2017 Under 20's

Important win for the Broncos, it temporarily places them 6th on the ladder with a healthy +60 F/A.

To paint the picture, 11 teams remain in the running for the 2017 NYC premiership with Canberra, Melbourne, Canterbury, Wests and the Warriors done for the year. Realistically, you would say the Roosters are finished but that leaves North Queensland, Parramatta, Newcastle, Manly, South Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast (basically in that order) gunning for a Top 8 spot.

To round out the year Brisbane will face off against 5th placed Parramatta next Thursday at Suncorp before traveling up to North Queensland to face off against the 4th placed Cowboys at 1300SMILES Stadium the following week.

In contrast the rest of the runs home look like...

North Queensland (require 1 win to cement finals position)
Rd24 vs Sharks (1st)
Rd25 vs Tigers (15th)
Rd26 vs Broncos (6th)

Eels (require 1 win to cement spot)
Rd24 vs Titans (10th)
Rd25 vs Broncos (6th)
Rd26 vs Rabbitohs (9th)

Newcastle (require 2 wins to cement spot)
Rd24 vs Storm (13th)
Rd25 vs Raiders (12th)
Rd26 vs Sharks (1st)

Manly (require 3 wins to cement spot)
Rd24 vs Bulldogs (14th)
Rd25 vs Warriors (16th)
Rd26 vs Panthers (2nd)

South Sydney (require 3 wins to cement spot)
Rd24 vs Warriors (16th)
Rd25 vs Storm (14th)
Rd26 vs Eels (5th)

Gold Coast Titans (require 3 wins to potentially make the 8)
Rd24 vs Eels (5th)
Rd25 vs Bulldogs (14th)
Rd26 vs Roosters

Roosters (Require 3 wins to potentially make the 8)
Rd24 vs Tigers (15th)
Rd25 vs Sharks (1st)
Rd26 vs Titans (10th)

I'd say the Broncos who have played 1st and 3rd and will go onto play 5th and 4th would have had the toughest run home of any side.

Realistically, the cut-off will be 30 points so the Broncos will have to win next weekend to give themselves an opportunity. However it appears that it will definitely come down to four and against.

Now, this season is basically a one horse race with Cronulla, but who doesn't want to see some more Broncos on telly? Two games all season, it'd be nice to see the team that played the second ever televised Holden Cup game be there come finals time.

First game I have seen this year and really impressed with Stags, Burns, Fauid and Carrigan.

Where does nicholas Wright get his information for his roundup on the Broncos site. i thought i saw o'hara farnworth score tries.

Manly defeated Canterbury 36-6.

Parramatta defeated Gold Coast 38-16.

And earlier Melbourne defeated Newcastle 54-18.

From a Broncos perspective, 2/3 ain't bad. While Manly have all but secured their place in the 2017 Finals series, the Gold Coast are relying on external factors going their way and Newcastle are on the hot-seat after their drubbing. The Broncos season hangs in the balance, but they will be buoyed with the knowledge that their fate rests in their hands.

I only caught glimpses of the Storm/Knight game, but Storm hooker Harry Grant was the stand-out. Everytime he had the ball Newcastle were mezmerised and he got his players running onto it like a freight train. I was disappointed I didn't get to see much of Tino. The only footage I saw of him was missing a conversion from right in front right at the death, so it obviously wasn't a great first impression. Still, he's in good company, I've seen Lockyer do that on several occasions.

St George Illawarra Dragons to file racism complaint against Brisbane Broncos
DAVID RICCIO, The Sunday Telegraphan hour ago
ST George Illawarra management will allege a Brisbane Broncos under-20s player racially vilified one of their players during last Friday night’s match at Suncorp Stadium.
Dragons management have confirmed with The Sunday Telegraph that they were preparing a formal complaint to the NRL.
90bb3287b71e13cf1752144fb556ea86

Dragons under-20s player TJ Uele.
“Yes, we will be follow the correct process path with the NRL,’’ a St George-Illawarra spokesperson said.
Broncos officials have also been made aware of the Dragons plan to file a formal complaint.
It will be alleged that rookie Dragons forward TJ Uele was called a “black c’’ by a Broncos player, in the moments before halftime.
The ugly claim coincides with a push-and-shove at the time of the alleged slur, which led to Uele reacting angrily and subsequently being sin-binned for 10-minutes by the on-field referee.
The incident was a major talking point among team officials in the wake of the Dragons 46-12 loss to the Broncos.
An NRL spokesperson said they were aware of an incident, but couldn’t comment until a formal allegation was lodged.

