2017 Line-Ups

Those are called variables, and they rarely affect season averages, hence why they were the statistics I used when I compared Wallace to Lillyman, unless of course you're saying that Lillyman only averages 50 extra metres per game in 15 less minutes because the Warriors play worse oppositions every week and Lillyman regularly gets intercepts...

I don't agree with the incumbent logic either, but guess what, we've won 10 of the last 11 series and it's not going to change any time soon, so I'm not sure why journalists waste their time writing articles about these forwards who "would do a good job for Queensland", none of them are any chance of selection unless there's a plethora of injuries.

Also, I'm not sure I'd be bragging about watching more than 5-6 games a week, you may need some other hobbies or social activities :p

Grow up please, your unoriginal jokes aren't funny.
Stats don't prove everything and you do need another argument.

There's a reason people are caring less and less about Origin. I personally don't enjoy it because I dislike half of the players in the team. Myles doesn't deserve his spot. He has been woeful at Manly and the Titans. Other players don't deserve spots either.

I work from home and I have plenty of hobbies. None of which include waiting for stats to come out so I can use someone elses work to justify my shitty opinions.

Stats don't prove everything and you do need another argument.

I know you hate losing arguments, but I've literally explained several times that I'm not using the stats as my argument, I'm using them to reinforce my argument.

There's a reason people are caring less and less about Origin. I personally don't enjoy it because I dislike half of the players in the team. Myles doesn't deserve his spot. He has been woeful at Manly and the Titans. Other players don't deserve spots either.

Well that's just not true, the fan base and numbers for Origin are bigger than they've ever been and are constantly growing and expanding, do you have some stats to reinforce that opinion? :nerrrrrrrd:

I work from home and I have plenty of hobbies. None of which include waiting for stats to come out so I can use someone elses work to justify my shitty opinions.

You seem to think that getting these stats is monumental effort, it's literally a bookmark in my web browser, I click it and it shows me everyone's season averages as well as their week by week performances. I know it's cutting edge technology, but it takes me less than 30 seconds to acquire them and it's pertinent information in most debates / discussions I have on this forum.

Also I'm not sure you can call anyone else's opinion shitty, you haven't had a relevant post in months, stick to sarcasm.

I know you hate losing arguments, but I've literally explained several times that I'm not using the stats as my argument, I'm using them to reinforce my argument.

Well that's just not true, the fan base and numbers for Origin are bigger than they've ever been and are constantly growing and expanding, do you have some stats to reinforce that opinion? :nerrrrrrrd:

You seem to think that getting these stats is monumental effort, it's literally a bookmark in my web browser, I click it and it shows me everyone's season averages as well as their week by week performances. I know it's cutting edge technology, but it takes me less than 30 seconds to acquire them and it's pertinent information in most debates / discussions I have on this forum.

Also I'm not sure you can call anyone else's opinion shitty, you haven't had a relevant post in months, stick to sarcasm.
When you just post stats to argue you are using the stats as your argument and you do it for every argument. I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on things but it seems that you don't have your own opinions.

People are speaking out more about how they're over Origin. Numbers are bigger because it's being promoted to non-league fans more. I base my opinions and arguments on what I see and hear.

If my posts haven't been relevant for months and I'm just copying what you did last year then what does it say about you? It seems like the Witch Hunters don't appreciate when the same shit they pulled is turned around and used on them.

Wallace has been the Titans best forward so far and one of the few redeeming stories coming out of the Gold Coast so far. If he can have a big game against his former club tomorrow night he could be in with every opportunity. Last season, I didn't even have him in the conversation, so far this year I believe he's as good a shot as Napa & Sims.

With that said, the Maroons have a good dynamic and they shouldn't change it up. Hate to break it to you Cult, but Myles has never been great at club. Even when he got his gig, it was based on a gut feel by the selectors and he's become one of the greatest forwards in Origin history. Of the three props chosen, I don't have an issue with either of them, it's Napa that's the obvious eyesore.

I'm curious @Cult3, what would your Queensland and NSW 17s look like?

Who was it that said they would never post again on this board if Wallace got selected for origin?

I hope it happens. Not that I care/dont care for the poster, but it would be fucking funny and a great comeuppance.

Found it!
If Jarrod Wallace starts for Queensland at any point I will delete my BHQ account, never to be seen or heard from again.
If Jarrod Wallace starts for Queensland at any point I will delete my BHQ account, never to be seen or heard from again.

so that's why you're so against him being selected lolololol

@Unbreakable should be safe ... because even if he gets selected, i doubt he actually starts

Wallace has been the best forward for the Titans, I'd agree with that, but that's not saying much really, their forward pack is a joke when Ryan James isn't playing his best.

For perspective -

Ese'ese - 208 minutes, 74 runs, 684 metres
Wallace - 373 minutes, 82 runs, 718 metres

@Unbreakable should be safe ... because even if he gets selected, i doubt he actually starts

Unless...

