2019 Broncos Line-up

Isaako looks every bit as good as K Hunt. I'd go as far and say his step is better and he can kick goals. The huge plus like @Lockysillegitimatechild mentioned is his work ethic. His preparation and planning reminds me of the way Cronk used to prepare when he came into first grade.

I must have missed this game but I don't know when he has shown he looks every bit as good as Hunt.

I dont think he will be a 5/8 at Brisbane with our depth.
Yes Wolfie, I didn't specify at the Broncos. I think he will have a fine career and has all the skills needed with the caveat that of those skills, some will need perfecting to have a complete set. Just my opinion.

Yes Wolfie, I didn't specify at the Broncos. I think he will have a fine career and has all the skills needed with the caveat that of those skills, some will need perfecting to have a complete set. Just my opinion.

Hopefully he doesn't chase things like Hoffman did and end up worse off than if he stayed.

Lol so we couldn't upgrade Allan's contract but we could buy Jack Bird for over 700k.

I'd rather have Allan at centre over Bird.
Based on what? Have you ever seen him play centre? I've been watching him for a few years and I never have. I am a big fan of Allan but his attitude let him down

I must have missed this game but I don't know when he has shown he looks every bit as good as Hunt.
That bust he made against the Titans was every bit as good as anything KHunt did when bringing the ball back. The step he put on Cronk last year was text book KHunt but I think it looked even better than anything I can remember that he produced.

That bust he made against the Titans was every bit as good as anything KHunt did when bringing the ball back. The step he put on Cronk last year was text book KHunt but I think it looked even better than anything I can remember that he produced.

Issako just doesnt have anywhere near the skills Hunt did. Not saying Issako doesnt have any, he has a great step, but hunt was doing it weekly. He could execute sweep plays, kick, passed well, kicked field goals ( didnt really see much of him as a goal kicker ). If he didnt leave to play AFL he would be captain of the Broncos and probably fullback or five eighth here now. With all due respect, Issako is nowhere near him right now.

Couple of half decent videos on youtube about him, but not a great deal that does justtice to how good he was. First one is his Broncos farewell video, just skip to about 3.25 ( past all the Dave Taylor stuff, sad to see what could have been with him as well, crazy what he was capable of ) and the second one is just some random footage.

Issako just doesnt have anywhere near the skills Hunt did. Not saying Issako doesnt have any, he has a great step, but hunt was doing it weekly. He could execute sweep plays, kick, passed well, kicked field goals ( didnt really see much of him as a goal kicker ). If he didnt leave to play AFL he would be captain of the Broncos and probably fullback or five eighth here now. With all due respect, Issako is nowhere near him right now.

Couple of half decent videos on youtube about him, but not a great deal that does justtice to how good he was. First one is his Broncos farewell video, just skip to about 3.25 ( past all the Dave Taylor stuff, sad to see what could have been with him as well, crazy what he was capable of ) and the second one is just some random footage.

Its sad watching that. What could have been with k hunt. I have never seen someone make such stupid career decisions as him. He put in the work/effort and had the talent but just made some stupid decisions with his career path.

Another thing I didn't like was when he ran full pelt in a straight line on kick returns. At first I loved it and realised he was trying keep the opposition guessing (will he use that magicial step or do we need to brace for impact), but then he just started to never step again. He only ever ran straight and hard, that step was magical. It was even up there with benjis in his prime. And tbf, isaako also has a very similar step (in the air step).

In regards to hunt vs isaako, hunt is way ahead of isaako at the moment I agree but I think isaako would look a lot better with lockyer inside him as well. As I said before, the thing I like about isaako is his attitude. He will get better. Does he look like he will become a broncos great yet? No. But because of his desire to improve his talent is not stationary, with the right environment and a bit of luck he could become a great of our club.

Last edited:
Its sad watching that. What could have been with k hunt. I have never seen someone make such stupid career decisions as him. He put in the work/effort and had the talent but just made some stupid decisions with his career path.

Another thing I didn't like was when he ran full pelt in a straight line on kick returns. At first I loved it and realised he was trying keep the opposition guessing (will he use that magicial step or do we need to brace for impact), but then he just started to never step again. He only ever ran straight and hard, that step was magical. It was even up there with benjis in his prime. And tbf, isaako also has a very similar step (in the air step).

In regards to hunt vs isaako, hunt is way ahead of isaako at the moment I agree but I think isaako would look a lot better with lockyer inside him as well. As I said before, the thing I like about isaako is his attitude. He will get better. Does he look like he will become a broncos great yet? No. But because of his desire to improve his talent is not stationary, with the right environment and a bit of luck he could become a great of our club.

I dont know whats sadder, the wasted talent of Hunt or of the coaltrain!

Locky would help a fair bit having him inside you, but i just dont see the kind of passing and short kicking game from Issako, but i agree with his work ethic hopefully he can develop one. I'm not so sure he is as naturally as gifted or smart a player as Karmichael was.

Hull bolster ranks with capture of prop Savelio Hull have signed former St Helens forward Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos DAVE CRAVEN Email Published: 20:00 Sunday 10 March 2019 Hull FC have signed former St Helens forward Andre Savelio from Brisbane Broncos on a three-year deal. The hard-running prop/second-row, 23, has joined subject to passing a medical. Andre Savelio He will return to the UK next week after asking for a release from his Brisbane deal. England coach Wayne Bennett recruited New-Zealand born Savelio for Broncos from Warrington Wolves in 2017. However, he ruptured an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his first pre-season game last year and saw his hopes of featuring in the NRL wiped out. Savelio had a spell on loan with Castleford Tigers three years ago and initially came to England as a young child when his dad Lokeni signed for Salford in 1997. He said: “I’m really excited for this new challenge, coming back to a competition I know well and getting back on my feet again. “I’m looking forward to finding that love for the sport once more. “Hull are a big club so I’m really grateful for the chance. The plans Lee Radford laid out on the phone sounded like they suited me perfectly.” Hull had not made any major recruits in the off-season; Savelio’s unexpected availability is just the sort of opportunity they were holding out for. Radford added: “Andre is someone in our recruitment meetings we’ve identified for some time and kept tabs on. “We had initially looked at him for 2020, so to bring him over early is a great opportunity for both him and us. “I’ve been a fan of his for a long time now and can see him being a great long-term accusation as an edge back-rower. Hull FC 34 Leeds Rhinos 10: Hull finally enjoy some home comforts at expense of Rhinos “We’re in a position where we have retained a lot of quality in our squad and added some fantastic new additions, coupled with the impressive contribution Gareth Ellis has made since coming out of retirement.”

s://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fc/hull-bolster-ranks-with-capture-of-prop-savelio-1-9641564

Pity, would have liked to see him succeed here.

Last edited:
Lol so we couldn't upgrade Allan's contract but we could buy Jack Bird for over 700k.

I'd rather have Allan at centre over Bird.

Mate, Allan hasn't played a single game of first grade yet. Bird has played Origin.

You'd be within your rights to think we may have paid overs for Bird but part 2 of your comment is ridiculous.

Does Flegler deserve to be dropped from the side as soon as Payne Haas' suspension is over?

Does anyone think that Seibold may force Haas to work his way back into the side via QLD cup?

Does Flegler deserve to be dropped from the side as soon as Payne Haas' suspension is over?

Does anyone think that Seibold may force Haas to work his way back into the side via QLD cup?
All depends on form I guess, same goes for fifita too.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Strop
  • Manifesto
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.