2016 Rookie Of The Year

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
The 2016 NRL season saw a bunch of rookies emerge as genuine stars of the future. Fullbacks, wingers, halves and forwards, these young players not only stepped up, they outperformed a host of established stars to stamp their mark on the game for years to come.
Previous winners include Jack Bird, Luke Brooks, George Burgess and Adam Reynolds. On Wednesday, one of the following rookies will be named the Rookie of the Year for 2016.
Who are you tipping to win?

1. Ashley Taylor

2. Bevan French

3. Suliasi Vunivalu

4. Tevita Pangai JNR

5. Cody Walker

6. James Fisher-Harris

7. Connor Watson

8. Mitchell Barnett

9. Kerrod Holland

10. Josh Aloiai

11. Latrell Mitchell

12. Te Maire Martin

13. Daniel Saifiti

14. Jacob Saifiti

15. Leivaha Pulu

16. Nathan Cleary

17. Josh Addo-carr

18. Coenn Hess

19. Jazz Tevega

20. Javid Bowen

Really spoiled for choice. Either Cleary, Mitchell, Vunivalu, French or Taylor could win it and I wouldn't complain.

Nathan Clearly is with Ashley Taylor in first place for mine, he was a revelation for Penrith this year. Both future halfbacks for NSW and QLD.

Yep between Taylor and Cleary for mine. I'd probably go with Cleary simply because he was playing with a makeshift five-eighth most of the year and did phenomenally well. Him and Martin are a scary combo looking into 2017, as are Taylor-Elgey. I don't really mind either way to be honest.

Cleary for mine, but Taylor played a lot more games so he'd probably win.

Cleary, Taylor, Vunivaalu are probably the only choices. Doubtful the big V will get it up against two debutant halves.

Walker for me. Best player for Souths this year in an ordinary season for them, which hurts his chances/ recognition along with being an old rookie as well.

Taylor was very good. Cleary also, but I'd pick Walker every time still

I would pick either Cleary or Taylor

I would give Taylor the edge over Cleary just, as he was thrown into a team that was in a bit of a mess, played more games and he has played injured most of the season. Cleary didnt have quite as many obstacles to overcome, but i think he has been quite brilliant.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Socnorb
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.