2018 NRL Side

nits-nits-for-the-pickin-everywhere.jpg

How about Mick H and Smokin Joe in 88?

You should probably look up Joe Kilroy's playing history.

I read it as @1910 backing up your point i.e. its been 28 years since a pair as inexperienced had played together. Pearson has 9 games, Plowman had 15. Hardly a monumental difference in experience.

Perhaps he was, hard to tell. If he was, I take back my comment in reply to his.

I don't see why we don't have a Valentine Holmes/Kalyn Ponga/Roger Tuivasa Sheck type of winger that we can groom for fullback.

I guess Kahu could be that but apparently Isaako is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Do we really see Isaako as our possible future?

Or are we just assuming Bird is next in line?.. Middle forward and fullback are two very different positions so if he's aiming for the forwards then he'll be less likely to be our fullback.

James Roberts is someone I'd like to see linking with Milford from fullback. Shame about his passing game.

Heard about Corey Allan but really the noise around him has died off a lot this year.

One of them was a fullback, the other had already made over a dozen appearances for the Broncos prior to that game.
Isaako is a fullback, and Pearson has played a few games. It's literally the exact same HAHAHA!

I don't think Isaako is necessarily ahead of kahu for fulback. I think his pick last year had more to do with kahu being inhibited with injury. That said, isaako must be in the mix, although i think opacic has to be in there somewhere as well, or why is he on our books?
You want round 1 to be a solid show defensively, because there's going to be a few mistakes with the ball in hand. With that in mind i'd be going with opacic at centre, kahu on the wing, backing boyd in case of injury, with another 3/4 back on the bench, probably oates. Pearson, isaako and whoever is training the house down that plays there can fight for the other wing. Kahu fully fit might beat him to the centre though, in which case there might be two spots, but that leaves some soft backline defence potentially with 3 fulbacks in the line and 1 with suspect hamstrings.
gillet and glen start, with thaiday, offa, tpj (if available) or carrigan/haas or anther yound blood given some experience filling out the bench.
1. Boyd
2. kahu
3. Opacic
4 Roberts
5. Pearson/Isaako or whoever (probably pearson)
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Sims
9. Macca (or Murphy if macca's not fit)
10 Lodge
11 Gillet
12 Glen
13 maguire

14 Oates
15 Thaiday
16 Offa
17 TPJ/Carrigan/Haas/sua or somebody young and big (Probably TPJ)

I don't think Isaako is necessarily ahead of kahu for fulback. I think his pick last year had more to do with kahu being inhibited with injury. That said, isaako must be in the mix, although i think opacic has to be in there somewhere as well, or why is he on our books?
You want round 1 to be a solid show defensively, because there's going to be a few mistakes with the ball in hand. With that in mind i'd be going with opacic at centre, kahu on the wing, backing boyd in case of injury, with another 3/4 back on the bench, probably oates. Pearson, isaako and whoever is training the house down that plays there can fight for the other wing. Kahu fully fit might beat him to the centre though, in which case there might be two spots, but that leaves some soft backline defence potentially with 3 fulbacks in the line and 1 with suspect hamstrings.
gillet and glen start, with thaiday, offa, tpj (if available) or carrigan/haas or anther yound blood given some experience filling out the bench.
1. Boyd
2. kahu
3. Opacic
4 Roberts
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Sims
10 Lodge
11 Gillet
12 Glen
13 maguire

14 Oates
15 Thaiday
16 Offa
I know Thaiday is a legend, but god I can't wait for him to leave free up salary cap and free up a position for all of our young talent to play consistent first grade. Even Glenn for the matter.

1. Boyd
2. kahu
3. Opacic
4 Roberts
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Sims
10 Lodge
11 Gillet
12 Glen
13 maguire

14 Oates
15 Thaiday
16 Offa
I'd also back Turpin if Macca is not fit, Murphy is not a hooker. And Turpin was rated quite well by the storm system.

I know Thaiday is a legend, but god I can't wait for him to leave free up salary cap and free up a position for all of our young talent to play consistent first grade. Even Glenn for the matter.

Edit: Insulting another member

Last edited by a moderator:
Video interview with Bird on Courier-Mail site he will be playing in the centres.

Its the sensible choice right now. He needs game time to get to know our plays and players seeing as he will miss the trials, so center will give him a smoother introduction imo than lock, halves or fullback. He does say when he gets a bit more size about him he will hopefully be move close to the ball, which will be him playing lock.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.