2010 Lineup

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Every year we say the Broncos will struggle to make the 8.

We just got over losing a billion players to sign one average winger who wants to play centre, why not learn from that and work with what we have.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I fail to see why we will miss the 8. Out of the 8 teams that made the top 8 this year, why will we be the ones that don't back that up? What has every other team got that we don't? And also, which team that didn't make the top 8 this year is good enough to improve and beat us?

Meh, Burg says the same thing every year.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
my expectations for the 2010 season.

# A Top 8 Finish
# One of the forwards to step up and become a leader of our pack
# Henjak to learn from his mistakes. i.e keeping Michaels in the team for so long and not selecting a genuine halfback for the Prelim Final
# The young kids to keep improving.
# To keep our defensive attitude for the entire season.
# I also expect Tunza will retire again

IMO, the starting lineup should be

01. Beale/Kemp/Hoffman
02. Winterstein
03. Folau
04. Hodges
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Wallace
08. Kenny
09. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Sims
15. McGuire
16. Te'o
17. Setu

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We'll start OK, struggle heavilly during and shortly after the Origin period where a lot of people will begin to doubt us, and come home strong starting a few rounds after the bye.

That's pretty much how it's been since 2006 for us. :D

Hunt is a MASSIVE loss though. Lockyer will miss him out wide just as much as he missed Wallace tonight IMO.
I'm hoping McCullough develops further and starts being more of an organiser, like Cam Smith.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I honestly think if Kemp can get back to his form of 2008 he will give the Broncos another dimension in attack. Look at Billy Slater he has speed and a jink and he carves up all day long. We will miss KHUNT but I think Kemp will do a good job playing at fullback.

C

Chumbason

BRL Player
May 10, 2009
No Hunt! means our passion may take a dive.
Kemp has speed... but ehat else?
Yow yeah might improve.
Falou needs to get back on the wing or pick his act up big time.
Hodges is good, but his atitude is crap most of the time.
Antonio W, needs to improve or be replaced.
Locky needs a 1/2 to play well and a pack that goes forward, so we're half way there.
Carol will be gone, so that will hurt.
Parker won't improve but he won't get any worse.
Thaiday may get better, but how much better?
Sims is like Parker.
Clinton is only just there.
Kenny may get better, but is that enough?
Our no.9s are all average, so?
Big Dave will be gone, but he was only good in short burst, so maybe we won't miss him so much.
Setu, Teo and co will do their bit, but I doubt they have much to offer.

The Broncos ARE in a pickle, but they'll muddle through, I was just after a little more than that.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Jeba said:
I'll have a go now and see how close I get come round 1 next year.

One thing I think we would really be looking for over the offseason is a good bench utility. Alex Glenn is that, but I think he will start in the back row next year and will have a massive season. I'd like to see someone who can come on and really take advantage of tired forwards like Michael Sullivan used to do for the Sharks for a year or two. Whoever this player would be I'd bring him on for one of the prop forwards and push Parker or Thaiday to the front row. I don't like the idea of using your bench utility as a second hooker. Can we get Berrigan back? [icon_lol1.
I think Matt Gillett would be a good bench utility for us. He is a small and fast lock who played half of the season at five eighth if you don't know who he is. He really impressed me this year and obviously the Broncos too since he was able to snag a contract after a fantastic season.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
I fail to see why we will miss the 8. Out of the 8 teams that made the top 8 this year, why will we be the ones that don't back that up? What has every other team got that we don't? And also, which team that didn't make the top 8 this year is good enough to improve and beat us?

I think the Warriors, Cowboys and Tigers under preformed this year. Also with Smith in charge of the Roosters I can see a turn around in their position. The Sharks had a massive injury toll and you can expect them to improve. Can you see the Broncos being a better team next year then this year without Hunt and Taylor?

Meh, Burg says the same thing every year.

Get over yourself Jeb. I have never suggested in the past the Broncos wouldn't make the 8. I just don't understand how we continue to lose the volume of high value rep players out of the side and it not have an effect at some stage, when we are not replacing them.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
1. Kemp
2. Winterstein
3. Falou
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. Glenn
15. Te'o
16. Setu
17. Williams

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
I honestly think if Kemp can get back to his form of 2008 he will give the Broncos another dimension in attack. Look at Billy Slater he has speed and a jink and he carves up all day long. We will miss KHUNT but I think Kemp will do a good job playing at fullback.

Agreed.

What we lose with Hunt we could gain in another area with Kemp should he realise his potential.

Hunt offered security, reliability and an extra hand in attacking plays. Kemp would be in more of the Slater mould, in that his kind of game and speed would be based around support play off the halves.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I hope Kenny and Clinton are up for a big year next year cause it seems like our pack get's lighter every season. Our forwards don't really seem as intimidating as they have been in years gone by which makes me worried.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
I hope Kenny and Clinton are up for a big year next year cause it seems like our pack get's lighter every season. Our forwards don't really seem as intimidating as they have been in years gone by which makes me worried.

Add Sims to that. He is one fo the few forwards we have that can intimidate the opposition.

D

dprior

Mar 5, 2008
With Smith available, maybe Locky will drop back to Fullback.

My team:

Locky
Kemp/Winterstein
Falou
Hodges
Yow Yea
Wallace
Smith
Kenny
McCullough
Clinton (if he stays)
Parker
Thaiday
Glenn

Sims
Teo
Setu/? prop
Macguire

With Clinton not playing much in the back end of the season, I would not be that suprised to see him move on. We are a touch light on, that is why I have put an option with Setu for another prop.

Glenn needs to start as a lock.

Moving Locky to F/B will keep him in the game for the next 2 years. Smith and Wallace can do most of the ball playing and Locky can chip in like he used to. Kemp, Yow Yea, Falou and Hodges can provide the speed. Locky would at least be the same spead as the General from the Doggies.

DP

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
dprior said:
Moving Locky to F/B will keep him in the game for the next 2 years. Smith and Wallace can do most of the ball playing and Locky can chip in like he used to. Kemp, Yow Yea, Falou and Hodges can provide the speed. Locky would at least be the same spead as the General from the Doggies.

Rubbish.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Locky will get smashed at fullback! He's too old to play there now IMO. Him taking bombs with big forward rushing him.... I would rather have him at 6.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I agree Locky would be no slower or worse than Luke Patten at fullback...but that's like saying brussel sprouts don't taste as bad as dogshit....they're still both shit.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Kemp
2. Folau (He needs to be on the wing unless we have a crisis in the centers. He isn't overly quick, can't read in defence, can't step and can't pass)
3. Glenn
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh/Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Setu
15. Sims
16. McGuire
17. BUY US A **** PROP BRUNO YOU DICK!

I would consider giving Beale a run in the centers and having Glenn on the bench at the expense of a prop too, but Beale is still pretty young so that would be a bit of a gamble. Also, get Folau working on his jumping again and start kicking to him in the in-goal. I don't give a shit if it's boring, if it means we score trys we should be fucking doing it.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
1. Kemp
2. Folau (He needs to be on the wing unless we have a crisis in the centers. He isn't overly quick, can't read in defence, can't step and can't pass)
3. Glenn
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh/Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Setu
15. Sims
16. McGuire
17. BUY US A **** PROP BRUNO YOU DICK!

I would consider giving Beale a run in the centers and having Glenn on the bench at the expense of a prop too, but Beale is still pretty young so that would be a bit of a gamble. Also, get Folau working on his jumping again and start kicking to him in the in-goal. I don't give a shit if it's boring, if it means we score trys we should be **** doing it.

Picked up a bargain.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • marw
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.