading with 8 mins to go, and I think Buffalo stacked on 17 points in the last eight minutes.

Bye Lane, it's been nice having you. But that old bastard won't leave the franchise until he's dead.

Reports are now that Kiffin will be fired today. Al Davis is clearly the most inept owner in the NFL. Kiffin has these guys playing with heart. Something they haven't done in years.

They lose a heartbreaker in Buffalo (which is becoming the norm for most teams visiting now) and he's going to fire one of the balanced coaches in the NFL.

FALSDKFNAS'DFKL;A!!

I might start supporting another team until this old fart dies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.