2018 NRL Side

Todd Murphy has been playing great in Queensland Cup. Some minor adjustments and inclusions may be what we need to kick start our season. Some more fresh faces could do the trick as we've seen what Isaako has done for us this year. Give Oates what he has wanted and play him in the backrow with Kahu returning on the wing. Drop Sims for Tagataese as Tagataese has the size and impact we need off the bench and the experience to back it up. I just think our side needs some adjustments for cohesion. Injuries don't help but I think this is a decent line up.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Todd Murphy
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Corey Oates
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
---------------------------
14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Alex Glenn
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Sam Tagataese

Oates is our version of Semi Radradra
at the eels last year.

Without his contributions from the wing we don’t win a lot of those games this year.

I wish I could say Thaiday was going through the motions, but even that would be giving him too much credit to me he looks like he is already out the door retired mentally and lacks hunger, I'm over it tbh, of all the seasons he should be fired up for it should be 2018 but he is just a passenger, same old soft Sammy, sorry mate there are too many younger forwards ready to make the step up and actually contribute. I'd be dropping him ahead of Sims tbh, for all the crap Sims has copped this season his past two games IMO his had a dig and have been justification enough at least at present to keep him there, that changes then reevaluate.

Last edited:
Yeah, Sims actually managed to have two great games in a row. Thaiday was OK last week (his best game this year, that's kinda depressing), back to below average again this one. He won't be dropped though. The best thing is that he provides morale with his personality I think.

Yeah, Sims actually managed to have two great games in a row. Thaiday was OK last week (his best game this year, that's kinda depressing), back to below average again this one. He won't be dropped though. The best thing is that he provides morale with his personality I think.

Yeah, I know. I'm scared too.

Oates is our version of Semi Radradra
at the eels last year.

Without his contributions from the wing we don’t win a lot of those games this year.

We need him there really. Our outside backs get no decent ball in attack as it is, we would be lost without his battering ram runs

Without Oates we'd probably be 3 W 6 L . He's had two match winning performances so far. I dread a Broncos-less Oates. (edit : Oates-Less Broncos)

Todd Murphy has been playing great in Queensland Cup. Some minor adjustments and inclusions may be what we need to kick start our season. Some more fresh faces could do the trick as we've seen what Isaako has done for us this year. Give Oates what he has wanted and play him in the backrow with Kahu returning on the wing. Drop Sims for Tagataese as Tagataese has the size and impact we need off the bench and the experience to back it up. I just think our side needs some adjustments for cohesion. Injuries don't help but I think this is a decent line up.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Todd Murphy
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Corey Oates
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
---------------------------
14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Alex Glenn
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Sam Tagataese

After watching norths today I am not confident in dargan or Murphy very ordinary

After watching norths today I am not confident in dargan or Murphy very ordinary
I haven't seen much of Dargan but what I've seen from Murphy has been pretty average. Probably good reasons why both guys are still a fair way away from first grade. Dont get me wrong, Ive seen good games from Murphy but he seems to me to be a solid ISC player.... IMO players that are NRL ready look out of place when playing ISC.

One thing i'd say is from talking a few fellas i know who play ISC, is that they think its actually harder to play your natural game there than in the NRL. Too many players out for themselves trying to get good stats to look impressive to get an NRL gig. They dont play for the team, which could be why a few of our boys seems to do ok in ISC and never get near the NRL squad.

One thing i'd say is from talking a few fellas i know who play ISC, is that they think its actually harder to play your natural game there than in the NRL. Too many players out for themselves trying to get good stats to look impressive to get an NRL gig. They dont play for the team, which could be why a few of our boys seems to do ok in ISC and never get near the NRL squad.

That's a very good point, you would say out of the top 10 players in Q Cup most wouldn't have an NRL contract

I thought with Taggers Murphy was their best.

In a side the was horrible, a try assist, made nice break and ended up with nearly 100m, broke four tackles and did his best carrying guys.

Dargan I thought turned the corner the week before against Easts. His kicking game was excellent then against Mackay like his team mates it was all terrible. Laid on that try but he's only done two now in six games. His defence has been strong.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.