2009/10 NBA Season

this is still Celtics year

Those two I had 0% hope that they were ever going to stay nor did it really bother me when they left as I'm happy for them to try and win titles that they wouldn't have with Cleveland.

LeBron is a different story though as the Cavs weren't exactly the bottom feeders that the Indians are - he's single-handedly built up not only the team but the entire city, and to have him walk away and get nothing back (unless we pull a sign and trade with the Heat for draft picks or something) is pretty devastating

I don't even think the Cavs will get that, he was technically a free-agent and not under contract with the Cavs wasn't he?

Pretty devistating. It would be like Paul Pierce leaving Boston. It's not right.

It's unlikely the Cavs would agree to it - it depends on how much the deal was worth but I think he's just signing straight up with the Heat. Now of course Cleveland has heaps of salary cap space and no-one to spend it on, meaning that we will either overpay someone undeserving wildly like the old days to come to Cleveland or we just have a minimum wage team going round next year.

Fun times ahead for us Cleveland fans once more!!!

(Plus Tampa beat the Indians today just to emphasise the Florida victory over Ohio...)

Dude. Tampa just swept Boston. It's been a rough week for all of us, k?

There is a rumour that Delonte West was sleeping with LeBron's mom LOL

Well i heard that Pat Rileys a good kisser....Which strayed Lebrons decision...

Miami? Really? Is this really the team that he can win a title with? If anything this is just going to change the public's perception of him IMO. He's gone from being the face of an entire working-class city to being another glamourous player at another glamourous club.
Hope the Cavs fans give him heaps when he plays them.

dukey said:
Miami? Really? Is this really the team that he can win a title with? If anything this is just going to change the public's perception of him IMO. He's gone from being the face of an entire working-class city to being another glamourous player at another glamourous club.
Hope the Cavs fans give him heaps when he plays them.

What do you mean? Ofcourse Miami is the team he can win the title with, its almost guranteed. The Lakers will try their best to stop that from happening ofcourse, but that team is still ridiculously good, even without a decent center or bench.

Check out this open letter from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert!

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

I've never heard anything like that from Dan Gilbert before...I mean that letter is almost Mark Cuban-like!

Maybe instead of writing nasty letters the Cavs could have put some decent guys around James to convince him to stay. He could have got more money from Cavs but obviously playing with D Wade and Bosh is too good a deal to pass up.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • teampjta
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Evander
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • broncomax
  • Bish
  • lynx000
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.