RUMOUR 2017, Jersey and Sponsor discussion

lol who cares. It's a jersey of a cartoon character. I hate the idea and would rather we just wore our normal one.

Yeah of course that is all true but Flash is just so effeminate, not really promoting a strong image.

But any business worth their weight in gold, and especially one as big as Marvel or DC would make sure that their merchandise company (which in this case is ISC serving I that capacity) sign a clause in their contract that they will not cross-promote a rival, particularly their biggest one. This is the reason why in many cafes or restaurants, etc only have Pepsi or Coke available, not both.

Unless of course your club owner is Russell Crowe.

I don't think that would be much of an issue.

Considering the 2014 Man of Steel jersey wasn't the only one ISC made and promoted.

I don't think that would be much of an issue.

Considering the 2014 Man of Steel jersey wasn't the only one ISC made and promoted.

Really? I didn't know that. Who else have they done?

Really? I didn't know that. Who else have they done?

Batman. They made a Batman vs Superman one this year.

I think if Marvel had such an issue with them cross-promoting DC, they wouldn't allow them to continue making jerseys promoting DC movies and characters.

Edit: Sorry, last year. Keep forgetting it's 2017.

Last edited:
Batman. They made a Batman vs Superman one this year.

I think if Marvel had such an issue with them cross-promoting DC, they wouldn't allow them to continue making jerseys promoting DC movies and characters.

The difference is that none of these DC jerseys appeared during the "Marvel Superhero" round, anything outside of that would be fair game I assume.

So unless we're going to make some random one-off DC jersey outside of the Superhero round, we ain't getting a DC one.

Just got my jersey in the mail. I love it.

It's a perfect fit. It's not tight anywhere and it's even a little longer so I won't have to worry about any exposed gut or butt crack when it shrinks a little.

I always had that problem with Nike, so I always had to order a size up but I didn't need to with the new jersey.

And with the collar the way it is now, it doesn't feel like it's choking me.

14937239_1301737929861199_4446461790375589785_n.jpg

Word up. Just got mine and second all of this.

The fabric is better, the cut is better, design and colours look boss. Very happy. It's up there with the 2015 heritage.

Gonna have to start saving my money.

I do want a superhero jersey, but I also really want the Anzac jersey and if I get one, I would have to get my dad one as well. He used to be in the army so this jersey would be a perfect fathers day present.

Gonna have to start saving my money.

I do want a superhero jersey, but I also really want the Anzac jersey and if I get one, I would have to get my dad one as well. He used to be in the army so this jersey would be a perfect fathers day present.

You're a good fella, Freaky.

I do hope we get a solid choice for the superhero jersey. Folks have mentioned Deadpool and Wolverine.

Ordinarily both would be fine choices but they have each been worn by Manly previously. Ew.

Does anyone know if proceeds from Anzac jerseys go to a veteran charity or fund? I'm of two minds about one. On one hand I do like the recognition to our military /history (and the design is solid) but it seems a little off if it's a one off purely driven by profit for the club.

That teal part of the new training outfit reminds me of that horrible jersey from 2002 we would wear.

0c010a5450d88976de4ec2ce2d2ff339

Would Dr Strange fit in with us some how? Or Star Lord from GOTG?

Would Dr Strange fit in with us some how? Or Star Lord from GOTG?

I doubt it.

Dr Strange is primarily blue.

The only part of his costume that even comes close to matching our colours is the cape.

I doubt it.

Dr Strange is primarily blue.

The only part of his costume that even comes close to matching our colours is the cape.

You could argue the cape is a big part of his image, but even so, I hope not. **** you Brenkadirk Crumplesnitch. Asshole.

I like GoG but it's not really a solid superhero brand. Despite it being a pretty cool IP, I'd want a premier A Class superhero personally.

For the record, yes I'm a grouch, and, no, I'll likely not be satisfied whatever we get. So sue me.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.