2018 NRL Side

If he pro longs his career I believe he would.

He wont. He is our best fullback by a country mile. He wont be moving from fullback. Bennett wont move him regardless anyway.

If his hamstrings become a liability, moving positions wont help him in the slightest anyway, he will probably retire if that happens. As long as they arent he is going to be our fullback. You need to accept it and move on.

If he gets his fitness up he could swap with Boyd at FB.

Do you seriously think Bennett would move Boyd, our captain from his preferred position?

Their close relationship over many years, probably suggests otherwise to most of us...

He wont. He is our best fullback by a country mile. He wont be moving from fullback. Bennett wont move him regardless anyway.

If his hamstrings become a liability, moving positions wont help him in the slightest anyway, he will probably retire if that happens. As long as they arent he is going to be our fullback. You need to accept it and move on.

It's those hamstrings that worry me. He's a great trainer that really looks after his body, but the way they keep happening doesn't suggest he will have too many more seasons if any. Regardless, the way his football mind works, I'd want him mentoring the likes of isaako and Allen now, and into the future. I'm sure with the way he analyses the game he'll be a real asset in that role. Further down the track, maybe a head coach one day.

It's those hamstrings that worry me. He's a great trainer that really looks after his body, but the way they keep happening doesn't suggest he will have too many more seasons if any. Regardless, the way his football mind works, I'd want him mentoring the likes of isaako and Allen now, and into the future. I'm sure with the way he analyses the game he'll be a real asset in that role. Further down the track, maybe a head coach one day.

im hearing that allen is on the outer anyway so not sure he will be around.

im hearing his agent is trying to get a deal where ever he can but there hasnt been too many takers yet.

Did a little digging after your post mate, and it sounds to me like he is getting a bit of bad advice from certain people. They are seeing some of these other kids getting big money like Fifita and Hass and think Corey should be getting big coin as well.

If thats his attitude, Bennett wont tolerate it for long. I know i bring him up a bit, but thats why he takes to blokes like Opacic who probably dont have the same natural flair as players like Allan but they have the attitude and desire to do well and put themselves out. ITs all about commitment to the team and attitude first.

You think he could be a loss or have we got others to replace him ?

he was touted by certain people as the next big thing - all too common these days unfortunately.
i know he had a few injuries last year, but he really didnt come on and push ahead - i actually thought he didnt develop or inprove at all last year.
i have never been a huge wrap on him, but i have been wrong plenty of times before.
i dont see it as a huge loss if he left, considering boyd just signed a 4yr extension in allens position so not sure where he would have fit in.

Did a little digging after your post mate, and it sounds to me like he is getting a bit of bad advice from certain people. They are seeing some of these other kids getting big money like Fifita and Hass and think Corey should be getting big coin as well.

If thats his attitude, Bennett wont tolerate it for long. I know i bring him up a bit, but thats why he takes to blokes like Opacic who probably dont have the same natural flair as players like Allan but they have the attitude and desire to do well and put themselves out. ITs all about commitment to the team and attitude first.

unfortunately mate thats how the future will look now for contracts and kids coming through. when you pay good $ to bring in untried kids from outside the system its gonna cause headaches - especially if the agent who bought the kid in from outside has other kids in the club. he will know the true contract $ and play the cards very well.
be interesting to see if this unfolds any further or goes quiet.
we need to remember now that its gonna be chaos when it comes to contracts - with max contract numbers and no 20's you will see kids and agents grab what they can to ensure they secure a top 30 position anywhere.

he was touted by certain people as the next big thing - all too common these days unfortunately.
i know he had a few injuries last year, but he really didnt come on and push ahead - i actually thought he didnt develop or inprove at all last year.
i have never been a huge wrap on him, but i have been wrong plenty of times before.
i dont see it as a huge loss if he left, considering boyd just signed a 4yr extension in allens position so not sure where he would have fit in.

Yeah i guess he would've moved on anyway with boyd resigning.

Can someone snag the locky piece about milf becoming a leader

Can someone snag the locky piece about milf becoming a leader

Read it in the paper this morning. More of the same off-season crap.

Milf has to now earn the money we are paying him blah blah blah there just summed up the whole piece in one sentence.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • bazza
  • heartly87
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • BroncosMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.