2017 Line-Ups

Morgan can't be 6 lol, he's really not a good half in his own right, even though I'm half expecting him to be chosen there...

I think Hunt should get a go. That being said, I hope they choose Morgan, the less Broncos players picked the better, stop ruining our fucking season with origin.

Slater doesn't deserve to start at fullback over Boyd (I know he still will be). I don't think Slater has had one good game since coming back. He looks to have lost a yard of pace to me.

Slater doesn't deserve to start at fullback over Boyd (I know he still will be). I don't think Slater has had one good game since coming back. He looks to have lost a yard of pace to me.

Not if you believe the experts. I swear he sneezed on the field and they called it a miracle play....

MAROONS enforcer Josh McGuire has backed former teammate Jarrod Wallace to clinch his first Queensland jersey, despite the Titans prop becoming the forgotten man of the forward contenders.
McGuire will come up against his good friend and former Bronco Wallace for the first time ever Friday night, when Brisbane host the Gold Coast in a derby clash at Suncorp Stadium.
It’s been a tough start to the year for the injury-ravaged Titans, but McGuire believes Wallace has been one of their best players through that time — so good in fact, that the Broncos lock says Wallace is ready for a Queensland debut.
No mental demons for Moga
With veteran forwards Matt Scott (knee) and Corey Parker (retirement) gone for the Maroons in 2017 — and potential debutant Dylan Napa (ankle) in doubt — the names of Coen Hess, Ethan Lowe and Korbin Sims have been continually thrown around to make their debuts.

Wallace’s form appears to have slipped through the cracks for critics and fans but McGuire is adamant the prop deserves to be mentioned alongside those names.
He said while others may be leaving Wallace out of their Queensland 17, the Maroons selectors won’t forget him.
“Jarrod wouldn’t look out of place in a Maroons jersey,” McGuire said.
“The results haven’t gone (Gold Coast’s) way but the good thing about us is that the guys in charge in Kevvy Walters and Darren Lockyer, they know when someone is playing good footy.

“Win or lose, the results don’t matter if you’re playing well and doing your job.
“I’m sure they’ll pick the best team possible and if Jarrod is included in that 17, I’ll be very happy.
“There’s a lot of people pushing for these jerseys but if his name got read out, I’d be one of the happiest for him.”
Wallace has been in fine form since joining the Titans this year, averaging 110m a game, which is the best of any Gold Coast forward.

McGuire joked that he doesn’t want to come up against Wallace too much on Friday night because of his consistent form and he definitely expects the former Bronco to be fired up.
“He’ll be ready to come up here and put on a good display,” McGuire said.
“Obviously they haven’t been winning but he’s been one of their standouts this year. He’s been playing at a consistent level.
“He’s a good bloke, a good team man. I loved playing with him.
“I’m looking forward to the opportunity to play him. I’ve never played against him before so it’s something different.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/476fd3ec9833d5eb8ccd92ea6e97e783

Is Wallace playing well though?..

Last game 10 runs for 89 metres, game before that 13 runs for 107 metres.. meh.. I'd still have several guys ahead of him, including Lillyman who is still playing decent footy and has lifted big time for Queensland before.

8. Myles
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Guerra / Hess / Cooper
16. Papalii
17. Lillyman

What I'm expecting.

Well, I've watched him a bit and his form is good without being spectacular. That's enough for Qld...we aren't nsw and we know our guys get the job done irrespective of club footy.

Is Wallace playing well though?..

Last game 10 runs for 89 metres, game before that 13 runs for 107 metres.. meh.. I'd still have several guys ahead of him, including Lillyman who is still playing decent footy and has lifted big time for Queensland before.

8. Myles
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Guerra / Hess / Cooper
16. Papalii
17. Lillyman

What I'm expecting.
He has been better than his stats show but I wouldn't have him play for QLD unless there's a few more injuries. But if players like Myles, Morgan and Guerra can make the team this year then so can he. Your infatuation with stats is getting ridiculous though. Do you watch the games every week?

He has been better than his stats show but I wouldn't have him play for QLD unless there's a few more injuries. But if players like Myles, Morgan and Guerra can make the team this year then so can he. Your infatuation with stats is getting ridiculous though. Do you watch the games every week?

It's QLD, guys like Myles, Morgan & Guerra will make the team because they're the incumbents.

And yes I watch a lot of games, probably more than you, why do you ask? Just because I use stats to support my arguments doesn't mean they're my only basis for having said argument, they're simply to strengthen my initial prognosis from watching the player.

For example, upon reading the above article I thought to myself "From what I've seen Wallace hasn't really improved the Titans at all and seems to be the same player as last season, I think Lillyman has been better". I then checked the stats, which backed me up. Wallace is averaging 119 metres per game, Lillyman is averaging 154, in 15 less minutes on average.

