10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Garbutt
16. Hannant
17. Oates

I'd like to see Barba and Milford alternating between fullback and five-eighth in attack a few times to keep defensive lines guessing. I actually can't wait for a slimmed down Barba, Milford and Hunt all in the one team, with a quality forward pack and strike across the park. I feel this team has the balance of big props, mobility, stength and speed out wide. I have a feeling Boyd wont come to the Broncos and Hoffman will stay because he wants to play under Bennett. I'd also like to see Vidot slim down a little bit, so he can be a little quicker. After all he feels he's playing a little heavier than what he's comfortable with, so he'll probably trim down a bit.

C

Cronos

Banned User
Jul 22, 2014
I would love to see

1. Milford/Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Barba/Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Garbutt
16. Hannant
17. Oates

I'd like to see Barba and Milford alternating between fullback and five-eighth in attack a few times to keep defensive lines guessing. I actually can't wait for a slimmed down Barba, Milford and Hunt all in the one team, with a quality forward pack and strike across the park. I feel this team has the balance of big props, mobility, stength and speed out wide. I have a feeling Boyd wont come to the Broncos and Hoffman will stay because he wants to play under Bennett. I'd also like to see Vidot slim down a little bit, so he can be a little quicker. After all he feels he's playing a little heavier than what he's comfortable with, so he'll probably trim down a bit.

Barba, Vidot, Hoffman and Hannant won't be in Bronco colours next year, Kennedy is doubtful as well, Macca won't be the starting Hooker and Garbutt will be only in the 17 at Origin time. WB is coming here to improve the team, he won't be using the same group of players who struggle to win half their games.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Barba, Vidot, Hoffman and Hannant won't be in Bronco colours next year, Kennedy is doubtful as well, Macca won't be the starting Hooker and Garbutt will be only in the 17 at Origin time. WB is coming here to improve the team, he won't be using the same group of players who struggle to win half their games.

Are you kidding, Kennedy and Macca will definitely be in the team and I see Garbutt in the 17 every week.

C

cento

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
barba defense has been great since going to 5/8 his attack has not clicked yet but it will come i thought he done a good job on slater and cronk all night

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

So apparantly you are in denial ...

Macca will be the starting hooker as we have no better options ... and if Bennett is bringing Waddell to the club to be starting hooker, he should be fired right now.

Hoffman i agree with, he will leave to play fullback

Vidot will likely get a wing position, Bennett loves big strong wingers in his team (remember like Sailor and Tuquiri and neither of them were great under the high ball)

Hannant has reportedly been told by Bennett that Bennett wants him in the team next year, likely going to come down to cap space.

Kennedy has also been told they will be keeping him, and you don't keep a 400k player on the books unless you intend playing him in the top grade.

Barba - Honestly probably comes down to whether Boyd comes or not. unfortunately Bennett will want to give Boyd a spine position, so that leaves Barba the odd man out if Boyd follows daddy

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
barba defense has been great since going to 5/8 his attack has not clicked yet but it will come i thought he done a good job on slater and cronk all night

I agree his defence has been surprisingly not bad but that isn't really most peoples issue. We feel that Barba and Hunt aren't the right combo.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I agree his defence has been surprisingly not bad but that isn't really most peoples issue. We feel that Barba and Hunt aren't the right combo.

Maybe not, but they are the best combo for 2015, IMO, Taylor needs to be playing for a full season as starting halfback in an ISC team ... if for nothing else, to get that NYC rubbish out of his system, and playing against better defence.

the defence is non-exisitant in the NYC. he needs the propper progression

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I think I would be willing to sacrifice some of Barba's defence for more speed, as I think it will spark him back into form. Hopefully Wayne Bennett feels the same.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe not, but they are the best combo for 2015, IMO, Taylor needs to be playing for a full season as starting halfback in an ISC team ... if for nothing else, to get that NYC rubbish out of his system, and playing against better defence.

the defence is non-exisitant in the NYC. he needs the propper progression

Taylor could very well need a year or 2 in Q cup but maybe he doesn't. Time will tell. His kicking game against the knights was just unreal and is exactly what we need.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Taylor could very well need a year or 2 in Q cup but maybe he doesn't. Time will tell. His kicking game against the knights was just unreal and is exactly what we need.

I haven't seen Taylor play, but people are hyping him up big time.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I haven't seen Taylor play, but people are hyping him up big time.

Every kid with an ounce of talent gets hyped up. He is highly rated. Signed a 3 year deal for us last year. That kicking game against the Knights in the under 20's was as good as you will ever see IMO.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Hunt has nailed down his place and Barba has been showing some form since his move to five-eighth and should keep his spot for next year. Milford's best spot is fullback and having a Hayne style fullback will benefit our team tremendously.

6: Barba
7: Hunt

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There is no doubt Taylor is a supremely exciting prospect but he is still just that, a prospect. Players, especially the spine variety, need to earn a spot and experience is massive. DCE is a fine example of that and to a lesser extent, Hunt as well. Make Taylor start in the ISC. If he carves up for half a season and we need another half at the time, give him a shot during the origin period. If he isn't setting the world on fire, give him the whole season. He is so young, there is no need to rush him. He will get his chance without a doubt.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
There is no doubt Taylor is a supremely exciting prospect but he is still just that, a prospect. Players, especially the spine variety, need to earn a spot and experience is massive. DCE is a fine example of that and to a lesser extent, Hunt as well. Make Taylor start in the ISC. If he carves up for half a season and we need another half at the time, give him a shot during the origin period. If he isn't setting the world on fire, give him the whole season. He is so young, there is no need to rush him. He will get his chance without a doubt.

I am very happy for that to be the plan.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm actually really excited to see what we have after giving Barba and Hunt have a whole off season training together, and we have a better structure under Bennett's influence.

I'd be dissapointing to lose Barba to accommodate Boyd.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
7. Hunt
6. Hodges.

If I was going to bring one of the u20s through it would Duncan P. he is an organiser plays a simple game and looks to work for those around him. Taylor looks like a u20s half - looks good against loose defence, first option is always himself just like K. Nikorimi. Taylor needs some time in the ISC because he is clearly the most talented of the young guys, he is just not a great partner for Hunt at present.
You have no idea
Taylor is all for the team and sets up many tries for his outside men. Nikorimas are both ball hogs

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm pretty sure Ash will be playing NYC next season, considering Kodi won't be eligible any more and Duncan is apparently heading to Union, we'll be light on in the 20's.

6. J.Nikorima
7. Taylor

Not even sure who'll be playing Fullback in that scenario.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I'm pretty sure Ash will be playing NYC next season, considering Kodi won't be eligible any more and Duncan is apparently heading to Union, we'll be light on in the 20's.

6. J.Nikorima
7. Taylor

Not even sure who'll be playing Fullback in that scenario.
Maybe Byrnes

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.