Bloody hell. I am by NO MEANS racist, but if I reported every time I was called an "Aussie c...", or "little white c..." I would spend more time at the judiciary then the field.... treat every one as equals? I would be laughed out of the judiciary if I reported that... leave it on the field

BRISBANE BRONCOS 46 (T. Hope 3, G. Burns 2, H. O'Hara, H. Farnworth, J. Fauid tries; G. Burns 7/8 goals) def. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA 12 (Z. Lomax, J. Gillard, R. Garrick tries; Z. Lomax 0/3 goals)

Half-Time: Brisbane 12-8
Possession: Brisbane 53% - Dragons 47%
Offloads: Brisbane 7-4
Errors: Dragons 10-9
Penalties: Dragons 7-6
Sin Bin: TJ Uele
Sent Off: Nil
Referee: Ethan Menchin
Touch Judges: Tyson Brough & Tim Rutherford

Tristan Hope - 3 tries, 4 Line-Breaks, 11 Tackle-Breaks, 10 Runs (98m), 46 Tackles (4 Missed), 2 Kicks, 1 Error.
Kotoni Staggs - 10 Runs (105m), 5 Tackle-Breaks, 2 Offloads, 30 Tackles (2 Missed), 2 Errors.
Patrick Carrigan - 26 Runs (305m), 2 Offloads, 4 Tackle-Breaks, 29 Tackles (3 Missed)
Gerome Burns - 2 Tries, 8 Runs (126m), 1 Line-Break, 5 Tackle-Breaks 6 Kicks, 17 Tackles (3 Missed)
Josh Fauid - 1 Try, 6 Runs (64m), 2 Line-Breaks, 1 Try-Assist, 3 Tackle-Breaks, 21 Tackles (5 Missed), 7 Kicks.

A strong return from Tristan Hope after being dropped to Colts in recent weeks. The Toowoomba product tormented the Dragons around the ruck dotting down for three well deserved tries. Hope's performance inspired Burns and Fauid, with both halves producing quality performances to guide their team to victory.

Captain Patrick Carrigan smashed through the 3000m season mark with a colossus 305m performance. This brings Carrigan's Season Average to 19 runs, 190m and 33 Tackles.

In contrast Jai Arrow, one of the Broncos best NYC graduates, produced 17 Runs, 163m and 32 Tackles in 2015.

ROUND 25

BRISBANE BRONCOS (8th)
1. Corey Allan
2. David Fauid
3. Haydyn O'Hara
4. Gehemat Shibasaki
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Josh Fauid
7. Gerome Burns
8. Patrick Carrigan (c)
9. Tristan Hope
10. Jai Whitbread
11. Brandon Russell
12. Kotoni Staggs
13. Tyson Smoothy

14. Rory Ferguson
15. Ed Burns
16. Sam Elliott
17. Dray Ngatuere-Wroe

18. Cody Mack
19. Thane Kellermeyer
20. Kalemb Hart
21. Mitipere Tuatai
22. Trai Fuller
23. Lachlan Barr

PARRAMATTA EELS (3rd)

1. Anthony Layhoun
2. Greg Leleisiuao
3. Emosi Alamoti
4. Noel Aukafolau
5. John Fonua
6. Dean Matterson (c)
7. Dylan Brown
8. Sean Keppie
9. Denzal Tonise (c)
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Ray Stone
12. Salesi Faingaa
13. Mitch Butfield

14. Reed Maloney
15. Tangi Hokai
16. Frank Salu
17. Nick Okladnikov

18. Joseph Taipari
19. Austin Dias
20. Ethan Parry
21. Tuimavave Afualo
22. Valance Harris
23. Kamren Cryer

BRISBANE BRONCOS 46 (T. Hope 3, G. Burns 2, H. O'Hara, H. Farnworth, J. Fauid tries; G. Burns 7/8 goals) def. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA 12 (Z. Lomax, J. Gillard, R. Garrick tries; Z. Lomax 0/3 goals)

