2017 Under 20's

Gerome Burns with 2 tries and 8 goals (from 8 attempts) for half of our points. I don't get to see the games here in nz at all, does this kid go alright?

Gerome Burns with 2 tries and 8 goals (from 8 attempts) for half of our points. I don't get to see the games here in nz at all, does this kid go alright?

Definitely one of the brighter prospects coming through albeit he's rough around the edges. He got some experience with the seniors last year when he toured with the 9s, so I'd imagine if he sticks around he'll get the full off-season with the boys.

I like what I've seen from him so far, but I'm concerned with his instincts. Last year he used to love running the ball, whether it was the right option or not. In the major leagues that type of play isn't going to be good enough.

The boys had a great game not just in attack but in defence. They really showed what they can do. Also Payne Haas will play in the NRL next year for sure.

The boys had a great game not just in attack but in defence. They really showed what they can do. Also Payne Haas will play in the NRL next year for sure.

Provided he isn't injured, Haas will play round 1.

He is really a step above what you expect. He was helping the Queensland origin team train and was getting big wraps by everyone. He is a real rare talent.

Good enough for NRL yep. Give it a year or three and he will be elite.
He'll only be 18 next season. That's super young for a prop. It's going to be very different for him when battle-hardened 30 year olds are lining up to put the young buck in his place. We shouldn't be pushing him too hard too soon.

He'll only be 18 next season. That's super young for a prop. It's going to be very different for him when battle-hardened 30 year olds are lining up to put the young buck in his place. We shouldn't be pushing him too hard too soon.

Yep that is true but every so often, you just see a young guy who you can see is something very special ala Crichton, Cordner, Hess, etc.

Of course you have the other side of that coin in guys like Taylor, Filiga, etc but something tells me this kid is very well worth the punt, he is not your average 17 year old by any means.

The Broncos didn't sign Payne Haas simply so they could groom him.

He's a genuine first grade prospect and if he continues on his current trajectory, he'll be in the first grade side, guaranteed.

Been lurking for a while so Hello to all. Just wondering am I right in saying Haas qualifies for NSW?

Sucks so much ass that 4 of our most exciting young players come 2018 are all Blues..

Roberts, Bird, Pangai Jr, Haas..

Sucks so much ass that 4 of our most exciting young players come 2018 are all Blues..

Roberts, Bird, Pangai Jr, Haas..
How does that suck? I don't follow. Who cares where they're from. I'll take 17 Blues if it means a premiership.

How does that suck? I don't follow. Who cares where they're from. I'll take 17 Blues if it means a premiership.

I don't care where they're from.

I just don't want to be have to root against them come Origin time, was my point. And I'd much rather them be wearing the Maroon.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.