2016 Rio Olympics

Congrats to Fiji.

You can see how much it means to them. First medal in any olympic event and it's gold.

**** me Bolt is a legend.
Just refuses to lose. Needs to teach our swimmers a thing or two about winning when your supposed to win.
I swear to god in that semi final he could have cart wheeled across the line and still finished 1st

Who's the bigger freak- Bolt or Phelps?

Bolt is the greatest sprinter I have ever seen. I remember how dominant Michael Johnson was but I put Bolt slightly ahead of him.

Bolt is the greatest sprinter I have ever seen. I remember how dominant Michael Johnson was but I put Bolt slightly ahead of him.

Speaking of Johnson, his 400m record got knocked off this morning. I used to love watching him run. Such a beauitful running technique.

Speaking of Johnson, his 400m record got knocked off this morning. I used to love watching him run. Such a beauitful running technique.

Yeah I saw that. Did that South African dude come from nowhere? Breaking that record from lane 8, in light of the scandals around athletes this Olympics, makes one skeptical unfortunately.

Yeah I saw that. Did that South African dude come from nowhere? Breaking that record from lane 8, in light of the scandals around athletes this Olympics, makes one skeptical unfortunately.

He was/is the best in the world, just had a couple of average races in the heats. He was spoken about before the Olympics as a chance to break the record.

Nah he is fully legit. Was one of the favourites going to Rio.

If Bolt wins the 200m (the relay is already in the bag, only way Jamaica are losing is if they **** it up themselves), then he certainly has a case to rival Phelps

How does Bolt rank alongside the greats of athletics? I know he is one but I would love to see his record alongside Carl Lewis etc.

Broncoman said:
How does Bolt rank alongside the greats of athletics? I know he is one but I would love to see his record alongside Carl Lewis etc.

Well Lewis was almost certainly a drug cheat, so I'd put Bolt ahead.

Bolt is obviously faster, although I believe Lewis also won other events. Long jump?

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw Michael Johnson run live. It was something else, literally breath taking. Seriously, if you ever get a chance to see the elite sprinters live you need to do it! Even seeing the guys at the Comm games would be something else - especially if that british guy shows up. It puts into perspective how fast they actually run, one thing on TV a completely other thing Live.

Serbia are slaying us in the basketball.

Shouldn't be too far from the Aussie commentators blowing wind up the ass of the players. So proud, they're Olympians, no one is a loser and all that shit they do when they get beaten.

The Olympics. The only competition where losing is cool, apparently.

God, reading the Facebook comments about how proud they are of the Boomers is embarrassing. They played shit, and looked totally unprepared. It's such a soft, "no such thing as failure" mentality that has us performing so poorly as it is. No mental steel. The fact they are Olympians shouldn't mean they be coasting on reputation, the fact they are Olympians mean they should be doing their absolute best! This Olympics has just annoyed me.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.