2017 Under 20's

At 10-0 Broncos looked in trouble. They scored their first try with about 25 to go in the first half and then got a bit of momentum but they kept giving it up.

Missed tackles are a huge issue, they missed 50 against the Sharks and then last night it was similar again. But also when they make those missed tackles are frustrating.

Hope was hurt and came off not coming back on. He was playing well again until he got hurt.

Speaking of the Under 20s and our first up opponents...

Cronulla 72 def. Canberra 12

How upset do you think they were after the Corey Allan try?

Haas is going to be an absolute freak when he hits NRL I just hope to god that Bennett doesn't hold him back.

Haas is going to be an absolute freak when he hits NRL I just hope to god that Bennett doesn't hold him back.

Bennett will hold him back as long as he needs to.

He will make sure he is ready before throwing him to the wolves.

Besides ... the 20s is not a good indicator of future success in the NRL, IMO

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett hands Haas his debut as a teenager. He's already completed a few sessions with the NRL squad and considering his lucrative contract it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him play a handful of games next season, if not 2019.

Everybody knows the drill with the 20s. There's some players destined for greater things while there's others just there to fill the numbers. Haas is one of the top prospects at the club and I'd be surprised if he isn't an ISC player by the end of next season. I couldn't imagine him spending that much time in Colts.

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett hands Haas his debut as a teenager. He's already completed a few sessions with the NRL squad and considering his lucrative contract it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him play a handful of games next season, if not 2019.

Everybody knows the drill with the 20s. There's some players destined for greater things while there's others just there to fill the numbers. Haas is one of the top prospects at the club and I'd be surprised if he isn't an ISC player by the end of next season. I couldn't imagine him spending that much time in Colts.

He certainly has shown positives the first two weeks. He was gassed the other night. Definite improvement from the Sharks game. There was a period in the Cowboys' game where he made multiple efforts just before half time. That impressed me.

Haas is very impressive but I refuse to get excited about him until he commits to the Broncos again when his contract expires. He is going to be headhunted by every other NRL club and will be offered ridiculous amounts of money to go elsewhere and we all know the Broncos often can't or won't get into big bidding wars to retain their talent. They had Kalyn Ponga on their books and weren't able to retain him.
The Broncos have to rely on a good club culture and system to keep their good players so I just hope he loves it at at Red Hill and wants to stay.
On another note, I was quite impressed with Eddie Blacker in the under 20s (other than one silly penalty he gave away). He's a big rawboned forward that hits the line and keeps driving with the legs. Also, I think Corey Allen has come ahead in leaps and bounds since last year. He is much bigger and stronger this year and looks dangerous every time he touches the ball. He plays a lot like Darius Boyd the way he glides into the backline and seems to have some ball playing ability.
Despite having a lot of very young players, I think this year's under 20's side is potentially a big improvement on last year's team.

Haas is very impressive but I refuse to get excited about him until he commits to the Broncos again when his contract expires. He is going to be headhunted by every other NRL club and will be offered ridiculous amounts of money to go elsewhere and we all know the Broncos often can't or won't get into big bidding wars to retain their talent. They had Kalyn Ponga on their books and weren't able to retain him.
The Broncos have to rely on a good club culture and system to keep their good players so I just hope he loves it at at Red Hill and wants to stay.
On another note, I was quite impressed with Eddie Blacker in the under 20s (other than one silly penalty he gave away). He's a big rawboned forward that hits the line and keeps driving with the legs. Also, I think Corey Allen has come ahead in leaps and bounds since last year. He is much bigger and stronger this year and looks dangerous every time he touches the ball. He plays a lot like Darius Boyd the way he glides into the backline and seems to have some ball playing ability.
Despite having a lot of very young players, I think this year's under 20's side is potentially a big improvement on last year's team.

i think blacker isnt 18 til the end of the year either (scary for a 17yr old to be where he is), he is gonna be 1 big boy, especially once he settles into a programme in the next few years. i hate putting pressure on young kids but he has nrl written all over him.

BRONCOS NYC SQUAD

1. Corey Allan
2. Herbie Farnworth
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Steven Tatipata
5. David Fauid
6. Julian Christian
7. Gerome Burns
8. Sam Elliott
9. Tristan Hope
10. Payne Haas
11. Keenan Palasia
12. Jaydn Su’A
13. Patrick Carrigan

Interchange:

14. Brent Woolf
15. Brandon Russell
16. Lachlan Lanskey
17. Eddie Blacker

Reserve: Rory Ferguson
Reserve: Clayton Mack
Reserve: Brayden Dee
Reserve: Dray Ngatuere Wroe
Reserve: Joshua Fauid
Reserve: Miti Tuatai

Coach: Scott Tronc

Hope passed fit. Groin injury kept him off last week and it cost them.

Just asked for an update from anyone on Twitter, there doesn't appear to be a single shred of info online about it.

Thanks so much for the update!! Going crazy looking for any little bit of info! Disgraceful how they don't think the U20s are important enough!!!

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.