2017 Line-Ups

Peats should have been there regardless.

Peats should have been there regardless.

I was with you until last nights game Pete, Peats was beaten way too easily too many times. NSW are in a quandary with the 9 selection. It seems as though have gone cold on Farah and were opting for Wallace because they are too scared too debut an unknown quantity.

1 Boyd
2 Oates
3 Chambers
4 Gagai
5 Holmes
6 Thurston / Milford
7 Cronk
8 Wallace
9 Smith
10 McGuire
11 Papalii
12 Gillette
13 Lowe
14 Milford / Morgan
15 Napa
16 Hess
17 Thaiday
Just about the perfect side, though I don't think Lowe is a chance

I was with you until last nights game Pete, Peats was beaten way too easily too many times. NSW are in a quandary with the 9 selection. It seems as though have gone cold on Farah and were opting for Wallace because they are too scared too debut an unknown quantity.

I get the impression that Wallace was ahead of Peats, but even after last night's flat performance my preference would be for Nathan who seems to pose more of a threat and summing up the situation.

As good as Wallace is, he's never been great at making decisions. I'd imagine going to Subway with him would be a nightmare.

Dobbo's Origin report.

Oates and J. Wallace in.

Myles to be named regardless.

No DCE.

So Dobbo knows intricate details on the team list but doesn't know if Walters is planning on picking Slater yet? Interesting. To me that indicates Slater may not be picked.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai

Would fit the "loyalty" paradigm.

Edit: Alternatively O'Neill misses out and the back line is like..

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates

So Dobbo knows intricate details on the team list but doesn't know if Walters is planning on picking Slater yet? Interesting. To me that indicates Slater may not be picked.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai

Would fit the "loyalty" paradigm.

Edit: Alternatively O'Neill misses out and the back line is like..

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates

Like the Loyalty backs. If Slater can be trusted to defend on the wing would it be worthwhile to start Boyd at back for his defensive organisation and give Slater a roaming commission in attack and then move Slater to fullback toward end of each half when forwards get tired? Or just upset structure too much?

Slater is the superior traditional fullback but Boyd has defensive organisation (except chasing the frickin grubber) and that out the back pass in his favour. Plus Slater is getting on so might be better to use in short spurts at origin pace.

Looks like I might be right, there's no room for Slater if this is true and Dobbo is correct about Oates, because Chambers & Gagai aren't missing out.

We're relying on Dobbo for any news now? :whatwouldjareddo:

We're relying on Dobbo for any news now? :whatwouldjareddo:

He's useless when it comes to rumours, but when it comes to confirming squad members and the likes he's usually accurate. He wouldn't claim Oates was 100% in if he wasn't. Especially with the side being named in a little over 12 hours, can't pull the old "things change bro".

I'm warming to Munster if Thurston is not fit. Something about him. Combinations also a bonus

So we're starting to get a picture of what the squad will look like now, presumably 20 man squad with cover required for Thurston & Myles.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Nate Myles
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Dylan Napa
17. Jarrod Wallace

18. Aidan Guerra
19. Cameron Munster / Anthony Milford
20. ?? (Shock squad member)

Lillyman goes like a busted every year for the Warriors and comes in and kills it for QLD. Not sure him starting though. Bloke is loose around the ruck

Whats the chance the "SHOCK" squad member won't be all that much of a shock ...

Especially if they aren't in the 17

Lillyman goes like a busted every year for the Warriors and comes in and kills it for QLD. Not sure him starting though. Bloke is loose around the ruck

Did you just discover the phrase "like a busted"? I swear I've seen you use it at least 4 times this weekend.

Also, he's been excellent for the Warriors this year, similar stats to Jarrod Wallace with the added benefit of having Origin experience, he'll start, especially if Myles is gone.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.