14. Jack Bird
15. Tyson Frizell
16. David Klemmer
17. Andrew Fifita

No Maloney?

No Maloney?

Maloney - 6 games - 2 wins, 4 losses, 33% win rate
Pearce - 15 games - 4 wins, 11 losses, 27% win rate

Neither of them has cemented a spot in the team, I imagine NSW will probably just go with Maloney and Reynolds again, but I would argue that Pearce is in career form and is better equipped for origin than Maloney (Pearce is much better defensively), I think he will compliment Reynolds quite well also, would allow Pearce to take on more of a running style of game and not burden him with being forced to control the tempo of the entire game, which is what he's been asked to do in previous years.

Reynolds has to be there, his goal kicking is unmatched, and his in-play kicking is still the best in the comp, or at least in the ballpark of Cronk & JT.

I'd put a red pen through Reynolds' name.

In Origin you need to provide more than one dimension and Reynolds is far too predictable to flourish in that arena. As a premiership winning half, he deserved an opportunity but as he showed last series he struggles to play what's in front of him and he doesn't pass the ball as much as he should.

I know injuries haven't been kind, but he's yet to demonstrate any improvement.

As for Maloney, he'd have to be one of the first picked surely? Great runner and passer of the footy, can sense an opportunity and seems to bring success with him wherever he goes. Hasn't had the best luck in Origin, but if NSW are to turn things around, they have to use Game 3 last year as the impetus.

I'm not sure if I agree but the #7 will come down to Pearce & Moylan.

For our sake I hope you're right, only scenario they beat us is if they pick Pearce & Reynolds and they click. No other combinations worry me in the slightest, Moylan at Halfback would be the funniest thing I've seen, that'll ruin his career in one series.

The Sydney Roosters have this week started a $90,000 conversion therapy for Luke Keary. Laurie Daley says he will be a ready to don the sky blue by the time Game 1 rolls around, partnering with Mitchell Pearce who participated in a similar therapy last year. "Mate, I did it in Thailand last year and I haven't even thought about having sex with any dogs" Pearce said after a Roosters win last weekend. New South Wales player Blake Ferguson has also expressed excitement about searching for a new hooker.

The only way a Pearce/Reynolds combination would beat Queensland is on penalty goals.

Which isn't a good strategy when the ref's seem to favour the home-side.

Revising my earlier team lists...

NSW

1. Tedesco
2. Ferguson
3. Bird
4. Morris / Hayne / Mitchell
5. T. Trbojevic
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Tamou
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Merrin

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. Frizell
17. J. Trbojevic

QLD

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Papalii

14. Morgan
15. Lillyman
16. Lowe
17. Napa

I don't really know what to do with Slater if he is fit and in form. I wouldn't want to shift Oates, and I don't think Boyd deserves to lose his fullback spot. Could Slater or Boyd play right wing?

Unfortunately, if Slater is fit and firing, he will be taking the fullback spot.

Walters won't put him anywhere else.

I think if he does play, I would have him on the wing. It's where he started out.

Or we could drop Morgan and put Slater on the bench and do what QLD did with Hunt and Slater back in 08 which was successful.

Slater looks to be getting back into game fitness. He should be fullback without question , but only if fully fit . Boyd would be fine on the wing or partnering Chambers in the centers.

I think the main selection question for Qld will be whether to pick Myles or not. He has been a great warrior for Qld but IMO he needs to show us more over the next month to warrant selection

Farah is playing himself out of a NSW jersey

He has been average this year.

I think the 2nd row pretty much has to be Gillett and Papalii. They are far and away our 2 best IMO. I'd have Gillett on the left to protect Thurston's replacement.

I really like Hess too. Think his time will come once Thaiday retires though, since they'll never drop Thaiday.

With Hess, I think his form warrants considering selecting him, but for some reason I just really feel like it would backfire on us picking him.

I feel like he would be exposed in Origin and the intensity of the battle would overwhelm him and he would end up hurting us discipline wise.

If JT as expected is out, I still think the selectors will pick Morgan, they love to show loyalty.

I really think it is going to look something like this rightly or wrongly:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Morgan
7. Cronk
8. Papalii
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Guerra

14. Milford
15. McGuire
16. Lillyman
17. Hess

I'd probably pick DCE at this point

If Morgan is selected at 6 for QLD then it might be the last time I care about Origin. Having him in my SVRL team I've watched him closely and his form warrants Q Cup selection, not State of Origin selection. I'd almost be as pissed if Milford gets selected if he is playing like he has been.

If JT as expected is out, I still think the selectors will pick Morgan, they love to show loyalty.

I really think it is going to look something like this rightly or wrongly:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Morgan
7. Cronk
8. Papalii
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Guerra

14. Milford
15. McGuire
16. Lillyman
17. Hess

Surely McGuire starting over Guerra.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.