2017 Under 20's

i heard today that the titans have pitched a 3yr deal to carrigan. no other details known yet

Seriously, the Gold Coast Broncos could end up being a really good team...but develop your own talent you thieves.

In fairness to the Gold Coast, Arrow, Hipgrave and Wallace all came through the Gold Coast system. Even in the case of Ash Taylor, I believe he played for one of the Gold Coast sides in the Cyril Connell/Mal Meninga Cup sides, albeit he was already contracted to the Brisbane Broncos.

I can't begrudge the Gold Coast Titans. If I was in their position, I'd be swooping in on these players or making bids for players who want to return home (eg. Copley & Vidot).

It also explains why they signed on Craig Hodges as a staff member. He was pivotal in Arrow & Taylor's development as players and I'm sure having him around gives these players extra incentive to come/stay at the club.

And it isn't like the Broncos have stopped pilfering from their junior system. I believe both Tanah Boyd and Payne Haas are from the Gold Coast system so it goes both ways.

Maybe it's my soft spot for the current Titans side and for Neil Henry, but I like a lot of the moves they're making.

In fairness to the Gold Coast, Arrow, Hipgrave and Wallace all came through the Gold Coast system. Even in the case of Ash Taylor, I believe he played for one of the Gold Coast sides in the Cyril Connell/Mal Meninga Cup sides, albeit he was already contracted to the Brisbane Broncos.

I can't begrudge the Gold Coast Titans. If I was in their position, I'd be swooping in on these players or making bids for players who want to return home (eg. Copley & Vidot).

It also explains why they signed on Craig Hodges as a staff member. He was pivotal in Arrow & Taylor's development as players and I'm sure having him around gives these players extra incentive to come/stay at the club.

And it isn't like the Broncos have stopped pilfering from their junior system. I believe both Tanah Boyd and Payne Haas are from the Gold Coast system so it goes both ways.

Maybe it's my soft spot for the current Titans side and for Neil Henry, but I like a lot of the moves they're making.

Sounds like we pilfered a titans fan too ! Eh ? Eh ? .... i don't mind them taking some back but not the good ones . I don't get the love for henry though ?

He isn't Cartwright, so that's enough for me.

The Gold Coast aren't going to get anywhere by buying scraps from the Broncos. They already did that with Steve Michaels, Caleb Binge & Cameron Cullen. If they want to build a side, they've got to take the up and comers like Taylor, Arrow & Wallace.

The way I see it, better them than the Roosters, Bulldogs or Sea Eagles.

The Gold Coast aren't going to get anywhere by buying scraps from the Broncos. They already did that with Steve Michaels, Caleb Binge & Cameron Cullen. If they want to build a side, they've got to take the up and comers like Taylor, Arrow & Wallace.

This. I'd much rather see our players go to the Tits than down South. Also gives us an edge when it comes to possibly poaching them back.

This is true. But im hopeful that we take Taylor back.

i heard today that the titans have pitched a 3yr deal to carrigan. no other details known yet

Why would they want Carrigan (another lock forward) when they've just signed Jai Arrow? I know Carrigan can play anywhere in the forwards but he's not particularly big. He's listed as 99kg and has been playing very well at lock for the under 20s.

Talent and potential wise
Pangai junior>>>>arrow
Haas>>>>>ese ese
Sua>>>>Carrigan

Whilst it isn't great losing these talented juniors it shows us something. We are a big club, the biggest in the nrl, for years we tried to do what the other clubs did and pick the best but the reasons the club had the best talent in the 90's was for 2 reasons. 1. Cyril Connell (best scout of all time without a doubt), and 2. Power in numbers and the best float to the top. Point 2 is what is happening right now. Pick your side in 5 years, does arrow or cardigan make it in? Does ese ese even with fai and haas coming through and more talented juniors in the pipeline? If other clubs want to pick out scraps that's fine, they might find the odd bit of gold (I think arrow and ese ese will have good careers), but they will never be a champion club, not until they aim to be the best now instead of 5 years from now

Why would they want Carrigan (another lock forward) when they've just signed Jai Arrow? I know Carrigan can play anywhere in the forwards but he's not particularly big. He's listed as 99kg and has been playing very well at lock for the under 20s.

who would know, but i seen him up close saturday. his frame is dam impressive. you give him a year or 2 fulltime and it will be a good result. in saying that he has a footy brain so not just a crash and bash dopey front rower. there is a lot about carrigan to like.
also, he is a clean skin. no dickhead about him

who would know, but i seen him up close saturday. his frame is dam impressive. you give him a year or 2 fulltime and it will be a good result. in saying that he has a footy brain so not just a crash and bash dopey front rower. there is a lot about carrigan to like.
also, he is a clean skin. no dickhead about him

Well hopefully we do enough to hold onto him.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.