2017 Under 20's

Upload 2017 7 16 20 3 51

Payne Haas

55 Minutes, 3 tries, 3 Line-Breaks, 12 Tackle Breaks, 4 Offloads, 23 Runs, 219m, 32 Tackles, 1 Missed.

Upload 2017 7 16 20 4 15

Patrick Carrigan

80 Minutes, 24 Runs, 219m, 42 Tackles, 1 Missed, 1 Offload.

Last edited:
I find it strange that some of the most talented players that the 20's have are in the Redcliffe colts and yet they do not get a run. They have two players that would be the fastest in the game and have the ball skills that others would love, yet don,t seem to get a run.

I find it strange that some of the most talented players that the 20's have are in the Redcliffe colts and yet they do not get a run. They have two players that would be the fastest in the game and have the ball skills that others would love, yet don,t seem to get a run.
Obviously the selectors have other ideas. If these guys are as good as you say, then opportunities will arise in the future. There are plenty of good players who don't progress beyond Colts though. Making it to the big show is not easy and nor should it be.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/07/18/staggs_makes_the_shi..html

BRONCOS NYC SQUAD

1. Corey Allan
2. David Fauid
3. Haydyn O’Hara
4. Gehamat Shibasaki
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Josh Fauid
7. Gerome Burns
8. Payne Haas
9. Tyson Smoothy
10. Jai Whitbread
11. Brandon Russell
12. Kotoni Staggs
13. Patrick Carrigan

Interchange:

14. Eddie Blacker
15. Ed Burns
16. Sam Elliott
17. Dray Ngatuere-Wroe
18. Rory Ferguson

Reserve: Tristan Hope
Reserve: Clayton Mack
Reserve: Thane Kellermeyer
Reserve: Trai Fuller
Reserve: Lachlan Barr

Coach: Scott Tronc

Weird to move Staggs into the back row, he isn't a big back as it is.

I wonder why they are moving Staggs from Centre?

KOTONI Staggs will make the move to the forwards for the Broncos under-20s as clever half Josh Fauid returns to the side.
The Broncos are coming off their best performance of the year after they belted top-four side Newcastle 40-12.
Staggs scored a try in his usual position of centre but he will move further in against the Bulldogs on Saturday when he lines up in the second row.

With Josh Fauid returning from a collarbone injury in the halves, coach Scott Tronc has moved Hayden O’Hara out to the centres.
Staggs goes to the back row after Keenan Palasia injured his knee.
“I just need Kotoni out there,” said Tronc.
“With Josh Fauid coming back I can move Hayden O’Hara to the centres – it’s just the logical move for the team.
“Kotoni has played there before, so I don’t think it will worry him.
“That was an important two points against Newcastle and will give us some belief in what we are doing.
“We have to be up to the same standard this weekend and keep building momentum.”

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/07/18/staggs_makes_the_shi..html

He's emulating his uncle David Stagg(s)

Is Regan Baker still part of the Broncos, amazed he is not in the team for his speed and ball skills that kid has. I know he is at Redcliffe.

48-14 from the Twitter account. Good win. Double pumped the dogs.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Redux
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.