If Jarrod Wallace plays for Queensland at any point I will delete my BHQ account, never to be seen or heard from again.

Wallace has been the best forward for the Titans, I'd agree with that, but that's not saying much really, their forward pack is a joke when Ryan James isn't playing his best.

For perspective -

Tackle counts are a bit different
Wallace has been decent for the titans this year. He has stepped it up

For perspective -

Herman is playing well, but Rugby League isn't entirely about what you do with the football. I also don't know what you're trying to achieve by comparing a New Zealand hopeful to a Queensland one but anyway...

Wallace 221 Tackles, 13 Missed.
Ese'ese 114 Tackles, 6 Missed.

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the comparison is, so let's look at his actual competition.

Wallace - 373 minutes, 82 runs, 718m, 221 Tackles, 13 Missed.
Napa - 240 Minutes, 69 Runs, 555m, 110 Tackles, 18 Missed.
Sims - 234 Minutes, 55 Runs, 499m, 132 Tackles, 6 Missed.

For perspective, Jarrod seems to be doing quite well in a team where he's receiving little support and hasn't had a proper dummy half feeding him good ball and has had to shoulder a heavy load in defence.

I know Myles hasn't been great at club footy, but he has certainly gotten worse over the last few years.
Off the top of my head so it's probably not perfect
QLD
1 Darius Boyd
2 Valentine Holmes
3 Will Chambers
4 Dane Gagai
5 Corey Oates (Still better than Feldt but would be the first to lose his spot if Slater steps up in the next few weeks)
6 Jonathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Josh Papalii
9 Cameron Smith
10 Dylan Napa (His form is down this year but he's streets ahead of Myles)
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Matt Gillett
13 Josh McGuire
14 Anthony Milford (Off the bench I think he would do more than Morgan)
15 Coen Hess (Has easily earned a look in)
16 Gavin Cooper
17 Korbin Sims (Has been better than Guerra, although Lillyman could be a better choice at this point)
The rest of the squad could be- Guerra, Hunt, Lillyman, Lowe, McCullough, Myles and Norman. Of course if Slater kills it over the next few weeks it would look very different.

NSW
1 James Tedesco
2 Brett Morris
3 BJ Leilua
4 Jack Bird
5 Blake Ferguson (When is Mansour back?)
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce (Is there anyone else?)
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Nathan Peats
10 Aaron Woods (Only because I doubt they'd drop him. More average than Josh Jackson)
11 Tyson Frizell
12 Boyd Cordner
13 Jake Turbobitch (Could be him or Merrin but neither make the bench because they'd have no impact)
14 Wade Graham
15 David Klemmer
16 Tyrone Peachey
17 James Tamou
18-24- Jackson, James, Lewis (I'd have him in there somewhere) Moylan, Farah?, Reynolds and James Roberts.
I don't think it's possible to name a NSW team that would beat QLD.

So after all that @Cult3 doesn't even have Wallace in his entire 24 man squad, good lord, what are we arguing about.

Also @Big Pete I just used Herman as an example as one of many people doing his job better (Defence is nice, but let's be real, props primary jobs are to get their team to the other end of the park)

Wallace probably is playing better than Napa and Sims, but once again, Queensland doesn't work that way, Napa has been close for a couple of years, he's next in line, he'll be there 10000% regardless of his form. If we were picking a QLD 17 based off club form we'd probably have about 8 different players to the one that'll be named.

are you still honouring your bet unbreakable? this, to me, is the real question

So after all that @Cult3 doesn't even have Wallace in his entire 24 man squad, good lord, what are we arguing about.

Also @Big Pete I just used Herman as an example as one of many people doing his job better (Defence is nice, but let's be real, props primary jobs are to get their team to the other end of the park)

Wallace probably is playing better than Napa and Sims, but once again, Queensland doesn't work that way, Napa has been close for a couple of years, he's next in line, he'll be there 10000% regardless of his form. If we were picking a QLD 17 based off club form we'd probably have about 8 different players to the one that'll be named.
For someone whose favourite past time involves whinging about people not reading your whole post you surely are a giant hypocrite.

He has been better than his stats show but I wouldn't have him play for QLD unless there's a few more injuries. But if players like Myles, Morgan and Guerra can make the team this year then so can he. Your infatuation with stats is getting ridiculous though. Do you watch the games every week?

I don't think Wallace should play

Unbreakable said:

Actually it's to control the middle and if you're a glass cannon you're not going to last long at the top level.

I wouldn't be so confident in Napa. While I'm sure he's got the inside running, until he returns from his ankle injury, that spot is well and truly up for grabs and a lot has happened since he was named 18th man.

If Slater comes good I'd have this
1 Boyd
2 Slater
3 Chambers
4 Gagai
5 Holmes
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Papalii
9 Smith
10 McGuire
11 Thaiday
12 Gillett
13 Cooper
14 Milford
15 Oates
16 Hess
17 Napa

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • kiwi2
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mustafur
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.