2018 NRL Side

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by PerthBrissy987, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

TPJ wont be lock.

BroncsFan likes this.
  2. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Shaun Nona in top squad

Attached Files:

3. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Rep

bris
    I hear his name a lot but know nothing of him. Who is he and why is he mentioned so much?

4. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Don't know much about him but I believe he has won a lot of titles, awards and rep jerseys in the queensland and nsw cups.

He knows how to guide a team around and has been doing it as one of the best in second grade for years.

He's like Cody Walker, once he gets the chance in first grade he'll prove that he should have been there for years.

I think he'd make a good utility on the bench if we don't use dargan for that role.
    Though we have too many good forwards to use on the bench so it's up to Wayne what he does there.

5. Foordy

Foordy

It appears the long term plan is for Bird to be lock, so that would likely rule out TPJ there ... having said that, He will be a gun off the bench for us...

I think you severely under-estimate how important bench players are, it is a 17 man game not 13 ... not every player needs to be a starter. in fact having a player like TPJ on the bench that can come into the game and not only continue the momentum and intensity of the starters, but also raise the level if needed is an invaluable asset to have.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Gaz and Wolfie like this.
  6. soup

soup

Tony Kukoc (for those that remember that far back) was a prime example. The Chicago Bulls would not have been so successful without the best number 6 in the league, no matter Jordan’sor Pippen’s input/output.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  7. winslow_wong

bris
    Tell that to the players. How many players move on chasing a starting spot.

8. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Some do, but some can see the value in being a player who makes a difference coming from the bench. TPJ for me at the moment is an impact player. He performs brilliantly coming off the bench, i just dont see him having the same impact as a starter. If these younger blokes feel they dont want to be here and feel they need to be starting, let them go.

Foordy likes this.
  9. winslow_wong

bris
    I feel it's like a stigma that starts at junior levels where bench players are deemed the "nuffy" players.

Wolfie likes this.
  10. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

I would have TPJ run on lock over Bird any day especially if it meant keeping him.

11. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

You've just given Badel his next story.

My sources inside pangai's camp indicate he's unhappy with coming from the bench and will move for a starting spot.

My sources also inform me that the roosters will make a play of around $3m a season and have made a request to the NRL to play with all 17 on the field

12. badyon

badyon QCup Player

Scary thing, also, Steve Kerr was their 7th man. Bench and depth very important.

soup likes this.
  13. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

If we're intent on keeping our young forward stars then Glenn will definitely have to go and possibly Sims if he doesn't continue to improve. Oates hopefully performs in the second row.

8. Matthew Lodge
    10. Josh McGuire
    11. Corey Oates
    12. Matt Gillett
    13. Tevita Pangai Junior
    ---------------------------
    14. Jaydn Su'a
    15. Patrick Mago
    16. Joe Ofahengaue
    17. Payne Haas

I see nothing wrong with that forward pack once the players have developed further. In a couple of years that forward pack could be the best in the comp..

As depth we could have Andre Savelio, Patrick Carrigan, David Fifita, George Fai.. the list goes on

I would keep Jack Bird as a back. Could develop into a 6 or 1 but I really do think his best position is centre. He'll get run down at lock.

14. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

So overall a side like this would suffice

1. Anthony Milford
    2. Darius Boyd
    3. Jack Bird
    4. James Roberts
    5. Jordan Kahu
    6. Kodi Nikorima
    7. Troy Dargan
    8. Matthew Lodge
    9. Andrew McCullough
    10. Josh McGuire
    11. Corey Oates
    12. Matt Gillett
    13. Tevita Pangai Junior
    ----------------------------
    14. Jaydn Su'a
    15. Patrick Mago
    16. Joe Ofahengaue
    17. Payne Haas

Assuming Boyd slows down, I'd like Milford to get back to playing like Tedesco does at fullback. Trim him down and let him float around looking for the offloads and overlaps.

Hopefully we have recruited a better halfback or have developed someone decent for what we need on the field.

Su'a would be an ideal utility, reminds me of a more solid Tyrone Peachey.

15. Latest update, they are requesting all 21 player squad initially named to be on the field with all 15 remaining clubs paying their contracts at the Roosters for being the Sydney Roosters only. Phil Gould has gone in to bat demanding that the NRL meet their demands immediately.

Sproj likes this.
  16. Stix

Stix NRL Player

I reckon Fifita will be more than a depth player wherever he ends up.He's a special.

17. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Would have Fifita in there if there were a spot. Who would you drop/release for him?

18. winslow_wong

bris
    I just can't see Milford ever going back to fullback. Too much time has been put into developing him into 5/8th.

Kyall likes this.
  19. soup

soup

Can’t imagine Lodge sticking round. Either he’ll ‘foul out’ or search for coin eventually.

Number6, Morkel and BroncsFan like this.
  20. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

He signed a 3 yr deal during the year i think was in a article on fs