2018 NRL Side

You don't think that Troy Dargan could be a roughie if he shows some form through the trials?
I honestly have no idea, because I haven't seen the kid play.
It would be fantastic if he made himself an option though!

I tend to think Macca is a bit of a late bloomer. Yeah sure, he started playing firsts when he was very young but I tend to agree with a few others above that he has started to do some nice things over the last couple of seasons and I think is on the up.

Reason for this is he isn't the most naturally gifted athlete out there so relies on what's between his ears so that takes time to develop and some do that quicker than others. A bit like Ennis I suppose, where he was playing his best football at the end of his career. I'm pretty excited to see what Macca can do over the next couple of seasons behind an improving young forward pack. He'll add some real experience out there and hopefully he can continue to improve on his decision making, which I think has come on in leaps and bounds over the last cople of seasons.

Apart from Smith, I wouldn't have anyone else over him at this point in time.

Would the hookers that are on par with Macca be even close if half of their forward passes were penalised?

Would the hookers that are on par with Macca be even close if half of their forward passes were penalised?

Speaking of Jake Friend, would he look as sharp if the rest of his team were forced to play the ball properly? If the NRL are true to their word, and next year is another PTB crackdown season, the Roosturds will struggle.

Speaking of Jake Friend, would he look as sharp if the rest of his team were forced to play the ball properly? If the NRL are true to their word, and next year is another PTB crackdown season, the Roosturds will struggle.
Play the ball crackdown season vs Cooper Cronk fairytale. The Roosters are going to be a weird team to watch in 2018

Troy Dargan is the 1eyedEel forums Ash Taylor. Bloke is the best half coming through one day, can't do anything the next. Looks like a lot of them had him slated as their future halfback though so he might be in the running if Nikorima has a bad start

Last edited:
Heres some perspective

Macca - solid.
Hunt - Yoyo
Taylor - The kidthat thinks he is, but isnt yet - and hasnt shown yet.

So in this situation Uncle Wayne has made the right call. Why hold onto Hunt or Throw circus dollars at Taylor - when neither were setting the world on fire with their performances or reliability.

You can build a football team on reliability and workload, you cant build a team on potential talent.

I like everything Taylor brings to a team and he'd have been wonderful for the Broncos. I don't think what a player is paid is relevant unless the pay was based on a current level of expertise and said player wasn't providing that. Taylor is being paid for his potential going forward and could reasonably be expected to continue to blossom.

I haven't seen Troy Dargan so I don't have an opinion on him but if he has been signed by the Broncos he most likely has a substantial upside and like all on here, I hope he kills it. Most likely scenario sees him keen as mustard for a shot, WB telling him to keep putting his best foot forward and WB reaping the reward of KNik feeling pressure to perform.

I like everything Taylor brings to a team and he'd have been wonderful for the Broncos. I don't think what a player is paid is relevant unless the pay was based on a current level of expertise and said player wasn't providing that. Taylor is being paid for his potential going forward and could reasonably be expected to continue to blossom.

I haven't seen Troy Dargan so I don't have an opinion on him but if he has been signed by the Broncos he most likely has a substantial upside and like all on here, I hope he kills it. Most likely scenario sees him keen as mustard for a shot, WB telling him to keep putting his best foot forward and WB reaping the reward of KNik feeling pressure to perform.
I hope you're right...

Happy new year y'all. May 2018 be a broncos premiership year and a Clive Churchill medal for Macca.

DSYFKqvUIAUomMu.jpg:large

Macca is value for money. He has been consistent as hell, not stinking up the joint..but not setting games alight either.

Only concern with him going forward : How will his injury affect his game going forward?

Oh wow.

That’s all you’ve got?

Felise Kaufusi has even been 18th man for Qld and he’s not getting a gig any time soon.

Your boy is behind at least Friend for the Hooker role for Qld.

Macca is bog average.

He impedes our attack with his slow and poor service (I’ve never seen a bloke throw the ball behind where he half needs it more than him).

He’s a ball hog. That stupid dummy that fools no one. Cost us the 2015 gf. Parker was under the posts untouched for a 10 point second half lead.

He kicks out on the full more than any person I have ever seen.

Yeah but he can tackle.
Fucking bullshit. All of it

As a season ticket holder I am more than happy to go watch McCullough and Kodi N. do their best. We need to build a team not buy one. 2006 grand final showed you don't need the best players in every position to win a premiership. Just need the right culture that instills the will to win. Got to breed that - can't buy it.

As a season ticket holder I am more than happy to go watch McCullough and Kodi N. do their best. We need to build a team not buy one. 2006 grand final showed you don't need the best players in every position to win a premiership. Just need the right culture that instills the will to win. Got to breed that - can't buy it.

Big difference between back in 2006 and now in 2018.

Happy 2018 everybody! I agree we don't need stars in every position to win a premiership, provided the basics of football are covered. That is the kicking game, go forward, 2nd phase play, and game management. We have most of those things covered on paper and a few of the others in development.
If we play to potential, then a premiership is in the offering.
The kicking game, not game management is my major worry. Milford left as lone can run the team, but we need more than 1 kicker.
That means milf, knik, Macca, and even someone like Bird sharing duties, but in co-ordination, not off the cuff like this year.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Bish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.