2009 in perspective

OXY-351 said:
mrslong said:
[quote="OXY-351":1swejqyz]Steve Michaels is the perfect example why red heads are, and should be, a dying breed
What about Peter Wallace? eusa_think

Maybe Steve Michaels passed it on to Wallace. Hang on? Michaels passing something on. Nah, just doesn't sound right to me[/quote:1swejqyz]
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

While Michaels was pretty awful in the middle half of the season I think it's unfair to banish him completely. I think he would do a fine job if needed on the wing and that might be the best way of bringing him back into the side if we needed to do so. As it stands he wouldn't be part of our strongest backline but as we know, the preseason can throw up some unlikely contenders to fill spots for us.

Crazy Sam said:
While Michaels was pretty awful in the middle half of the season I think it's unfair to banish him completely. I think he would do a fine job if needed on the wing and that might be the best way of bringing him back into the side if we needed to do so. As it stands he wouldn't be part of our strongest backline but as we know, the preseason can throw up some unlikely contenders to fill spots for us.

That is basically what its about!

Sure - if he wants to hang around and fight for a spot then go for it, but I'd certainly be highly recommending him to shop if I was administration... that's all I'm saying. Nothing personal but its business. It's as simple as that IMO.

Scotty said:
I feel sorry for Michaels tbh. In 2008 he was playing good footy before he had his knee f***ed in that tackle by Vagana (I hate that ****). It's hard enough coming back from a serious injury like he had but unfortunately he just kept having shocker after shocker. IMO he should have been pulled from the team a lot earlier to save himself the possiblity of losing any scrap of confidence he had left.

He probably lost his confidence fromm coming on here and reading what we had written..lol
I wonder if the players do read half the stuff we write about them?

I think some good constructive posts here, and I believe what the Broncos team achieved this year was fantastic. I mean when you really look at it we had some much against us and yet when the going got tough the players really stood up. Some things of note were:

1. Henjak – For a rookie coach taking over from possibly the greatest coach ever, certainly the most successful. One that not only started the club, but took them to 6 premierships and 14 straight finals series was always going to be the toughest job in sport. Personally I think Henjak has the goods.
2. Spirit – This team has it. Even though I think that the post Origin blues is mostly a beat up (our involvement this year was one of the least in the history of the club) and we had one of the worst string of results. Although some may say we had a bad injury toll at the same time so I guess its understandable although not excusable.
3. I do feel we have unearthed some rookies that COULD be long time servants of the Broncos such as McCullogh, Winterstein, Yow Yeh and McGuire.

Everyone has their own opinion, but the team made me proud, MOST of the time, but maybe it was youth, not sure, but also made me concerned for the future. Still this thread is about 2009 and to effectively be one game from a GF considering where we were was fantastic.

rissi_gurl said:
Scotty said:
I feel sorry for Michaels tbh. In 2008 he was playing good footy before he had his knee f***ed in that tackle by Vagana (I hate that ****). It's hard enough coming back from a serious injury like he had but unfortunately he just kept having shocker after shocker. IMO he should have been pulled from the team a lot earlier to save himself the possiblity of losing any scrap of confidence he had left.

He probably lost his confidence fromm coming on here and reading what we had written..lol

haha the ones ive spoken to have no idea about the site.

Matt Gillett's words were "what is that" told him, told him i reckon its not the best site for some players to view he laughed and agree'd.

again thou he has proberly told some of the guys about it. Oh and yes i did mention the Michaels love in my convo with him. haha

draggx said:
rissi_gurl said:
Scotty said:

haha the ones ive spoken to have no idea about the site.

Matt Gillett's words were "what is that" told him, told him i reckon its not the best site for some players to view he laughed and agree'd.

again thou he has proberly told some of the guys about it. Oh and yes i did mention the Michaels love in my convo with him. haha

Me fail English? Why me laugh. WTF are you saying

Michaels just needs to put this year behind him and play for next. He'll be back, and I think with a good off-season will be 100% better next season.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Hurrijo
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Ondi
  • eggstar10
  • Spoon
  • Redux
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mustafur
  • Aldo
  • mrslong
  • Rowdy124
  • Battler
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.