2009 Lineup

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hodges would need a good kick up the arse if he's to remain on the team. He is slowly getting worse and worse.

His defence is alright, but his attack is gone.

Last night its almost as if he had... other things to worry about... hmmm

K

kyle93

BRL Player
Sep 20, 2008
1 Hunt
2 Michaels
3 Hodges
4 Folau
5 Yow Yeh
6 Lockyer
7 Wallace
8 Kenny
9 Marsh
10 Clinton - if he doesnt perform, dropped/released and Taylor promoted
11 Parker
12 Thaiday
13 Stagg

14 Gorrell
15 Taylor
16 Setu
17 Te'o

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Im not sure of my lineup, but clinton isnt in it thats for sure

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Even though Clinton has been our best forward in the past 2 months.

Shame about last night though, even though he didn't get much chance to impress.

I think kenny has been our best, but each to their own. Me and my mate watching it were impressed with clintons first 3 hitups. I said to my mate "wow, usually he has dropped it by now, must be due for one"

then BAM, 2 knock ons, taken off the field.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Shame though. He dropped a few balls, fair enough. But as the game went on, it wasn't only Clinton that was dropping the ball.

I can't help but think - If only Wayne replaced Sims later in the game with Clinton, he probably wouldn't have dropped the ball like Sims did. Sims was tired.

Maybe, could be true, but if i was to go back in time, and get to choose a player to send on to replace a player u knew was going to drop a ball, it wouldnt be clinton!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Im surprised WB used the hook on him though, though he's done it before to players of course, but don't know about not putting him back on at all.

without sounding like a doomsayer, I don't know if we are going to be premiership material for a while. I always said one more with Locky, and I think this was the year, depending on how we go next year, MAYBE 2010 if the team stays the same, but after that Locky would be really just supporting the team, age and fitness affects everyone, he's already running less than 06 and he hardly ran then.
ah 06, what a memory eh?
I think Locky's injury in 07 just set us up until now, winning this year would have really taken the cake aye?

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
1. Hunt
2. No idea (no one as good as Kemp/Boyd)
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folou
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. No idea (no one as good as Ennis)
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Stagg
14. Taylor
15. Sims
16. Teo
17. Setu

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Gorrell will a fine replacement for Ennis. Not quite as good as Ennis from what I remember but he was pretty good for the Dragqueens before they had to let him go.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
when you lose like last night 2009 cannot come fast enough. That's the problem.

If storm win the GF though, its going to be too harsh.

B

BroncoKiwi

Jul 19, 2008
Sims seems to be there for his 'potential'. WB must have surely had a word in his ear about what he expected of him, but I guess he just never delivered. I don't think I've even seen a forward miss so many 'big hits' in one season... He goes flying in and literally misses the target.
Hunt is no good in the forwards - I agree he can throw in the odd shoulder charge into the big boys, but only the odd one. There is just no way he'd be able to do the same after 20-30 tackles...

I'm gutted Denan is coming to NZ (where I am) - I've been telling my kids aboiut how good he is ever since I saw him last season... Can't wait to see Yow Yeh step up though.

Go anyone but the Storm!

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
lockyer47 said:
when you lose like last night 2009 cannot come fast enough. That's the problem.

If storm win the GF though, its going to be too harsh.

Why? Wouldn't it mean that we were potentially the 2nd best team in the comp?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. ? (Yow yeh or Hewitt perhaps)
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton (Pull your socks up mate, it's not that hard to hold on to a ball)
9. Marsh
10. Kenny
11. Te'o
12. Parker
13. Thaiday

14. Setu
15. Wapau
16. Taylor (He needs to work on his stamina. Once he can play for 25mins before he needs to go off then he will be more useful)
17. Sims/New prop

K

king_johns

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
You know what is really silly. Like, really, REALLY silly?

People moving Hunt to lock from fullback and putting Hodges at Fullback. Can someone please tell me how this will be a better option? Seriously, Hunt is the perfect fullback. Why do people want to keep moving him? Because he has tree-trunk legs. That's the only excuse I have heard and it's lame as shit.

Hunt is super safe under the high ball, his kamikaze kick returns are sensational and it allows our forwards to get on side quicker, his positional play is close to perfect and defensive he is solid. What more do we want? We don't have a better replacement.

Moving Hodges from the centres to fullback will just weaken our backline. What's the point? [icon_shru

And Hunt at lock will provide what exactly? What's wrong with Eastwood or Setu at lock?

Seriously, it's silly.

Anyway, my 2009 line up would be.

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Gorrell
10. Sims
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Eastwood

14. Parker
15. Kenny
16. Taylor
17. Stagg

Some points:

1. No Marsh. An 80 minute hooker is a must. In my opinion, teams with 80 minute hookers seem to have a better combination and relationship with the halves and as a result, things seem to flow better for the full 80.

2. Sims needs to move into the front row. The guy is big, tall and strong. He just needs a little bit more mongrel in attack and he'll absolutely rip it up. We NEED metre makers, we don't have many at the moment. Clinton and Kenny are the only real notable metre makers, we need to groom another. Sims perfectly fits that mould.

3. Parker off the bench. He played off the bench in 2006 and he was awesome. He has good impact off the bench, it's where he belongs.

4. Hodges and Folau on the same side. Seriously, it would be deadly and nearly unstoppable if executed correctly. Also, on the other side, Michaels isn't too bad in attack, he's got good acceleration and his very strong hitting the line, so I don't see a problem there.

Isnt eastwood gone next year

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Is he? Where did he go?

Leeds Rhinos.

Sims and Clinton starting would be the weakest front row in the comp. Kenny just has to be there in the run on side.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Clinton at his peak is good but he's pretty inconsistent and, apart from 5 games at the start of the season, Sims has been a bit of a powderpuff to be honest. I'd like to see him running wider, surely he's got an offload and some footwork.

Anyone reckon we can convince Petero to come back next year?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ethos said:
Clinton at his peak is good but he's pretty inconsistent and, apart from 5 games at the start of the season, Sims has been a bit of a powderpuff to be honest. I'd like to see him running wider, surely he's got an offload and some footwork.

Anyone reckon we can convince Petero to come back next year?

We would probably be better off getting a new Prop. Although with the revolving door system at clubs at the moment it wouldn't matter if we got a good prop young anyway because he will just leave us as soon as he sees the $$$ elsewhere. So **** it, BRING BACK CIVO!

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.