2018 NRL Side

Did you watch Farrah carve us up (oh and which defensive rock was playing for Brisbane that week...you guessed it, Macca) Farrah’s a better Hooker than Macca. How many games has Macca played for Australia???

Luke needs to lose some pudd. But he too is a better player. His 2014 and 2015 form shits on anything Macca has ever done.

Oh and to answer your question, I pretty much watch all games.

I love it how people resort to “you don’t watch many games” when they don’t have an argument.

Ps note you didn’t respond to the other names on the list.

That's 2 seasons?? What about his last 2 ?

We aren’t comparing him to Smith.

We are comparing him to blokes who have played 200 first grade games.

Unfortunately Macca just ain’t the hooker we need.
There are multiple posts stating that Smith is the yard stick for the hooking role. And unless you're equally as good as the bloke who has broken almost every record in rugby league then you're bog average.

Rediculous.

There are multiple posts stating that Smith is the yard stick for the hooking role. And unless you're equally as good as the bloke who has broken almost every record in rugby league then you're bog average.

Rediculous.
This comment is 100 percent. Everyone read this.

Things are getting a little emotional in here and I just want to bring some levity.

I think anyone being reasonable
will say Macca is a good hooker, with some flaws such as speed and a running game. He is very reliable but at the cost of not being dynamic.

To clear up a few other arguments, Farah, Ennis, and Luke at their peaks were all very good (though always cam up short when compared with Smith), better than . You'd be crazy to sign any of
them over Macca now (though if Ennis has kept in shape, you'd have to think about it momentarily).

Finally, Macca is probably third or fourth best at the moment, he's probably just below Friend. The best non-Smith hooker is Hodgeson. Hes truly very good.

"You're an idiot"
"No you're the idiot"

What's next? "Takes one to know one"

Insults, whilst fun, give nothing to an argument.

Things are getting a little emotional in here and I just want to bring some levity.

will say Macca is a good hooker, with some flaws such as speed and a running game. He is very reliable but at the cost of not being dynamic.

To clear up a few other arguments, Farah, Ennis, and Luke at their peaks were all very good (though always cam up short when compared with Smith), better than . You'd be crazy to sign any of
them over Macca now (though if Ennis has kept in shape, you'd have to think about it momentarily).

Finally, Macca is probably third or fourth best at the moment, he's probably just below Friend. The best non-Smith hooker is Hodgeson. Hes truly very good.
Hodgson was shit last year. Bloke looked great with the easiest draw ever but struggled when his team wasn't handed a top 8 spot

This really is a fantastic post. You could argue that Macca has gone ahead of Friend now but Hodgson’s best is still better. Given he is injured though, Macca (rightly or wrongly) has a very legitimate claim at no.3 hooker at present (no.2 being daylight), though I would put Granville at 2.

I’ve never been a fan of Macca (and I do think Granville is better) but even I have to admit he has made very noticeable improvement in the last two seasons.

I still would have preferred we kept Granville or Parcell though instead.

Please tell us what he has PROVEN he is better at then other then a kicking game?

Running game? No, passing game? No, defence? Hell no, organisation you will probably say correct? Well if he has PROVEN this then why haven't the titans won more games? "But they have a terrible side so how can he show that" EXACTLY! He hasn't PROVEN it... organising losses isn't good organising

Please tell us what he has PROVEN he is better at then other then a kicking game?

Running game? No, passing game? No, defence? Hell no, organisation you will probably say correct? Well if he has PROVEN this then why haven't the titans won more games? "But they have a terrible side so how can he show that" EXACTLY! He hasn't PROVEN it... organising losses isn't good organising
They're both good players in their own right, but Nikorima hasn't proven more than Taylor, who has done an incredible job considering the team he played in. I can only imagine what Taylor would be capable of in a good team.

Regardless, they're pretty much polar opposites in their abilities, Niko is clearly the better runner and Ash clearly the better kicker/organiser. Both have very suspect defenses and both have a reasonably good passing game.

Only one would suit the current Broncos team like a glove, and make us absolute contenders in 2018 though...

They're both good players in their own right, but Nikorima hasn't proven more than Taylor, who has done an incredible job considering the team he played in. I can only imagine what Taylor would be capable of in a good team.

Regardless, they're pretty much polar opposites in their abilities, Niko is clearly the better runner and Ash clearly the better kicker/organiser. Both have very suspect defenses and both have a reasonably good passing game.

Only one would suit the current Broncos team like a glove, and make us absolute contenders in 2018 though...
Remember that game he won for the titans with his organising and kicking skills? Because I don't. His abilities are massively overstated by the media because titans NEED a star player. A good halfback makes a crap team decent and gets wins they aren't expected to win. He hasn't done this so I don't get the hype at all. He isn't worth half the money he is getting, Even dce and hunt have won big matches for their teams that they shouldn't have. Milf definetly has.

And why would he suit us more then knik? So Milford isn't the main half again? He obviously plays better when he is and a 90% milf with a decent half is a HELL OF A LOT better for us then a 60-70% milf with a half who has a good SHORT kicking game (Something milf is getting really good at anyway) and half decent long kicking game ...

Remember that game he won for the titans with his organising and kicking skills? Because I don't.
Stopped reading after this...

Taylor may not have been consistent throughout the season, but that line is either ignorance or dictated by an agenda.
Because that is exactly what expecting a rookie halfback to continuously lead a shit team to victory, is.

Anyway, this conversation has been done to death, and Taylor is no longer a viable option for the Broncos, so let's get back on track about our team, and hope that Niko does a job for us, because we really have no one else, and there's only one person to blame for that.

Taylor may not have been consistent throughout the season, but that line is either ignorance or dictated by an agenda.
Because that is exactly what expecting a rookie halfback to continuously lead a shit team to victory, is.

Anyway, this conversation has been done to death, and Taylor is no longer a viable option for the Broncos, so let's get back on track about our team, and hope that Niko does a job for us, because we really have no one else, and there's only one person to blame for that.

You don't think that Troy Dargan could be a roughie if he shows some form through the trials?

I agree. This conversation has been done to death....

Yes, quite a few actually.
I'm not going to get into this discussion again but name more then one clutch play he has produced...

I don't expect a 1ts or 2nd year half to pull them out often with a crap team around them BUT I do expect a $1 million halfback too though, consistently...

I could name a lot more hunt and milf clutch plays from their first 2 years in the halves, 10 to 1 ratio easily...

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.