2018 Bronco season review.

Then why can the Rabbitohs? Apart from that rough patch they hit, they have been pretty consistent all season and have been playing at a high level for a very large chunk of it.

We have more experience than them. I really don't think we can use the lack of experience excuse. We have plenty of it.

How do we have more experience than the Rabbitohs?

An appropriately disgraceful end to what has been a disgraceful season as a whole.

Piss poor attitude has haunted this side since Round 1, and once again, you can lay that entirely at the feet of Boyd. He did his best to lift us today....Only after the result was beyond doubt. In the first half he was exactly what he was for the entire season prior, missing in action.

Andrew McCullough is close to the worst hooker in the comp, and all those who have been cheerleading for him all year need to have your heads read. He is no better or worse than Nathan Peats. The fact that he Bradbury'd his way into the QLD 9 tells you all you need to know.

Thaiday, thank you for your service to the club, but you have no idea how relieved I am to see the back of you. Finally.

McGuire, I get the feeling is starting to treat his place here with indignation. He's been bog average all year, and the fact that he's blind in one eye probably isn't doing him any favors. With so many quality young guys coming through now, if he costs us one of them and remains playing like a busted ass, I'll be livid.

Also from this day on, this team is fucking banned from signing anyone named Sims.

3/10 season. Not even kidding. The sheer amount of squandered potential on display.....It's vomit worthy. Dragons, Souths and Rorters are entirely beatable this year. A Grand Final appearance has deadset gone begging because of players who like to treat this club like a paid holiday.

Team we should play next year
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu or bird depending on who is in better form
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. O'sullivan / Paix
8. Lodge
9. Nikorima
10. Haas
11. Pangai jnr
12. Gillett or Glenn depending on form
13. McGuire
14.Ofehangue
15. Gillett or Glenn
16. Su’A
17. Fifita
18. Kotoni staggs
19. Mago
20. Carrigan
21. McCullough

How do we have more experience than the Rabbitohs?

Quite easily.

Quite a few of their players have only been playing in the NRL for a couple of seasons and have less than 100 games of experience.

In fact, I posted the total experience of both sides in the Wayne Bennett thread. We have several hundred more games of experience than them, and that's with Jack Bird and Matt Gillett out.

We have over 2000 games of experience in the side.

Team we should play next year
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu or bird depending on who is in better form
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima/O'sullivan depending who is in better form
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Su'a
13. Offa
14.Glenn/Nikorima – im struggling with this one
15. TPJ
16. Fifita
17. Mago
18. Hass
19. Staggs

Im excited to see Hass back out there and I guarantee once he is fully fit he will be out there and possibly in the 17 let alone in case of injury.
As explosive as TPJ is, he has shown he is not the best pick for second row defensively. He is a front rower. He does not have the motor Offa does either for lock. I really want to see Offa get the lock spot – but I doubt that will happen.
On Sunday as good as Fifita will be and was on Sunday, defensively he was exposed badly. He was out of position and standing too far back a lot of the time. Gillett and Su'a are the no brainers in being the best defensive backrowers we have on the roster. Bennet even mentioned it in the press conference as one of the reasons it went wrong losing both of them.
I struggle with Kodi as I still think he is a good footy player and a great utility. But there is also Glenn who is also a good footy player. Staggs is also someone knocking loudly for a 17 spot. It’s a tough team to call for 2019.

I was impressed with mago the last few weeks. Yeah he had a few errors but overall ran hard and hit hard. It does suck that some of the young guys like Fifita and staggs that stepped up this year will probably find it hard to crack the side next season with the return of sua and gillet.

I was impressed with mago the last few weeks. Yeah he had a few errors but overall ran hard and hit hard. It does suck that some of the young guys like Fifita and staggs that stepped up this year will probably find it hard to crack the side next season with the return of sua and gillet.

I don't think Fifita will have a problem making the side. We are also losing Sims which would open up a bench spot for Fifita.

Reports are Glenn and Kahu won't be here next year, which would open up a spot for Staggs.

I would like to see this next year.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. David Fifita
17. Payne Haas/Kotoni Staggs/Andre Savelio

Macca can go back to QLD cup until he learns how to improve his service out of dummy half. Turpin and Kodi will share the hooker duties.

It's unlikely Glenn and Kahu are going to be here next year.

This Bird to lock nonsense needs to stop. Now. Right now. TPJ can't be stuck on one side of the field and we would have more use for him at lock. Locks generally take the hit-ups late in the set which is when we need to be offloading and he has the best offload of them all. Bird can play at left centre or **** off somewhere else.

Haas, Staggs and Savelio can fight it out for the remaining bench spot. I would likely switch them around during the year to give them some game time.

