broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Actually I found a list.

I'm going to list all players worth looking into...

• David Stagg
    Bryson Goodwin
    John Williams
    Aiden Sezer
    David Williams
    Liam Foran
    Carlos Tuimavave
    Etu Uaisele
    Michael Crocker
    Denan Kemp

That's everyone worth a damn... Which really means the quality of off-contract players is bad.

David Williams would be a handy signing, David Stagg wouldn't be a bad depth signing and will definitely come in handy around origin or injuries.

That's not to say there won't be players who are let off contract early.

Here's a list of players off contract for 2013 who may be allowed to leave a year early, you never know.

• Josh Papalli
    Sam Williams
    Frank Pritchard
    Aiden Tolman
    Josh Renoylds
    Jayson Bukuya
    Todd Carney
    Jeremy Smith
    Anthony Tupou
    Greg Bird
    Gareth Widdop
    Kevin Locke
    Elijah Taylor
    Feleti Mateo
    Kevin Naiqama
    Johnathan Thurston
    Jamie Soward
    Boyd Cordner
    Mitch Aubusson

I agree that out of that list Dave Williams would be an alright signing and I would definitely have Stagg back for depth... I would imagine he would come cheap too with seemingly limited options around for him.

It baffles me as to why the titans haven't resigned sezer, he is a great player and they have only looked good since his arrival. IMO Gee needs to get his arse down the M1 and get that kid up to red hill. IMO Wallace and sezer would go really well together.

Not sure what to do with hunt and I imagine 2013 will be his last year in the maroon and gold. Surely the norman 5/8 experiment is over. For mine he is either at fullback, centre or bulk up and join the backrow. In saying that I think eventually that his where his true position lies, I can see him being a very good back rower

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm concerned for reed in the centres too. Was so far off the pace this season. Bad case of second year syndrome

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
David Williams would be a shit signing. We have Maranta, Copley, Whitchurch, Kahu and Yow Yeh all capable on the wing. I'd only be signing an outside back if they are a superstar or a young player looking for a chance.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I read a snippet in one of those 'rumour files' sections of the sport pages (could've been 'The Ear' in the Courier Mail) that Aiden Sezer was pretty much a done deal for Brisbane for 2013 ...

of course, that was about three or four months ago when the broncos were flying and I think my first thought when reading it was "what's the point?!" :ohmy:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm concerned for reed in the centres too. Was so far off the pace this season. Bad case of second year syndrome

He has had a shit season that is for sure. Dead set shocker last night as well. If only he had scored that try.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I read a snippet in one of those 'rumour files' sections of the sport pages (could've been 'The Ear' in the Courier Mail) that Aiden Sezer was pretty much a done deal for Brisbane for 2013 ...

of course, that was about three or four months ago when the broncos were flying and I think my first thought when reading it was "what's the point?!" :ohmy:

I also recall reading that. Would be handy if it was true because Sezer can play

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

not surprising, I mean a fair whack of the whole "2nd year syndrome" thing is opposition teams scouting a player harder than the previous year ... Reed's a goer and a tryer but he's not a player other teams would spend much time talking about during their video sessions .. ie he's not a player that's too difficult to get a read on (no pun intended).

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I also recall reading that. Would be handy if it was true because Sezer can play

heck yeah, he's not in that blue chip list of halves but would be an asset for sure, if for no other reason than to put some serious pressure on the current mis-firing #6

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
heck yeah, he's not in that blue chip list of halves but would be an asset for sure, if for no other reason than to put some serious pressure on the current mis-firing #6

You're of course assuming that Griffin is unhappy with Norman, which I don't think he is. His poor form across the majority of this season didn't end in him being axed, so I expect he'll be gifted the job again next year, no matter the pressure from others who may be better options or playing better football...

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He has had a shit season that is for sure. Dead set shocker last night as well. If only he had scored that try.

I haven't watched the replay......but do you think if he had passed to Copley that he might have scored instead?

Either way I feel he botched that try and others throughout the year for being a) greedy/selfish or b) not trusting Copley.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I haven't watched the replay......but do you think if he had passed to Copley that he might have scored instead?

Either way I feel he botched that try and others throughout the year for being a) greedy/selfish or b) not trusting Copley.

I thought he should have went over himself but he ballsed it up.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

I kinda thought he was a bit selfish this year also, think it came down to getting shit ball from Norman so he wanted to make the most of it himself.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Reed hasn't been getting much quality ball either by hand or in the air. We don't even kick for him it's a kick in hope he can get there

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
As of right now this is how I expect us to look in 2013...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dale Copley
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday (c)
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Matt Gillett
16. Scott Anderson
17. Dave Hala

As of right now I'd expect us to run about 8th in 2013.

Oink !

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
On that list at zerotackle.com there has to be some diamonds in the rough that I just haven't seen enough of.

David Williams gets injured too much for a winger with his price tag.

David Stagg, as good a guy as he is, and a great worker, he is the last type of player we need. NO !

Of those that I do know something about

Lama Tasi from the Roosters assuming the price is ok would be a low risk signing. We simply can't keep using Scott Anderson. He is just rubbish.

Carlos Tuimave from the Warriors.

Some other speedy, nippy, elusive types that I have no clue about.

Not sure we are in the market for a coach just yet but should we be any time soon, I would like to see the kitchen sink thrown at the best coaches in the game. Always hear that the Broncos make money each year and few other clubs do. Well coach doesn't come under the cap so this is an area to throw the cash around. We are the biggest best club in RL. Let coaches cut their teeth elsewhere. Only the best for the Brisbane Broncos. Get Bellamy or whoever and pay whatever it takes.

Oink !

Last edited:
M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Return of the Kemp-Meister!

Hell yea, that would be awesome if it happened. Provided Kemp gets back to somewhere near his best, a backline with Hodges, Yow Yeh and Kemp could potentially be lethal (depending on our halves form)

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ronald
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.