2017 Under 20's

croft is under lock and key, i also heard that the storm have found 2 more vunivalu's/korobete's on a recent scouting trip to the pacific.

I can't understand why a club as big as the Broncos can't do what the Storm do...

croft is under lock and key, i also heard that the storm have found 2 more vunivalu's/korobete's on a recent scouting trip to the pacific.
Do the Broncos ever do scouting trips to the pacific?

haha, ego and poor judgement. diment was also offered to us apparently but we said no!

All in all I have been quite underwhelmed by the quality of the juniors recruited throughout the life of the Under 20s competition. Considering the scope and pulling power of the Broncos, a lot of our current NRL squad have been bought in from outside the Broncos system and some really quality youngsters have been overlooked and are now playing elsewhere.
We can't sign every rising star but the Broncos have backed the wrong horse on quite a few occasions. I sometimes wonder if we have just signed quantity over quality and hoped the cream would rise to the top.
It never ceases to amaze me how Melbourne (and the Cowboys more recently) have such a good strike rate at finding and developing young players. I've been really concerned about our recruitment for a few years. The wheels have been a bit wobbly since the days of Cyril Connell.

Do the Broncos scout the pacific islands?

All in all I have been quite underwhelmed by the quality of the juniors recruited throughout the life of the Under 20s competition. Considering the scope and pulling power of the Broncos, a lot of our current NRL squad have been bought in from outside the Broncos system and some really quality youngsters have been overlooked and are now playing elsewhere.
We can't sign every rising star but the Broncos have backed the wrong horse on quite a few occasions. I sometimes wonder if we have just signed quantity over quality and hoped the cream would rise to the top.
It never ceases to amaze me how Melbourne (and the Cowboys more recently) have such a good strike rate at finding and developing young players. I've been really concerned about our recruitment for a few years. The wheels have been a bit wobbly since the days of Cyril Connell.

i couldnt agree more on your post, well said. i have been vocal now for a while around this point. i call it the funnel effect, sign as many as we can and see what falls through the bottom.
the 2 head recruiters at the storm and cows leave our dunce's for dead.

i couldnt agree more on your post, well said. i have been vocal now for a while around this point. i call it the funnel effect, sign as many as we can and see what falls through the bottom.
the 2 head recruiters at the storm and cows leave our dunce's for dead.

It is clearly not working and the Broncos need to see what Melbourne are doing and replicate it quick smart.

QUOTE="Danoz Direct, post: 2835747, member: 8457"]It is clearly not working and the Broncos need to see what Melbourne are doing and replicate it quick smart.[/QUOTE]

its not so much about replicating, but more to do with actually being good at your job and actually doing what you are being paid to do. and doing it well. the storm dont sign a 100 juniors, they are very selective and invest time and resources into the players they really want.

It is sad that we couldn't have worked out that that would be the way to go years ago.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BRC088
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.