2011 Memberships

Will you be a 2011 Broncos season member

• Total voters
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So, who will be a Broncos season member for the 2011 season.

I'll be renewing my membership in the diehard section, i'll be paying $190 for the season.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the only thing that stops me from getting one these days is that i go to games with diff people every time.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Won't renew this year because I probably won't be able to go to many games, since my son will probably be playing junior footy at the same time (Friday nights). :evil:
I wish junior footy was played only in the weekend days mornings... [icon_confu

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
audragon said:
Won't renew this year because I probably won't be able to go to many games, since my son will probably be playing junior footy at the same time (Friday nights). :evil:

it does seem a bit stupid doesn't it... you would think that the junior leagues would want their players to be able to watch their heroes play the game.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Foordy said:
audragon said:

it does seem a bit stupid doesn't it... you would think that the junior leagues would want their players to be able to watch their heroes play the game.
Indeed, very much so.
I didn't realise that was going to be the case this past season also (from the U15's onwards it seems), so we were lucky the Broncos didn't play as many Friday night games as usual, especially when you think I spent over $1K for the season memberships.

What also sucks is that I lose the platinum privileges for the Origin games if I don't renew... :evil:

M

Mattycat

U18 Player
Sep 14, 2008
We are all renewing. I have always found that it is a great family day out. Also, I think the powers to be would be disappointed if the people who are on the membership campaign didn't renew.

See the front of the website and you will see what I mean.
http://www.broncos.com.au/

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Mattycat said:
We are all renewing. I have always found that it is a great family day out. Also, I think the powers to be would be disappointed if the people who are on the membership campaign didn't renew.

See the front of the website and you will see what I mean.
http://www.broncos.com.au/

would be handy if we actually knew which one u are lol

LOL, looking at that pic, it looks like the kid is being forced to cheer
"but daddy i dont wanna watch football"
"YOU'LL CHEER WHEN I TELL U, NOW RAISE THOSE ARMS"

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is a comment from an article in the Courier Mail ... i had to lol because the membership number they gave is way under what we actually had for the 2010 season ... and if that is the figure that has signed up for next season already then we are on track to smash the 2010 season memberships tally ov over 13000.

The Broncos boast an NRL-record average crowd figure of 35,000-plus, but a membership tally of just 9000.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5937330498

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
yeah, will renew my seats behind the goal posts.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I renewed.

I think it's a lovely dream to think we could get 35000 members so that our 35000 crowd average is pretty exclusively members, but let's face reality. This is rugby league. The game is as good to watch (or better) on TV, and there are a lot of crap game each season, thanks mainly to the impact State of Origin has on the competition where it's basically rat shit for 9 weeks while players are on rep duty and away, and people are saving their pennies to go to the Origin games rather than club games etc.

But hey, it's a nice thing for Paul White to say that he wants to make it his priority to convert more casual attendees to ticketed members. I just think once he gets in there and does some talking to the ticket/membership departments he's going to realise that say, 50% of the average attendance as members is probably a more realistic target (currently it's about 37%). And even then he has to take into account the on field performances. Not all season members are diehard fans who will commit to paying up to $400 a year to watch the team lose more often than it wins...

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
give me a Jersey with a membership and ill become a member. until that happens, not happening.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
give me a Jersey with a membership and ill become a member. until that happens, not happening.

They may well offer that with Platinum one day, but watch the price of platinum membership jump by about $150! [icon_lol1.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:

Don't like the thought of being heckled wearing a storm jersey at Broncos games?? [icon_razz1

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Anonymous person":2wppskuw]give me a Jersey with a membership and ill become a member. until that happens, not happening.

Don't like the thought of being heckled wearing a storm jersey at Broncos games?? [icon_razz1[/quote:2wppskuw]
ha

ha

ive got more broncos jerseys than you can poke a stick at - 5 or 6 i think? 1 aussie jersey, about 6 QLD jerseys, and a cowboys jersey, but no storm ones.

wouldnt catch me dead wearing purple [icon_lol1.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anonymous person said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":nk2ab5ki][quote="Anonymous person":nk2ab5ki]give me a Jersey with a membership and ill become a member. until that happens, not happening.

Don't like the thought of being heckled wearing a storm jersey at Broncos games?? [icon_razz1[/quote:nk2ab5ki]
ha

ha

ive got more broncos jerseys than you can poke a stick at - 5 or 6 i think? 1 aussie jersey, about 6 QLD jerseys, and a cowboys jersey, but no storm ones.

wouldnt catch me dead wearing purple [icon_lol1.[/quote:nk2ab5ki]

so why do you need another Bronco jersey?? It would be nice to get one with membership but I'd imagine you would end up paying for it well and truly.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Foordy said:
This is a comment from an article in the Courier Mail ... i had to lol because the membership number they gave is way under what we actually had for the 2010 season ... and if that is the figure that has signed up for next season already then we are on track to smash the 2010 season memberships tally ov over 13000.

The Broncos boast an NRL-record average crowd figure of 35,000-plus, but a membership tally of just 9000.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5937330498

Is it true that the Broncos include the Suncorp stadium members into their Bronco members totals? As I was told that all the teams that play at ANZ (Souths, Bulldogs and Eels) have the option to do this.

But all the teams agreed due to the amount of members the ANZ stadium is reported to have (over 40,000) and due to the varied sports played at the stadium that the numbers wouldn't be realistic for clubs to include in their membership numbers.

Where Suncorp stadium is really only for the Broncos, Reds and the Roar (looking at their crowds, I highly doubt people are going for them). Can anyone confirm this at all?

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.