2018 NRL Side

I doubt he demanded that money. The dumbass Titans probably threw it at him and begged him to stay promising there's more where that came from.

The long history of Gold Coast franchises dead, buried and hanging on for dear life sure as hell aren't going to offer premiership contender material.

I doubt he demanded that money. The dumbass Titans probably threw it at him and begged him to stay promising there's more where that came from.

Probably true. They were dangling the Jarryd Hayne money in front of his nose

Weren't they dangling Jarryd Hayne in front of his nose?

One and the same I would've thought. If Hayne succeeds at the Tits, it's him. If he fails as he has done, it's his cap space. Although fair play, I doubt anyone at the Titans is smart enough to think of it as a bet both ways in that fashion.

You are imagining this mate.

maybe you should actually watch some rugby league, instead of just getting your panties in a bunch every time someone says something even remotely negative about any of our players ...

I have news for you, they aren't all perfect (or the best in their positions for that matter)

If middle of the pack is 2nd best in the game then sure, can we really complain? Also who was pushing for his spot for the first half of this year? Kodi? Travis Waddell? I don't think so.

Both Friend and Hodgson have moved down the rankings dramatically. Hodgson wasn't as good when his clubs draw wasn't the easiest in the comp and what has Friend done in the last 2/3 years? He's done absolutely nothing. Who else is there?

if Macca is the second best hooker in the game, then all that shows is there is a serious lack of talent in the hooking position in rugby league

if Macca is the second best hooker in the game, then all that shows is there is a serious lack of talent in the hooking position in rugby league
If you're comparing every other hooker to Smith, then yes there is a serious lack of Smith-like talent in the hooking position. Otherwise he does a very good job for us.

Have hookers ever really been that special anyway? Smith changed the way they play and no hooker has been or will be as good any time soon. Any other decade, any other rep team and McCullough would have been a rep player.

To be fair there is and I blame smith he makes them all look average. I have to give it to Macca,after smith, right now he ticks more boxes than other hookers.

80min
40+ tackles weekly
Short kicking game
Good long kicking game
Asks questions of the defence regularly

Smith is the only one who can tick them all (and then some)

If you're comparing every other hooker to Smith, then yes there is a serious lack of Smith-like talent in the hooking position. Otherwise he does a very good job for us.

Have hookers ever really been that special anyway? Smith changed the way they play and no hooker has been or will be as good any time soon. Any other decade, any other rep team and McCullough would have been a rep player.

Farah would have been Australia's hooker for a decade if not for smith

Well, Taylor is a lot better than Nikorima and you'd all say so also if Taylor was a current Broncos player.

maybe you should actually watch some rugby league, instead of just getting your panties in a bunch every time someone says something even remotely negative about any of our players ...

I have news for you, they aren't all perfect (or the best in their positions for that matter)
See and this is my problem you expect perfection. I do not. I'm in the real world and MCCullough is the only hooker exception Cameron Smith I would want at the broncos.

[EDIT] Flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
[EDIT] Quotes an edited post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d have the following before Macca:

Smith
Friend
Peats
Farrah
Brailey
Hodgson
Granville
Luke
Koroisau

I’ll tell you this much, BRISBANE won’t win a premiership with Macca at Hooker. When is the last time a side won a premiership win a Hooker who the the best you could say about them is that they can tackle. Let’s see...Smith, no. Ennis, no. Granville, no. Luke, no. Friend, no....

Christ he has had 9 years of first grade to become the bog average player that he is.

I’ll double down as well, Macca won’t play Origin.

Hell just for fun, Macca won’t be playing for BRISBANE in 5 years time.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.