2019 Broncos Line-up

Ricky is just fucking loving signing up Poms, isn't he. Struck it lucky with a couple of them, they probably love it in Canberra too because it's cold and miserable.

You can see this ending like everything does with Ricky though. Something works a couple of times so he will just do it to the extreme and will end up with a team full of Greg Eden’s.

I think he's exactly what we need. Bringing home a Broncos junior would feel right too.

Should we ever prepare to bring Arrow back at some point? He'd cost an arm and a leg by then though
If he's one of the very best middle forwards in the game though then that's what he should cost and to me there is nothing wrong with paying it if you are getting one of the very best.

Glenn Lazarus cost us an arm and a leg but he helped win us a Premiership. At least Arrow was one of ours and we'd be paying good money but we'd be getting an absolute gun and at least we'd be bringing him back home.

I think he's exactly what we need. Bringing home a Broncos junior would feel right too.

Should we ever prepare to bring Arrow back at some point? He'd cost an arm and a leg by then though

IMO we already have Haas in that department, who already looks to be better, if still a touch raw (as per his missed tackles on recent tries, but he's less than 10 games in to his career). He complements Lodge, who has more mongrel and is the intimidator. That's the balance a team needs in their starting front row. If those two stay, Alvaro would be too expensive to be a bench player IMO.

@broncos4life that's where I was headed at with regards to Sticky. It worked once (like flogging players to almost death for his 2002 GF win), keep doing it again and again and again even if that's not the reason you won (stacked team + Fittler). Just because one or two poms look the goods, doesn't mean they all are.

IMO we already have Haas in that department, who already looks to be better, if still a touch raw (as per his missed tackles on recent tries, but he's less than 10 games in to his career). He complements Lodge, who has more mongrel and is the intimidator. That's the balance a team needs in their starting front row. If those two stay, Alvaro would be too expensive to be a bench player IMO.

@broncos4life that's where I was headed at with regards to Sticky. It worked once (like flogging players to almost death for his 2002 GF win), keep doing it again and again and again even if that's not the reason you won (stacked team + Fittler). Just because one or two poms look the goods, doesn't mean they all are.

Yeah, I was just thinking that Alvaro is underrated enough for us to grab him cheap. Around 400-500k

The money arrow would cost I would only bring him back if we lost TPJ or Lodge. He'd suit what we need more then TPJ tbh, and he is a queenslander. Would definetly not be dissapointed in that swap. It is however a bit of a knock on carrigan I believe. Give carrigan the same amount of time and he will be getting close to what arrow brings, and in 5 years he will be ahead of him. Arrow has been brilliant but he can't keep it up and I believe his talent has reached its peak (that's not a knock on him because he is at a great level already!) because teams will figure him out more and more, and I don't believe he can keep this pace up with teams coming at him more, whereas carrigan has more potential and as much dedication with more size.

So in closing, if we lose TPJ and arrow is a decent price fine, but if not, carrigan will come good anyway but it means patience.

I still stand by if we are going to go for a forward if we lose a couple, luke thompson ticks every box of what we are needing. He runs hard, has aggressions, hits hard, quick play the balls, explosive, bench weapon option, medium priced

The money arrow would cost I would only bring him back if we lost TPJ or Lodge. He'd suit what we need more then TPJ tbh, and he is a queenslander. Would definetly not be dissapointed in that swap. It is however a bit of a knock on carrigan I believe. Give carrigan the same amount of time and he will be getting close to what arrow brings, and in 5 years he will be ahead of him. Arrow has been brilliant but he can't keep it up and I believe his talent has reached its peak (that's not a knock on him because he is at a great level already!) because teams will figure him out more and more, and I don't believe he can keep this pace up with teams coming at him more, whereas carrigan has more potential and as much dedication with more size.

So in closing, if we lose TPJ and arrow is a decent price fine, but if not, carrigan will come good anyway but it means patience.

I still stand by if we are going to go for a forward if we lose a couple, luke thompson ticks every box of what we are needing. He runs hard, has aggressions, hits hard, quick play the balls, explosive, bench weapon option, medium priced

I agree. Arrow would only be a signing I'd make if Lodge or Tevita left. I wish we kept Arrow and never recruited Lodge though if I'm being honest.

I doubt Arrow will be at The gold coast when his contract expires. He is a much better player than Pangai, I'd swap them in a heart beat. Jai performs week in week out, TPJ doesn't.

