RUMOUR 2017, Jersey and Sponsor discussion

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Slightly off topic, but just want to mention how appalling the Dragons home jersey for next year is (at the very least, the replicas - the player issued versions remain to be seen). It's possibly the worst jersey I've ever seen due to how wonky and incompetently-drawn the red V looks.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I want the ANZAC jersey. Hopefully they release it before christmas

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
The Nines jersey is out. It's very .... Kiwi.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1612Slider-Nines-Jersey.jpg

:lol:

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I get that it's a different competition, but why do teams go so left field with their jersey. You're still playing for the Brisbane Broncos, why not use the team colours?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
We'll get plenty of support from drunken kiwis for the Auckland Broncos.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
A very strange jersey. I understand the idea behind the teal throwback, but the colour tone is way different to the point it looks nothing like the original. And what is with the Maori design? I get that the weekend is in Auckland, but that doesn't make us a Maori team. We are still the BRISBANE Broncos, not the NZ Broncos.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
A very strange jersey. I understand the idea behind the teal throwback, but the colour tone is way different to the point it looks nothing like the original. And what is with the Maori design? I get that the weekend is in Auckland, but that doesn't make us a Maori team. We are still the BRISBANE Broncos, not the NZ Broncos.

I'm Maori and a Broncos fan and I'm quite taken by it. Yes I realise I may be somewhat of a minority on both counts lol.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
They should have just made it with a white background, or the light grey that our new away jersey uses. That weird green colour has nothing to do with the Broncos.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Sounds like Alex and Jordy had a hand in designing it. Hence the the extra Maori-ness. No doubt we'll wear it again for the NZ game over Origin too

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I'm Maori and a Broncos fan and I'm quite taken by it. Yes I realise I may be somewhat of a minority on both counts lol.

I'm genuinely glad you like it! It sounds like it is more aimed at you than me, so if you as a Maori like it, I guess mission accomplished!

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
I'm genuinely glad you like it! It sounds like it is more aimed at you than me, so if you as a Maori like it, I guess mission accomplished!

I spose... I'd probably prefer something stylish that the majority liked instead tbh!

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
It looks more like a chalky pale blue than mint, which makes absolutely no sense. The picture released earlier was obviously teal. Do you think they changed it because of the small negative response that it caused?
392B9DC5-D095-65EC-D805EECD3B116E8D1000x1000-Nines-Glenn-Front.jpg

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If the jersey was in Broncos colours, I would actually really like it.

I like the design of it, but I hate the fucking colour.

There is probably a reason why they went with that colour, but it's still shit.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BooKhaki
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.