I like what I see from O'Sullivan. I would give him first crack at halfback.

But, unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Because Wayne will not make the tough calls. He just doesn't have it in him anymore.

Kodi will remain at halfback, McGuire will remain at lock, Macca will remain at hooker.

What impressed you from O'Sullivan? Apart from Residents his last games for Roos haven't been great at all. Good chase on Sunday for a try but he missed a lot of tackles. Dogs ran over him.

11 missed tackles in the last two games- finals. The Dogs game was better than the Wests one so maybe he would have improved if he was given a run.

I acknowledge it's hard to come into a side and play half but you can still make tackles. His goal kicking and kicking were pretty good I will give him that, the two pressure goals were great.

I don't think Fifita will have a problem making the side. We are also losing Sims which would open up a bench spot for Fifita.

Reports are Glenn and Kahu won't be here next year, which would open up a spot for Staggs.

If that's true about Glenn then I'm sad he didn't get a send off. Guy gave his all every game he played and was super consistent.

Sooo....it's a name your 2019, 17 man team thread?

Very well.

1. Boyd - a good off season and starting the year fully fit, should see him return to some consistent form.
2. Oates - **** the back row. You're starting wing for now. He's a tip Corey...start taking a few more hit ups if you think you can play back row
3. Roberts - Still lacking involvement. Should bring the Hodgo school of dummy half running to his game.
4. Staggs - maybe a wildcard. Liked everything I saw this year. Can only get better with more game time.
5. Isako - Learn defensive wing play. Otherwise keep on keeping on
6. Bird - a bit like Boyd. Fully fit and keen to impress, no.6 is where he can be most effective.
7. Milford - In the same way his kicking is, his game management is coming along in leaps and bounds as well. It won't be long before he starts finding some space out there to show us the other things he can do. Tipping a big 2019 from the Milf.
8. Lodge - he's got mongrel...wind him up and let him loose.
9. Turpin - I'll name him, but TBH I'd be happy to give any **** a go. I've seen enough mediocrity in Brisbane's key positions to last me a life time. First Wallace....now McCullough. **** A.Mc off to join Wallace at the spud factory.
10. McGuire - Make or break year for Josh. If he can't show us something extra in 2019...he can join McCullough.
11. Gillett - I wasn't sure if we would, but **** we missed his starch in defence. Here's hoping he comes back into form quickly.
12. Sua - I like him and he's only just getting started. Solid as **** IMO
13. TPJ - I think where he can do the most damage for us. Can show up in attack where he likes. Can take the hit ups. Needs to work on his defence. Too much arm grabbing towards the end of his season this year.

14. Nikorima - Not sure about this. Could he be a super sub? Most likely run him on at dummy half for portions of the game....but, I'm not sold completely. At some point in the next season or two, we'll need to phase him out of the squad.
15. Hass - I know **** all about this kid but he's fucken impressive. He could be something really special. I was devo-ed when he injured himself for the year in only his 2nd NRL game. Front row he's bound for IMO.
16. Ofahengaue - It seemed to me like Joe really hardened & matured this year. Happy to keep him in the side
17. Fafita - Big future. We need to hang onto this bloke at all costs.

Where are these reports mate? Cant say ive seen them in the press. Heard Kahu maybe to the Cows, but nothing about Glenn.

Depending on re-signings:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Knikorima
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Su’A
12. Gillett
13. Bird

14. Glenn
15. TPJ
16. Offa
17. Fafita/Haas

Last edited:
Where are these reports mate? Cant say ive seen them in the press. Heard Kahu maybe to the Cows, but nothing about Glenn.

It was on Twitter, Channel 7 and Courier Mail. Glenn and Kahu likely to leave. Glenn likely to remain in QLD with Kahu likely going back to NZ.

It was on Twitter, Channel 7 and Courier Mail. Glenn and Kahu likely to leave. Glenn likely to remain in QLD with Kahu likely going back to NZ.

Thanks. I'd have thought we would have heard something by now. Its a fairly old article. Wouldnt begrudge either a good contract. I'm just struggling to see them at the titans though as it stands.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd have thought we would have heard something by now. Its a fairly old article. Wouldnt begrudge either a good contract. I'm just struggling to see them at the titans though as it stands.

I certainly would like Glenn to stick around and I think we will miss him but yeah any truth to it I wouldn't stand in their way either, a fresh start for Kahu might do him the world of good and Glenn has been very loyal to the club and done his time if he can get more elsewhere all the best to him too.

Last edited:
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. ???
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Offa
11. Sua
12. Gillett (captain)
13. Bird
14. TPJ
15. McGuire
16. Haas
17. Niko

Fucked if I know who the halfback should be? I like the Bird to lock idea too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.