2018 NRL Side

In regards to people getting annoyed with the jokes, I concur. They're pretty dry and unfunny, I only raised his weight again because I genuinely don't think it's a joking matter, I think it might actually be a serious problem for him. There's nothing really to joke about when your star player isn't capable of following an off-season dietary schedule, ESPECIALLY when it's causing him to play worse, which is an absolute fact at this point, he was horrible at the start of last season, around the same time articles started coming out about his playing weight. He was at his electric best in 2014 for the Raiders & 2015 for us, funnily enough, when he was at his lightest.

Someone said earlier on this page "Especially considering he's not fat", that's wrong. He is fat by definition, I went over the statistics last season, he is the ONLY player in the NRL that plays in the Halves that is technically obese on the BMI scale. You can mock the BMI scale all you want as a body measuring method, but that's an alarming thing to see, not to mention that he looks even a tad heavier this off-season as well.

It's looking like it may get worse before it gets better unless there is a major shift in attitude from the man himself. I wouldn't be shocked if Wayne gives him an ultimatum if he starts the season as poorly as he did last season and is looking a little heavy around the edges, much like James Roberts was banned from alcohol, we may seriously need to consider the junk food equivalent for Milford, food addiction & alcohol addiction are in the same genre, and neither is a joking matter.
Roberts wasn't banned from alcohol. It is his constant sobriety

All the "fat" Milford posts have been moved to the Milford thread. Let's get back on track in this thread please!
So do we genuinely believe Milford is guaranteed the 6 for all of 2018? Or if what people are saying is right and he is out of shape, how long does he have to sharpen up?
Bennett dropped Hunt on form, I don’t think he’ll hesitate to flick Milford if he’s not pulling his weight (no pun intended).

Bennett will never drop our 1mil marquee man, only bench him tops.

So do we genuinely believe Milford is guaranteed the 6 for all of 2018? Or if what people are saying is right and he is out of shape, how long does he have to sharpen up?
Bennett dropped Hunt on form, I don’t think he’ll hesitate to flick Milford if he’s not pulling his weight (no pun intended).

I can only see him being benched if Niko goes to another level and Dargan is too freakish not to pick, Milf would also have to be in horrendous form. If all three are demanding selection maybe Boyd can move to wing (and still play a FB sweeping role in attack) or centre. It'd be a decent conundrum to be in if it were to happen.

I can only see him being benched if Niko goes to another level and Dargan is too freakish not to pick, Milf would also have to be in horrendous form. If all three are demanding selection maybe Boyd can move to wing (and still play a FB sweeping role in attack) or centre. It'd be a decent conundrum to be in if it were to happen.

Dargan did a acl didn’t he?

Does anyone think Shibaski is a chance to nab the wing spot or maybe centre to start the year.

Does anyone think Shibaski is a chance to nab the wing spot or maybe centre to start the year.

Based on last year, players like him and Seve arent even close imo. I think for round one its between Pearson and Issako as i think Kahu will be left center.

Pearson had a really good season for Redcliffe, he just had the one game for us where he kept falling over and he suddenly went from a decent young player to being written off by some based on that one game.

Based on last year, players like him and Seve arent even close imo. I think for round one its between Pearson and Issako as i think Kahu will be left center.

Pearson had a really good season for Redcliffe, he just had the one game for us where he kept falling over and he suddenly went from a decent young player to being written off by some based on that one game.

Wouldn't mind Joe's oppinion on this? So wolfie , do you not think opacic won't be in the mix ?

Wouldn't mind Joe's oppinion on this? So wolfie , do you not think opacic won't be in the mix ?

I think he will, but i just think now Kahu has had his operations and he isnt having as many dramas at the moment with his body and fitness they may give him a chance in the centers again to see if he can handle it. If he cant then i'd say Tom will come in.

I do also think that if we have major issues with Boyds hammys then we will see Bird at fullback instead of center or lock.

I think he will, but i just think now Kahu has had his operations and he isnt having as many dramas at the moment with his body and fitness they may give him a chance in the centers again to see if he can handle it. If he cant then i'd say Tom will come in.

I do also think that if we have major issues with Boyds hammys then we will see Bird at fullback instead of center or lock.

It depends on whether Oates is moved to the pack or not.

If he is, I can’t see Kahu making the switch to centre. Bennett isn’t really one to go with two rookie wingers.

If he is, I can’t see Kahu making the switch to centre. Bennett isn’t really one to go with two rookie wingers.

Probably right there, didnt think of that. Depends as well if anyone kills it in the trials.

2009, Winterstein & JYY if I remember correctly.

But it is the exception and not the rule.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.