2017 Under 20's

Shibasaki was strong and I know he scored two tries and line breaks but he had set up a line break too with a nice touch. He wouldn't have been doing that in the past.

That stood out for me in the Broncos' game.

Watching the Cowboys v Warriors last night that is just ridiculous, Cowboys were so good and Warriors the traditional power house of the NYC so bad.

Tuala back from a broken jaw was tremendous.

In fairness to the Gold Coast, Arrow, Hipgrave and Wallace all came through the Gold Coast system. Even in the case of Ash Taylor, I believe he played for one of the Gold Coast sides in the Cyril Connell/Mal Meninga Cup sides, albeit he was already contracted to the Brisbane Broncos.

I can't begrudge the Gold Coast Titans. If I was in their position, I'd be swooping in on these players or making bids for players who want to return home (eg. Copley & Vidot).

It also explains why they signed on Craig Hodges as a staff member. He was pivotal in Arrow & Taylor's development as players and I'm sure having him around gives these players extra incentive to come/stay at the club.

And it isn't like the Broncos have stopped pilfering from their junior system. I believe both Tanah Boyd and Payne Haas are from the Gold Coast system so it goes both ways.

Maybe it's my soft spot for the current Titans side and for Neil Henry, but I like a lot of the moves they're making.

Boyd, Glenn and Hannant all Bears.

Boyd, Glenn and Hannant all Bears.

In fairness, Boyd, Hannant & Michaels were all signed before the Gold Coast had even entered the competition. Hell, there was enough time for Hannant to be poached by Sydney, make his first grade debut then return to the club before the Gold Coast had even entered the competition.

Even so, both Kahu & Mead were Gold Coast products, albeit Kahu was a Tigers junior and they were very upset to lose him.

It's worth remembering the Broncos 'shot first' when it came to raiding talent. While I'm not sure if the Gold Coast were all that upset to lose Glenn, they were filthy when we signed a young Ipswich forward by the name of Kurtis Lingwoodock. I believe he was only 18 when he played in a QRL Grand Final against the Magpies and was touted as one of the best forwards coming through. Unfortunately injuries ruined his career, just as they did with another forward Broncos fans tend to forget about in Rohan Ahern.

Ash Taylor was a Gold Coast product too at Runaway Bay juniors and Coombabah HS, where Raiders first, then Titans had almost a monopoly. Neither put their hand up, and Broncos swooped in...

Ash Taylor was a Gold Coast product too at Runaway Bay juniors and Coombabah HS, where Raiders first, then Titans had almost a monopoly. Neither put their hand up, and Broncos swooped in...

then they just handed him to the Titans on a silver platter :thebadmantookbaxter:

I thought he was a Toowoomba lad?

im pretty certain he was a toowoomba boy and broncos had a shirt on his back at a very young age. he may have gone to the gc for a stint but i distinctly remember him running around for dd quite a bit

im pretty certain he was a toowoomba boy and broncos had a shirt on his back at a very young age. he may have gone to the gc for a stint but i distinctly remember him running around for dd quite a bit
Yes, he started in Toowoomba, but came to the GC as a 13 or 14 Y/old, where he played most of his junior footy before being swooped up by the Broncos.
They possibly had their eye on him already from his younger age, but definitely only made their move when he was playing for Coombabah/Runaway Bay.

I think Taylor just spent the one year at Coombabah (either age 15/16) before he returned to Toowoomba.

6-0 Broncos

7' - Hooker Tyson Smoothy dives over from dummy half.

is anyone at the game. can they shoot through some u20's scores please

Active Now

• Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.