2014 Broncos Season

Hodges still at least 6 weeks away from returning from injury ... Oates could be back in round 3

No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

It would not surprise me if Hodges doesn't return until mid-season.

In 2010, it was article after article saying he will be back by the end of the season, ended up being out for over a year. Injured himself in the 2010 pre-season and didn't return until Round 3 2011.

I think it could depend on how the team is travelling overall.

If we struggle to register any wins, he'll feel the pressure to come back early.

If we actually do manage to travel pretty well....he'll still want to come back early, but there won't be the same desperation.

Come on guys how good is this game penalty are shit house though

Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannant looked the fittest I'd ever seen him in the pre-season pics. Thought he'd be in for a massive season. Unfortunately it looks like it's blunted his impact, and because Hook's using him in that role (as opposed to being a workhorse prop like previous seasons) it's made him less effective for us. Maybe he'll get bigger minutes and therefore be utilised better with Moose out?

im starting to feel confident of a top 8 finish.

top 5 in any order.
manly, rabbits, roosters, storm, panthers

6 + 7 in any order
broncos, cowboys

8-> 16 any order
dogs, knights (due to injuries), raiders, titans, dragons, tigers, eels, warriors, sharks (thanks to injuries and asada)

What are everyones thoughts on our full strength team for the remainder of the season (According to sources, Hodges, Kahu, Stagg are all likely to return within the next few weeks)

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Martin Kennedy
15. Ben Hannant
16. David Stagg
17. Todd Lowrie

And ideally when Corey Oates returns this year (If he does), I'd have him on the bench over Stagg or Lowrie.

I'll be interested to see who gets dropped along with Maranta in the backline if we play Kahu at Five-Eighth, it's either going to be Vidot, Copley or Reed.. I'm really hoping it's Reed, and based on form, he's been performing the least of the 3.

I'd also keep Josh Hoffman on the left wing as he seemed really comfortable there last season, and Vidot played a lot of right wing at the Raiders & Dragons, and should flourish outside of Hodgo.

Last edited:
That'd be my team Unbreakable, outside some of the bench tweaking you suggest.

What are everyones thoughts on our full strength team for the remainder of the season (According to sources, Hodges, Kahu, Stagg are all likely to return within the next few weeks)

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges (c)
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Martin Kennedy
15. Ben Hannant
16. David Stagg
17. Todd Lowrie

And ideally when Corey Oates returns this year (If he does), I'd have him on the bench over Stagg or Lowrie.

I'll be interested to see who gets dropped along with Maranta in the backline if we play Kahu at Five-Eighth, it's either going to be Vidot, Copley or Reed.. I'm really hoping it's Reed, and based on form, he's been performing the least of the 3.

I'd also keep Josh Hoffman on the left wing as he seemed really comfortable there last season, and Vidot played a lot of right wing at the Raiders & Dragons, and should flourish outside of Hodgo.

You honestly believe Maranta will be dropped after the start he has had? Even when he was playing like shit, he was favored. Now...I don't see it happening.

On another note, that's a bloody good side. I would love to see that.

Last edited:
You honestly believe Maranta will be dropped after the start he has had? Even when he was playing like shit, he was favored. Now...I don't see it happening.

On another note, that's a bloody good side. I would love to see that.

When Hodges is back Hook won't have much of a choice, Reed / Vidot on the left is set for the time being, and Copley is better than Maranta, so it'll probably be Hodges replacing Copley in the centres and Copley replacing Maranta on the wing.

I don't like the idea of having both lowrie and stagg on the bench. Do we really need both of them? Bring in someone whos going to make an impact. Not referring to teddy bear hala. Granville maybe, I dunno

Stagg played shocking in the trials and at the 9s before getting injured. I'd actually put Reed on the bench as a utility player.

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hannant
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Jack Reed
17. Todd Lowrie

You honestly believe Maranta will be dropped after the start he has had? Even when he was playing like ****, he was favored. Now...I don't see it happening.

Not really, he was only preferred to Denan Kemp. Kahu was picked over him when he was fit.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • Lostboy
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tmac
  • Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.