It's QLD, guys like Myles, Morgan & Guerra will make the team because they're the incumbents.

And yes I watch a lot of games, probably more than you, why do you ask? Just because I use stats to support my arguments doesn't mean they're my only basis for having said argument, they're simply to strengthen my initial prognosis from watching the player.

For example, upon reading the above article I thought to myself "From what I've seen Wallace hasn't really improved the Titans at all and seems to be the same player as last season, I think Lillyman has been better". I then checked the stats, which backed me up. Wallace is averaging 119 metres per game, Lillyman is averaging 154, in 15 less minutes on average.
Stats are your only argument ever. Also I'm curious as to how many games you watch? I am almost 100% sure that stats are just made up randomly this year. You can tell by the massive disparity between different stats websites.

Stats are your only argument ever. Also I'm curious as to how many games you watch? I am almost 100% sure that stats are just made up randomly this year. You can tell by the massive disparity between different stats websites.

Stats don't lie, technically I don't really need another argument, but as I said, that's not what I base my opinions on (I can understand why you would think that, it's pretty rare that people actually support their opinions with facts on here) I've watched of the Titans this year he hasn't impressed me enough to really warrant displacing Myles or Lillyman who constantly step up when required, maybe if there's another 2 injuries Wallace will be worth mentioning.

In regards to how many games I watch, a usual week would be 5 or 6 games, occasionally more/less depending on what I'm doing.

Stats don't lie, technically I don't really need another argument, but as I said, that's not what I base my opinions on (I can understand why you would think that, it's pretty rare that people actually support their opinions with facts on here) I've watched of the Titans this year he hasn't impressed me enough to really warrant displacing Myles or Lillyman who constantly step up when required, maybe if there's another 2 injuries Wallace will be worth mentioning.

In regards to how many games I watch, a usual week would be 5 or 6 games, occasionally more/less depending on what I'm doing.
Stats don't lie but they don't tell the full story

Stats have their place but if you look purely at Moga's running stats from last week, you'd think he had one of the best centre performances this year. Anyone who watched that game (except maybe @Kyall as he is Moga's cheer leader) however would know the reality was otherwise.

I really wish people could read, my entire post was to get the point across that whilst I use stats regularly, I primarily base my opinions and arguments off gut feeling from watch the players week in and week out.

I really wish people could read, my entire post was to get the point across that whilst I use stats regularly, I primarily base my opinions and arguments off gut feeling from watch the players week in and week out.
I just saw your first sentence, and said my opinion on stats not criticizing you

Stats do lie though. Like someone said the other day if a prop takes an intercept and runs thirty metres and gets tackles it makes him look far better. Playing a team like the Broncos who sit back and wait for players to run ten metres before attempting a tackle buffers player stats as well. Then there's teams like the Roosters who played terrible teams for the first five games and their stats were through the roof. Stats are not the be all end all of a discussion. Lets not act like you have always supported your opinion with facts either haha.

I don't think Wallace should play, but I also don't think a player like Myles or Morgan should either. Their form from 5 years ago should not mean he gets to keep a friggin Queensland jersey. I absolutely despise this incumbent bullshit. Players need to earn their rep spots by playing well now, not 5 years ago.

You don't watch more games than me either.

Like Milf being 872kg overweight with ball in hand and running sideways? :biggrin:

Stats do lie though. Like someone said the other day if a prop takes an intercept and runs thirty metres and gets tackles it makes him look far better. Playing a team like the Broncos who sit back and wait for players to run ten metres before attempting a tackle buffers player stats as well. Then there's teams like the Roosters who played terrible teams for the first five games and their stats were through the roof. Stats are not the be all end all of a discussion. Lets not act like you have always supported your opinion with facts either haha.

I don't think Wallace should play, but I also don't think a player like Myles or Morgan should either. Their form from 5 years ago should not mean he gets to keep a friggin Queensland jersey. I absolutely despise this incumbent bullshit. Players need to earn their rep spots by playing well now, not 5 years ago.

You don't watch more games than me either.

Those are called variables, and they rarely affect season averages, hence why they were the statistics I used when I compared Wallace to Lillyman, unless of course you're saying that Lillyman only averages 50 extra metres per game in 15 less minutes because the Warriors play worse oppositions every week and Lillyman regularly gets intercepts...

I don't agree with the incumbent logic either, but guess what, we've won 10 of the last 11 series and it's not going to change any time soon, so I'm not sure why journalists waste their time writing articles about these forwards who "would do a good job for Queensland", none of them are any chance of selection unless there's a plethora of injuries.

Also, I'm not sure I'd be bragging about watching more than 5-6 games a week, you may need some other hobbies or social activities :P
Like Milf being 872kg overweight with ball in hand and running sideways? :biggrin:

Grow up please, your unoriginal jokes aren't funny.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • kman
  • Fozz
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.