2018 NRL Side

Saves seeing opacic there

Opacic is quality ... I don't know why you wouldn't want us to go with quality in the left center position ... I realize we got used to seeing mediocrity at left center this year, but that won't be an issue for us in 2018.

If TPJ starts our interchanges would be totally fucked, since we would need to use our first interchange inside the first 10 bloody minutes.

he is not fit enough to start yet, needs to remain a bench weapon at this stage. you do need a few guys like him on the bench ... it isn't a 13 man game, it is a 17 man game, bench players are just as important as starters.

Opacic is quality ... I don't know why you wouldn't want us to go with quality in the left center position ... I realize we got used to seeing mediocrity at left center this year, but that won't be an issue for us in 2018.

If TPJ starts our interchanges would be totally fucked, since we would need to use our first interchange inside the first 10 bloody minutes.

he is not fit enough to start yet, needs to remain a bench weapon at this stage. you do need a few guys like him on the bench ... it isn't a 13 man game, it is a 17 man game, bench players are just as important as starters.

Qcup isn't quality mate . Let him have a full season of first grade before you can call him anthing like quality

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Robers
4Bird
5.Kahu
6.Milford
7.Niko
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Mcguire
11.Thiday
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Glenn
15.Offa
16.Sims
17.Savelio

You think Thaiday will displace Glenn? He's barely good enough for the bench these days.

Qcup isn't quality mate . Let him have a full season of first grade before you can call him anthing like quality

just because he hasn't played a full season of first grade doesn't mean he isn't a quality player. of the few games he has played for us in the top grade, he has only played one poor game. and that was only because Bennett asked him to take one for the team and play despite his busted shoulder.

You think Thaiday will displace Glenn? He's barely good enough for the bench these days.

I agree, on top of which, Glenn was excellent this season. There is no likelihood Thaiday will force him out of the starting team this year, short of injury or suspension.

As much as I live the bug fella I think he should sit this year out

I think he still offers experience off the bench to help some of our younger forwards maintain their composure when the going gets tough...

I think he still offers experience off the bench to help some of our younger forwards maintain their composure when the going gets tough...
Yeah that's true mate, and there's no bigger Sammy fan then me but when your struggling to make 100m a game, questions are asked

offering players big overs because you afraid that a player will go elsewhere is no way to manage the salary cap ... that's what teams like the Tigers do, and if we do the same will probably end up in a similar ladder position.
I wasn't saying that we should over pay him but if he comes out and has a big year in 2018 and we don't offer him a decent upgrade, there's a good chance he will become the next Esiesi or Wallace

Esiesi or Wallace

both of which were signed away from us because a couple of desperate struggling clubs offered massive overs.

besides, lets see how Lodge plays for us next year before we worry about what value contract we offer him or if another club will sign him away from us.

Your point?

you said and i quote "there's a good chance he will become the next Esiesi or Wallace" ...

Firstly Ese'ese hasn't really shown himself to be any more than a bench prop ... secondly at the time they signed for rival clubs neither player had shown that they justify the offers they received from the cellar dwellers, therefore we would never match those offers anyway, since we aren't that foolish.

If Lodge performs next season and the club want to keep him, then they will offer him what they believe he is worth and not a cent more. if another club want to take a risk and offer him significantly more than the Broncos believe he is worth, then you can be guaranteed that the club will let him walk without matching the offer, just like they did with Wallace and Ese'ese (despite wanting to keep both players)

I wasn't saying that we should over pay him but if he comes out and has a big year in 2018 and we don't offer him a decent upgrade, there's a good chance he will become the next Esiesi or Wallace

Yep, they need to avoid that of course, but as of July he was retiring from league in his own words. We’ve managed to change his mind on that and still only pay him a base contract for a single year. This does very little to solve his financial issues and so I’ll reserve judgement as to what may happen longer term. I remember being excited when word got out we signed Martin Kennedy too and look how that turned out...

If he can become the player I’m sure most of us think he can be and a decent person off field, I’m sure the Broncs will be trying hard to retain him.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.