Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I don't think the Campese idea is horrible at all, but I still wouldn't chase him. I will continue to circle jerk about Shaun Johnson because I think he's a super talent, though I doubt he's realistically available.

Sezer would be okay but I don't think he's really got the x-factor our team needs. The other notable name half who I believe is technically off contract is Quade Cooper. He'd be a huge risk but does have a lot of upside. I suspect is off field history would prevent him even being considered though.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think the Campese idea is horrible at all, but I still wouldn't chase him. I will continue to circle jerk about Shaun Johnson because I think he's a super talent, though I doubt he's realistically available.

Sezer would be okay but I don't think he's really got the x-factor our team needs. The other notable name half who I believe is technically off contract is Quade Cooper. He'd be a huge risk but does have a lot of upside. I suspect is off field history would prevent him even being considered though.

custom made for the Roosters imo ...

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah the only ones I'd be looking at are Johnson and Sezer. What was the deal with Johnson again though, he's signed up till 2014 yeah?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Campese. Get ****ed what a stupid suggestion. No thanks

Desperation does funny things to people, look in the signings thread people tossing about names like Sandow and Soward as if they would fit into our ethos one bit.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Don't really care who we put on the park (Bronco for life and all that BS), I'd thought it'd be pretty easy - stop being so shit after State of Origin (and blaming it).

As for players, whats in the UK, heck, even PNG?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah the only ones I'd be looking at are Johnson and Sezer. What was the deal with Johnson again though, he's signed up till 2014 yeah?

Yes, but out of form and out of favour. A lot depends on who replaces McLennan as coach of the Warriors.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, but out of form and out of favour. A lot depends on who replaces McLennan as coach of the Warriors.

Only a bunch of absolute half-whits would release a talent like Johnson early ... given that it's New Zealand faced with that decision, we're probably a pretty decent shot at getting him ... :001_tt2:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Warriors wouldn't release Maloney early so I can't see them letting Johnson go. They don't really have anything to replace him with either.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Changes I'd like to see in 2013.

Hodges to fullback, at least experimentally.
Hoffman to wing or centre, at least experimentally.
Copley to centre
Reed to the backrow/bench
Maranta given a starting go at wing.
YowYeh to come back strong.
Norman to the knackery and if we are to sign Sezer, get him in there now.
Wallace... Wallace.
Teo to change his mind and come back.
Thaiday to prop. Thaiday/Hannant/McGuire to be our prop rotation.
Glenn -> 80minutes
Gillett to prove he's a starter or forever be a benchy.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Changes I'd like to see in 2013.

Hodges to fullback, at least experimentally.
Hoffman to wing or centre, at least experimentally.
Copley to centre
Reed to the backrow/bench
Maranta given a starting go at wing.
YowYeh to come back strong.
Norman to the knackery and if we are to sign Sezer, get him in there now.
Wallace... Wallace.
Teo to change his mind and come back.
Thaiday to prop. Thaiday/Hannant/McGuire to be our prop rotation.
Glenn -> 80minutes
Gillett to prove he's a starter or forever be a benchy.

I would love it if we signed sezer, I rate him highly and I think him at 6 would solve alot of our problems. What are the chances the titans would let him go or for that matter our staff would get their heads out of their arses and go after him

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I would love it if we signed sezer, I rate him highly and I think him at 6 would solve alot of our problems. What are the chances the titans would let him go or for that matter our staff would get their heads out of their arses and go after him

It's not up to the Titans he's off contract which means as of right now he's a free agent and not currently employed at any club.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It's not up to the Titans he's off contract which means as of right now he's a free agent and not currently employed at any club.

That's very true and sorry I worded my question badly, I was more meaning do you think they would be stupid enough not to 'outbid' us seeing as he was the main reason they stopped looking pathetic?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That's very true and sorry I worded my question badly, I was more meaning do you think they would be stupid enough not to 'outbid' us seeing as he was the main reason they stopped looking pathetic?

That's cool man. Honestly hard to say, if they really wanted him that badly they would have signed him a few months ago so I'd say if we seriously chased him we would have a good chance of getting him.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
gUt - As far as I am concerned, Thaiday is not and never will be a prop. His performances there so far have been dismal.

In my view, it is now time for Parker to move up. He does his best work on the middle, always makes ground and usually looks to offload. Aside from which, I really think he is no longer mobile enough for a back rower, especially compared to Glenn, Gillett and a 100% fit Thaiday.

If Thaiday is 100% fit, and Hook really focuses in the off season on getting EVERY player ALWAYS to look to offload, and support play, as an automatic, reflex, Pavlovian stimulus-response, our back rowers in particular will create havoc on the edges. In my view, we have the best back rowers in the competition, and also the most under-utilized.

One of my greatest disappointments this year was the serious lack of consistently used, well rehearsed set plays. When they we used, we were lethal. When they were used ... which was when someone was in the mood to call a play and pass the ball. Grrrrrrrr

If we had just one, class play maker/organizer - in this year's side, just that one player, I honestly believe we would have easily made the top 4. Even with Hoffman at FB.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
In my view, it is now time for Parker to move up. He does his best work on the middle, always makes ground and usually looks to offload. Aside from which, I really think he is no longer mobile enough for a back rower, especially compared to Glenn, Gillett and a 100% fit Thaiday.

That's fine, but Parker has been playing in the middle for years now. It's all well and good to have a backrow of Gillett, Thaiday and Glenn, however there aren't three edges on the field... Someone has to play in the middle.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
That's fine, but Parker has been playing in the middle for years now. It's all well and good to have a backrow of Gillett, Thaiday and Glenn, however there aren't three edges on the field... Someone has to play in the middle.

Thaiday in the middle. He plays just as average the last two years in tight as he does out wide.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
He was pretty bloody epic in 2011 on the right edge... Lockyer, Thaiday, Hodges and Yow Yeh was amazeballs at all levels.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.