2019 Broncos Line-up

How can you write allan off yet , he hasn't been around for that long.

I didn't write off Allen. The Broncos did. I never wanted him gone. I hope that doesn't happen to Niu.

Last edited:
Allan is better than Niu imo, and Anderson was doing brilliantly at around the same age in ISC for Ipswich. I personally dont think Niu is anything special as a fullback right now that marks him as a better talent than those two.

I think his support play and instincts could be something that he's possibly better with.

Allan is looking good though. Not sure why Bennett wouldn't start him this year for Souths.

Last edited:
I think his support play and instincts could be something that he's possibly better with.

Allan is looking good though. Not sure why Bennett wouldn't start him this year for Souths.

Maybe smoke and mirrors. Think the issue was he wanted big money and possibly a attitude problem, maybe Bennett is trying to knock him down a peg or 2.

I remember seeing an interview with Allan years ago, seemed like a nice young bloke.

Then I saw him play, I’m still sad we let him go. I think he is a considerably better fullback option than Isaako and for Souths, I’d have him ahead of Johnston.

Carlin was miles ahead of Niu at around the same age for me. Never really understood why he hasnt kicked on, but i guess you could have said the same about somebody like Shannon Walker, who was an absolutley outstanding young fullback. Allan has a more all round game than Tesi does right now. Very interested to see how Niu goes this year.

How can Issako improve his ball playing when he’s not given the opportunity to.

when premiership points are on the line, it is not the right time to give someone that opportunity ... that has to happen in trials, training or the ISC.

you don't risk losing matches, hoping someone can develop the skills needed to move into the position the FANS want to see him move to.

I can't believe people writing off isaako. The bloke is a freak. Let's not forget he is the same age as Allan (the new future superstar now that he is at a Sydney club). He has single handedly won us games, in his debut year, from the wing! What more can he do lol

Outside of Darren lockyer ball playing isn't a fullbacks bread and butter when they burst onto the scene at his age. Also, he has more ball playing ability then tedesco and the reigning dally m winner at the same age. Debatebly even slater too! I am not saying he will become better then either of them but what do people want from him lol its like people want Darren lockyer or bust to turn up for our club but when they compare them to players we have lost its like those ex players were future immortals.

What excites me about isaako isn't his footwork, speed, drop outs/goals, goal kicking, or long passing ability its his work ethic, determination to improve, and ability to thrive under pressure. That is what winners have and its what I would take 100 % of the time over a player who said he needed a change to increase his motivation despite not even making his nrl debut yet - if he's not motivated now I doubt he will be looking to improve himself over his career. I don't get the hype about Allan, he seems incredibly lazy every game I have watched of his (about 6 now). He doesn't look to get involved in the tough stuff or demand the ball in tight games or when his team needs something special. Athletically he is talented but he isn't an athletic freak who can just turn it on when he wants eg inglis, Roberts or mitchell. He has to be involved.

Last edited:
I can't believe people writing off isaako. The bloke is a freak. Let's not forget he is the same age as Allan (the new future superstar now that he is at a Sydney club). He has single handedly won us games, in his debut year, from the wing! What more can he do lol

Outside of Darren lockyer ball playing isn't a fullbacks bread and butter when they burst onto the scene at his age. Also, he has more ball playing ability then tedesco and the reigning dally m winner at the same age. Debatebly even slater too! I am not saying he will become better then either of them but what do people want from him lol its like people want Darren lockyer or bust to turn up for our club but when they compare them to players we have lost its like those ex players were future immortals.

What excites me about isaako isn't his footwork, speed, drop outs/goals, goal kicking, or long passing ability its his work ethic, determination to improve, and ability to thrive under pressure. That is what winners have and its what I would take 100 % of the time over a player who said he needed a change to increase his motivation despite not even making his nrl debut yet - if he's not motivated now I doubt he will be looking to improve himself over his career. I don't get the hype about Allan, he seems incredibly lazy every game I have watched of his (about 6 now). He doesn't look to get involved in the tough stuff or demand the ball in tight games or when his team needs something special. Athletically he is talented but he isn't an athletic freak who can just turn it on when he wants eg inglis, Roberts or mitchell. He has to be involved.

He reminds me of RTS except I'd probably rate him as a more damaging runner. If he played for the rorters, Souths, Knights, or Cows he would be getting Ponga like love from the media. That break he made against the Titans was freakish.

Isaako looks every bit as good as K Hunt. I'd go as far and say his step is better and he can kick goals. The huge plus like @Lockysillegitimatechild mentioned is his work ethic. His preparation and planning reminds me of the way Cronk used to prepare when he came into first grade.

I think some of us need to understand that the cream will rise. Last year I wrote that in a few years Isaako will end up as a 5/8 because I believe he has it all or will develop it all given time. He will make it to the elite level. Mind you I'm a very average judge.

I'm not sure people are writing him off as such tbh. Myself personally, i dont see his game as evolved that much from the players i was watching at Souths. His goal kicking is about the one thing he has really improved on. I'd like to see him at fullback for a few games so i could judge him a bit better, but i still dont think he is great under the highball there. Even against the Titans at fullback, he let one bounce he should have caught and dropped another. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but its still something i've always seen from him at fullback. I still think wing is his position right now, be interesting to see what he can add to his game in the next 12 months.

I agree with you about Allan. I think he is a natural footballer, a bit like Bird in some ways, but he can be lazy. You mention Mitchell, he was a bit like that until he got dropped for it at one point. Then he seemed to learn what he needed to do a bit more. Maybe something like that is what Corey needs.

Bringing up Bird, i'm surprised we havent thought about trying to get him back to fullback. He was pretty good there for the sharks.

Isaako looks every bit as good as K Hunt. I'd go as far and say his step is better and he can kick goals. The huge plus like @Lockysillegitimatechild mentioned is his work ethic. His preparation and planning reminds me of the way Cronk used to prepare when he came into first grade.

Must admit, i dont see him being anywhere near KHunt as a player. Hunt was a bit of a freak really. Its his own fault he through his talent down the drain.

I'm still in favour of Boyd at fullback, but I'm giving him 5-10 rounds for his hamstrings and shithouse attitude in some aspects of his game to improve, then I'm on the centre or wing or gone bandwagon.

Hopefully Seibold has had an honest discussion with him.

Last edited:
I think some of us need to understand that the cream will rise. Last year I wrote that in a few years Isaako will end up as a 5/8 because I believe he has it all or will develop it all given time. He will make it to the elite level. Mind you I'm a very average judge.

I dont think he will be a 5/8 at Brisbane with our depth.

Isaako is an athlete and has absolutely admirable work ethic. He reminds me in some ways of Folau, other ways he reminds me of Hayne and we can also see the bit of K.Hunt in him.

He has a lot going for him talent wise but I’m not sure he has the same freakish top end those other three had. I mean, I think it’s there, as highlighted by his match winning try v the Roosters but I don’t know if he has the same sheer belief in his own ability to get there. He does have time on his side however.

Must admit, i dont see him being anywhere near KHunt as a player. Hunt was a bit of a freak really. Its his own fault he through his talent down the drain.
Actual footage of @Huge.
C71671AE 5BF7 44C6 9AD6 450518ADC56E

Lol so we couldn't upgrade Allan's contract but we could buy Jack Bird for over 700k.

I'd rather have Allan at centre over Bird.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.