Half-Time: Brisbane 12-8
Possession: Brisbane 53% - Dragons 47%
Offloads: Brisbane 7-4
Errors: Dragons 10-9
Penalties: Dragons 7-6
Sin Bin: TJ Uele
Sent Off: Nil
Referee: Ethan Menchin
Touch Judges: Tyson Brough & Tim Rutherford

Tristan Hope - 3 tries, 4 Line-Breaks, 11 Tackle-Breaks, 10 Runs (98m), 46 Tackles (4 Missed), 2 Kicks, 1 Error.
Kotoni Staggs - 10 Runs (105m), 5 Tackle-Breaks, 2 Offloads, 30 Tackles (2 Missed), 2 Errors.
Patrick Carrigan - 26 Runs (305m), 2 Offloads, 4 Tackle-Breaks, 29 Tackles (3 Missed)
Gerome Burns - 2 Tries, 8 Runs (126m), 1 Line-Break, 5 Tackle-Breaks 6 Kicks, 17 Tackles (3 Missed)
Josh Fauid - 1 Try, 6 Runs (64m), 2 Line-Breaks, 1 Try-Assist, 3 Tackle-Breaks, 21 Tackles (5 Missed), 7 Kicks.

A strong return from Tristan Hope after being dropped to Colts in recent weeks. The Toowoomba product tormented the Dragons around the ruck dotting down for three well deserved tries. Hope's performance inspired Burns and Fauid, with both halves producing quality performances to guide their team to victory.

Captain Patrick Carrigan smashed through the 3000m season mark with a colossus 305m performance. This brings Carrigan's Season Average to 19 runs, 190m and 33 Tackles.

In contrast Jai Arrow, one of the Broncos best NYC graduates, produced 17 Runs, 163m and 32 Tackles in 2015.

They were my two picks this season to have great years. Hope hasn't really eventuated. He plays well when he is picked with the Dragons game being easily his best this year.

I thought he would really benefit from not having to move around like last year.

Carrigan I love, I said at the start of the year he reminded me of Glenn in the 20's. Same leadership and calmness about him. Does plenty of work that involves no ego.

Maybe that's the reason we weren't too fussed with letting Arrow go, we may have a slightly better version of him coming through.

Julian Christian named on the bench for the jets must be go alright?

Julian Christian named on the bench for the jets must be go alright?

Made his debut last week. Had a really good game. Broke tackles and showed a good kicking game. Played 51 minutes off the bench so did some work too.

Made his debut last week. Had a really good game. Broke tackles and showed a good kicking game. Played 51 minutes off the bench so did some work too.

Could he be an option for us next year off the bench?

Top Running Metres (Forwards)
1. Patrick Carrigan (Broncos) - 3042m
2. Corey Horsburgh (Cowboys) - 2979m
3. Billy Magoulias (Sharks) - 2979m
4. Gabe Hamlin (Rabbitohs) - 2881m
5. Moeakai Foutaika (Titans) - 2840m
6. Payne Haas (Broncos) - 2827m
7. Sam Johnstone (Rabbitohs) - 2771m
8. Luke Chalker (Roosters) - 2742m
9. Setefano Hala (Panthers) - 2679m
10. Briton Nikora (Sharks) - 2523m

Top Average Run Metres (Forwards)
1. Patrick Carrigan (Broncos) - 190.1m
2. Payne Haas (Broncos) - 157m
3. Nat Butcher (Roosters) - 153m
4. Corey Horsburgh (Cowboys) - 148.9m
5. Billy Magoulias (Sharks) - 141.9m
6. Setefano Hala (Panthers) - 141m
7. Thomas Mikaele (Tigers) - 136.8m
8. Moeaki Fotuaika (Titans) 135.2m
9. Gabe Hamlin (Rabbitohs) - 131m
10. Daniel Vasquez (Sharks) - 130.3m

Last edited:

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.