2014 Broncos Season

Stagg played shocking in the trials and at the 9s before getting injured. I'd actually put Reed on the bench as a utility player.

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hannant
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Jack Reed
17. Todd Lowrie

2 corey parkers ay???.....if only

bit left field. in attack

1. hodges
2. hoffman
3. reed
4. copley
5. vidot
6. barba
7. hunt
8. hannant(doesn't impact against tired players but should be good in opening salvos)
9. macca
10. parker
11. glenn
12. thaiday
13. gillett

14. granville/oates
15. mcguire (his mobility and passing can be useful off bench)
16. kennedy (best defensive player, as his weight allows him to hold up the ruck criminally long)
17. oates/lowrie (don't know how oates will go defensively)

defence is a big switcheroo. hoffman goes to 5/8, barba to the back (kick returns), hodges to centre and copeley to wing.

another alternative is just switch the bench to full strength players. and put kahu and hodges in.

otherwise we could move granville to 14. when he comes on macca goes to 6 with hoffman on the wing.

due to our sides weaknesses i honestly don't think we can get past the deficiencies without players switching position without the ball.

bit left field. in attack

1. hodges
2. hoffman
3. reed
4. copley
5. vidot
6. barba
7. hunt
8. hannant(doesn't impact against tired players but should be good in opening salvos)
9. macca
10. parker
11. glenn
12. thaiday
13. gillett

14. granville/oates
15. mcguire (his mobility and passing can be useful off bench)
16. kennedy (best defensive player, as his weight allows him to hold up the ruck criminally long)
17. oates/lowrie (don't know how oates will go defensively)

defence is a big switcheroo. hoffman goes to 5/8, barba to the back (kick returns), hodges to centre and copeley to wing.

another alternative is just switch the bench to full strength players. and put kahu and hodges in.

otherwise we could move granville to 14. when he comes on macca goes to 6 with hoffman on the wing.

due to our sides weaknesses i honestly don't think we can get past the deficiencies without players switching position without the ball.

I think that is a bit to complicated.

I think regardless of kahu returning they'll keep Hoffman there now and it suits the back line they can't drop both maranta and Copley and whatever we think of reed he won't be dropped or moved to the bench

so only real changes I see it hodges coming in and Oates getting a spot, probably Wallace's although after 160 minutes on the bench this season he might finally get a run

Ben Hannant went down yesterday with a hamstring problem and is about to be ruled out for the roosters. Kennedy goes into the starting line-up, but who comes into the bench?? Dodds would be my next option but he is injured......Francis Molo or Jon Green maybe?

That really sucks, the timing is just shit. On the bright side we'll get to see how Kennedy goes with long minutes and Hook will be forced to use a youngster or two...

Thaiday will be prop and another backrower will be used, or Granville.

It's starting to look like Kahu will not be in the side when he gets back.

We will find out when Kahu gets back.

Last edited:
Attack is far more important for halves than defence though.

Just move him away from 6 in defense.

I would certainly prefer to focus more on attack. The defense problems can be solved.

I am hoping he gets a crack.

Last edited:
Overheard Stagg saying he should be back next weekend. Think he said playing for Wynnum. Probably won't make first grade but we will have more depth to cover injuries

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • thenry
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • whykickamoocow
  • Jedhead
  • BroncoFan94
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • BruiserMk1
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  • Rookie Alan
  • sooticus
  • Stix
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.