2018 NRL Side

The way games and teams are so structured now it's a very hard skill to use even if someone had it. You have people on certain sides and they don't move off that channel. In the past there would have been Sharks' players that were told follow Miller. In those clips ET is flying through looking for his out ball or short ball or shoulder ball to capitalise.

Players don't do that now. The fullback is the exception but we don't have a forward that can pass it for him anyway. Miller is running from the left side to the right probing away. Just doesn't happen anymore.

Players have nearly had that skill or attack breed out of them.
It's unfortunate that while footballers are more skilled than ever, coaches are more reluctant than ever to let those skills shine.

It's unfortunate that while footballers are more skilled than ever, coaches are more reluctant than ever to let those skills shine.

Hopefully with Kev back, Wayne can stick to defence and our attack can shine again.

Gee your happy memories are different to mine!

Nothing but misery.

First ever loss, Ryan waving his how to beat Brisbane formula. Balmain exposed Brisbane that day who were undefeated and riding high.

Ryan beating his Langer trips drum.

Hancock knocking that ball back into play, Dowling sent off and suspended for 8 weeks- you'd have to kill a touchie now to get that.

Wally's worst ever game in 1989 and contributed to his sacking, Brisbane were terrible. They were just too strong those first two years. Too big and powerful and Brisbane couldn't contain them at all.

All turned around though with a Carne intercept in 1990 and Gee stood up to Sironen and they punched holes in each other at half time.
Yes but as a kid, a charismatic villain impassioned your interest, and made the victories all the more sweeter. Cheating was just something villains did. :)

he played **** all there ... and it could hardly be classed as a fail, Bennett basically moved him back to the wing because his other wing options failed ... said as much himself
From what im hearing there will be positional changes next yr with Kahu moving from the wing and Mead into the squad

From what im hearing there will be positional changes next yr with Kahu moving from the wing and Mead into the squad

Wow, are you serious?

Waitaminnit.....

1FOhmQm.gif

So why has noone discussed the idea of James Roberts as a winger?

Wingers are becoming more valuable as you can see with the Storm having two speedsters in Vunivalu and Addo Carr.

Roberts isn't known for his passing game. He's known for his running game. Wingers are supposed to be the fastest players in the side and I think we have lacked that from Kahu on the wing. I wouldn't mind Roberts on the kick returns too, would get more value out of him that way.. better than doing dummy half runs.

I only want Kahu moved if we get a suitable replacement winger

I only want Kahu moved if we get a suitable replacement winger

Reece Robinson just signed with the Roosters. Experienced ex Bronco capable of playing fullback with some good speed and good hands. Would have made my top 17 if we signed him.

Yeah. Kahu should move to the centres. Mead had a great world cup. Kahu has always wanted to move to the centres. I think his time has come

So why has noone discussed the idea of James Roberts as a winger?

Wingers are becoming more valuable as you can see with the Storm having two speedsters in Vunivalu and Addo Carr.

Roberts isn't known for his passing game. He's known for his running game. Wingers are supposed to be the fastest players in the side and I think we have lacked that from Kahu on the wing. I wouldn't mind Roberts on the kick returns too, would get more value out of him that way.. better than doing dummy half runs.
No! Just no, watch highlight reels. He is the modern day Renouf.

The way games and teams are so structured now it's a very hard skill to use even if someone had it. You have people on certain sides and they don't move off that channel. In the past there would have been Sharks' players that were told follow Miller. In those clips ET is flying through looking for his out ball or short ball or shoulder ball to capitalise.

Players don't do that now. The fullback is the exception but we don't have a forward that can pass it for him anyway. Miller is running from the left side to the right probing away. Just doesn't happen anymore.

Players have nearly had that skill or attack breed out of them.

I agree with you and it is sad, we are very much lacking that instinctive aspect to the play. I wonder with how structured the play is today how players like Kenny and Phil Blake would fare.

Re my original post about ball playing forwards, another guy that had a bit of it was Jason Smith.

Roberts is king of drawing in 2 or 3 defenders and popping a flick pass to his unmarked winger.

Wish we had a better unmarked winger.
Kahu is good but watching other sides with Vunivalu, Rapana, Radradra gives me winger envy. Oates is good too but we all know he's not going to be there for much longer.

Wish we had a better unmarked winger.
Kahu is good but watching other sides with Vunivalu, Rapana, Radradra gives me winger envy. Oates is good too but we all know he's not going to be there for much longer.

People underestimate Pearson's finishing skills because he hasn't been given much of a chance to show them.

If he can crack the first grade side and reach his potential, we will see the best winger we've had since Yow Yeh.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.