2017 Line-Ups

I'll worry about NSW more the day they get some big game origin players. We are still stacked with them. Scott, Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Thurston, Boyd. This new lot from NSW still have it all to prove. Look at this year. Could you imagine any NSW player doing what Cronk did in chasing down Tedesco. Speed wise, Tedesco should have had him all ends up, yet Cooper found a way to bring him down. Thats the kind of play the cockroaches need to develop in their game, and i just dont see it.

NSW Blues coach Laurie Daley and his Origin adviser Peter Sterling have unveiled the Emerging Blues squad for 2017.

A 13-man squad, a smaller group than in previous years, will assemble in January ahead of the 2017 season.

Daley said the squad was an impressive one, possessing players who will each likely challenge for Blues spots in the upcoming Origin series.

“The Emerging Blues squad is an exciting group full of talented players,” Daley said.

“Each of the players has a realistic chance of making the Origin team for 2017 and we look forward to working with them and learning more about them during our camp in January.”

2017 Emerging NSW Blues Squad

Shannon Boyd (Canberra Raiders)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Penrith Panthers)
Bryce Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Ryan James (Gold Coast Titans)
Joey Leilua (Canberra Raiders)
Jordan McLean (Melbourne Storm)
Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)
Junior Paulo (Canberra Raiders)
Nathan Peats (Gold Coast Titans)
James Roberts (Brisbane Broncos)
Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

That's almost a Channel 9 All-Stars team

Yep.

Swap McLean for Moses and you're set.

I really hope NSW don't throw Latrell Mitchell in the deep end and hinder his development.

He is going to be a special talent in the near future and I would love to see him play in the Origin arena when he is ready.

But I can definitely see NSW throwing him in before he is ready and destroying his confidence.

It's great that Cleary is there. If he builds on what he has already done it's scary to think how good he can be.

It's great that Cleary is there. If he builds on what he has already done it's scary to think how good he can be.

Hopefully he is not another half that NSW end up ruining.

I think Cleary is future Origin material. But he needs to be playing for a few years before they select him.

Last edited:
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Fergusen
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Tamou
11. Jackson
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Moylan
15. Klemmer
16. Boyd
17. Fifita

I reckon NSW will go something like that next year.

Hopefully he is not another half that NSW end up ruining.

I think Cleary is future Origin material. But he needs to be playing for a few years before they select him.

I would still give him at least 1 full year of first grade before he gets considered. I can see that doing wonders for him. I can see him transitioning into Origin well after that. If he continues on his way he is going to be a special player.

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Fergusen
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Tamou
11. Jackson
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. Moylan
15. Klemmer
16. Boyd
17. Fifita

I reckon NSW will go something like that next year.

Hayne would be a lock for NSW
Cleary I reckon is the prime candidate for second year syndrome. The Panthers are going to have huge expectations put on them for next year.

Haha I completely forgot Hayne.

Queensland without Inglis. I'm assuming Slater won't be fit.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. O'Neill
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. McGuire
11. Papalli
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Cooper
17. Guerra

If Slater is fit he'll go to fullback with O'Neill drops out with Gagai into the centres. Milford could be a chance if Morgan is injured or overlooked. Myles is the man to make way for one of the bench players. I've chosen McGuire, but could easily be Napa who's come in for Myles to start with McGuire going to the bench.

I wouldn't have O'Neill personally. This would be my team..

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Chambers
5. Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Napa
17. Sims

The aggression coming off the bench in this team would be untouchable, NSW would be scared as ****.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. O'Neill
4. Chambers
5. Gagai / Holmes
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Myles
9. Smith (c)
10. McQuire / Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Papalli
13. Gillett

14. Morgan / Milford
15. Lillyman
16. McQuire / Napa
17. Hess

Kevin has said Korbin Sims is in the frame too.

Morris and Smith finished up as selectors of the Queensland team.

Miles (Chairman)
Walters
Lockyer

Walters said on 7 news tonight he's looking at 5 possible debutants this year -

Valentine Holmes
Dylan Napa
Anthony Milford
Korbin Sims
Coen Hess

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.