2010 Lineup

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Exactly he is a back rower playing prop.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
I want Ben Hunt in the team in 2010.

I'd really like to see him as starting Halfback getting the most out of lockyer while he's still around.

But its not going to happen while Wallace is around which sucks and its pretty pointless carrying a halfback on the bench!

I just hope Ben Hunt doesn't leave - he is our future. In 6 or 7 years him and McCullough will be 7 and 9 for Qld origin.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
A bolter for the FB spot would be Todd Murphy from the U/20's.

Good player. Good Speed. I think he used to play halfback so he has a passing and kicking game.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
db1459 said:

Good player. Good Speed. I think he used to play halfback so he has a passing and kicking game.

Nice to have some good young backup, but don't think he will be 1st choice with Hoffman, Beale and the possible return of Kemp in front of him...

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
db1459 said:

Nice to have some good young backup, but don't think he will be 1st choice with Hoffman, Beale and the possible return of Kemp in front of him...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kemp to fullback. Tell the world and watch him run!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Rumoured Squad

1. Rohan Ahern
2. Kurt Baptiste
3. Gerard Beale
4. Matt Britt
5. Dale Copley
6. Joel Clinton
7. Israel Folau
8. Dane Gagai
9. Matt Gillett
10. Alex Glenn
11. David Hala
12. Justin Hodges
13. Josh Hoffman
14. Ben Hunt
15. Denan Kemp
16. Nick Kenny
17. Kurtis Lingwoodock
18. Darren Lockyer
19. Dunamuis Lui
20. PJ Marsh
21. Andrew McCullough
22. Josh McGuire
23. Steve Michaels
24. Corey Parker
25. Lagi Setu
26. Ashton Sims
27. Michael Spence
28. Ben Te'o
29. Sam Thaiday
30. Peter Wallace
31. Palmer Wapau
32. Guy Williams
33. Antonio Winterstein
34. Jharal Yow Yeh

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
its a top 25 thou isnt it. which 9 are cut?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Over the off-season they train with a much larger squad than the official top 25 which is the one the salary cap moniters.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
My Team 2010 with backups in each position:

1. Kemp - Hoffman
2. Winterstein - Copley
3. Folau - Beale
4. Hodges - Michaels
5. Yow Yeh - Gagai
6. Lockyer - Marsh
7. Wallace - Hunt
8. Kenny - Hala
9. McCullough - Baptiste
10. Clinton - Britt
11. Thaiday - Williams
12. Parker - Ahern
13. Glenn - Spence

14. Sims - Lingwoodock
15. Setu - Wapau
16. Te'o - Gillett
17. McGuire - Lui

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Big Pete said:
Rumoured Squad

1. Rohan Ahern
2. Kurt Baptiste
3. Gerard Beale
4. Matt Britt
5. Dale Copley
6. Joel Clinton
7. Israel Folau
8. Dane Gagai
9. Matt Gillett
10. Alex Glenn
11. David Hala
12. Justin Hodges
13. Josh Hoffman
14. Ben Hunt
15. Denan Kemp
16. Nick Kenny
17. Kurtis Lingwoodock
18. Darren Lockyer
19. Dunamuis Lui
20. PJ Marsh
21. Andrew McCullough
22. Josh McGuire
23. Steve Michaels
24. Corey Parker
25. Lagi Setu
26. Ashton Sims
27. Michael Spence
28. Ben Te'o
29. Sam Thaiday
30. Peter Wallace
31. Palmer Wapau
32. Guy Williams
33. Antonio Winterstein
34. Jharal Yow Yeh

Has Rohan Ahern and Matt Britt been confirmed signings?
The players I have highlighted are the ones i don't think will be in the top 25 leaving the unhighlighted players to be in the top 25 squad.
Ive highlighted Ahern and Britt as I don't think they are confirmed signings as yet..

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
back to the pack in a big way for the Broncos in 2010 imo .... B.Cullen better stop bullsh*ting that "we have no money to spend" and get active in the player market for 2011 at least ...

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I'll have a go now and see how close I get come round 1 next year.

1. Kemp
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Glenn
-------------------
14. Sims
15. Teo
16. Setu
17. McGuire

Looks to be a bit more depth next year in the forwards with the Under 20's boys showing real promise.

Despite the backline I have named (named what I think will happen not what I think should happen), I just don't think Izzy is a centre. I say let him be the best winger in the game and be damn glad that we've got him in our team.

I'd be interested to see if they give Winterstein a couple of games in the centres in the trials. I think his accelaration could prove a very handy asset in setting up his winger. We saw a few times this year he was easily able to get on the outside of his marker from a standing start. Defensively though I admit he would have to improve.

One thing I think we would really be looking for over the offseason is a good bench utility. Alex Glenn is that, but I think he will start in the back row next year and will have a massive season. I'd like to see someone who can come on and really take advantage of tired forwards like Michael Sullivan used to do for the Sharks for a year or two. Whoever this player would be I'd bring him on for one of the prop forwards and push Parker or Thaiday to the front row. I don't like the idea of using your bench utility as a second hooker. Can we get Berrigan back? [icon_lol1.

All in all I think we'll be in good shape to make the finals again, and with the likes of Hunt, Hala, Copley, Lingwoodock, Hoffman, Spence and Williams all on the fringes, I am hoping everyone would be wary of that and perform at their best to stay in the team. Hell, even if the centres and wingers don't perform we might see Michaels back in first grade [icon_lol1. (joking)

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Sorry guys but the team next year will struggle to make the 8. Unless 2 things happen, Lockyer doesn't play rep football and we have no major injuries all year. Considering the past, Lockyer, Hodges and Wallace will not play the full season next year, typically all will suffer some kind of injury that will put them out for at least 4-8 matches each or worse. I disagree on Hunt, he needs at the very least 2 years in the QLD Cup. He has the skills yes, but Wallace is our half back and Hunt isn't a 5/8" nor is he a Hooker. Let him hone his skills. We MUST buy at least 2 forwards, Blair, Tolman or White would be at the top of my list and let Clinton, Wapau, PJ Marsh and Michaels go, and even Parker if that what it takes. also what ever the defensive coach at the Storm is on, double it and GET HIM, don't take no for an answer, we need a change to our technique. I don't care if we lose 3 players, but target Dallas Johnson. Where is Porky when we need him? Take note of what the Bulldogs did last year, they brought success, ok they didn't make the GF either, but they got the spoon last year.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Let Clinton and Parker go?

Er, how about we don't.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:

Er, how about we don't.

If it means we get big, strong aggressive props that can lay a foundation and get us going forwards, err, yeah.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
burg, they said that about our team this year and we were one game from the GF... also about Clinton i don't know why people are still judging him on last years form (when they say we should let him go), he has been one of our best forwards this year. Parker has also been one of our most consistent forwards this year

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Burg said:
ningnangnong said:

Er, how about we don't.

If it means we get big, strong aggressive props that can lay a foundation and get us going forwards, err, yeah.

we have money up our sleeve to sign a decent player, but why sign a new player for the sake of signing someone when there are no decent players on the market

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • BooKhaki
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • bazza
  • Big Del
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.