I doubt Arrow will be at The gold coast when his contract expires. He is a much better player than Pangai, I'd swap them in a heart beat. Jai performs week in week out, TPJ doesn't.

That's fair. I'd prefer him over Pangai too. It's just that Pangai has the potential to be the best forward in the game... He has to get his head right before that ever happens.

That's fair. I'd prefer him over Pangai too. It's just that Pangai has the potential to be the best forward in the game... He has to get his head right before that ever happens.
I get a feeling he will be one of those players we hear that about until the day he retires...

My concern with what's been happening at the Broncos over the last decade or so is we've been accumulating all these foreign mercenaries, who are all fine in their own right, and it might be good tactics for winning, but it risks losing the fanbase who identifies with the regional culture. The reason the Broncos were a strong club is because it's always had that Maroon thing going on. Players lifted to play for us. Outsiders had to prove themselves to be part of the tribe.

Melbourne might be the most winning team in the comp with this tactic but barely anyone would give a shit if they moved to any other city. They have no local players. No fan culture. They are all expat mercenaries. And the Titans are failing in much the same way, despite having a hotbed of local talent.

I'd like to see the Titans rebadge into a Polynesian team. They'd have tons of tribal support, which would be great for the game. And we should concentrate on promoting players in the local and country comps, and only have a few outsiders. A bit like how it's done in County Cricket, rather than the way it's done in the BBL and IPL.

Are you suggest we Make the Broncos Great Again?

What an absolute insane rambling of a post.

He Is Dave Taylor lite for me. Has the ability, but he won't ever be as good as he should be.

It's up to him to realize that. Wayne won't illuminate that for him, the money won't produce that no matter the club he ends up at. He flip flops between being sort of precocious and then back to immature attention hound. But if he, Lodge and Haas band together to be our new three amigos, look out.

My concern with what's been happening at the Broncos over the last decade or so is we've been accumulating all these foreign mercenaries, who are all fine in their own right, and it might be good tactics for winning, but it risks losing the fanbase who identifies with the regional culture. The reason the Broncos were a strong club is because it's always had that Maroon thing going on. Players lifted to play for us. Outsiders had to prove themselves to be part of the tribe.

Melbourne might be the most winning team in the comp with this tactic but barely anyone would give a shit if they moved to any other city. They have no local players. No fan culture. They are all expat mercenaries. And the Titans are failing in much the same way, despite having a hotbed of local talent.

I'd like to see the Titans rebadge into a Polynesian team. They'd have tons of tribal support, which would be great for the game. And we should concentrate on promoting players in the local and country comps, and only have a few outsiders. A bit like how it's done in County Cricket, rather than the way it's done in the BBL and IPL.

Is this the meaning of burn the boats?

I agree but carrigan is our arrow, TPJ is our x factor forward. Hass , lodge , offa and carrigan are all similar. Flegler and TPJ will be our explosive guys who will not be as consistent but can break teams imo

I think that's a bit unfair on Arrow mate. He has already performed well above expectations and is still very young. He clearly felt he had something to prove and he did just that. A bloke with that kind of attitude doesn't just stagnate. I see no reason why he won't continue to improve.

If we lose TPJ then we should definitely be chasing Jai. It sucked when we lost him in the first place.

Same. I said at the time losing Arrow would be more detrimental long term than losing Taylor, stand by that. Seems relatively likely that at least one of Dearden or T.Boyd will be better than Taylor.

No offense to your best mate Pat, but Arrow is and probably always will be better IMO.

I think that's a bit unfair on Arrow mate. He has already performed well above expectations and is still very young. He clearly felt he had something to prove and he did just that. A bloke with that kind of attitude doesn't just stagnate. I see no reason why he won't continue to improve.

If we lose TPJ then we should definitely be chasing Jai. It sucked when we lost him in the first place.
I think you've misconstrued my comment. Arrow staying at the level he is at is far from stagnating in my eyes, he is at an elite level now. I'm simply saying that carrigan has the potential to reach the same level. I also said that we should go for arrow if we lose TPJ, I think he'd be a big improvement on him and more of what we need (mainly consistency)

Same. I said at the time losing Arrow would be more detrimental long term than losing Taylor, stand by that. Seems relatively likely that at least one of Dearden or T.Boyd will be better than Taylor.

No offense to your best mate Pat, but Arrow is and probably always will be better IMO.

Patty will surpasse him. I have no doubts about that. I think Jai is as good as he will get right now. I don't think Jai was better than Pat either in the 20's. The only things I think Jai has in his game over Carrigan is he is a bit quicker and more experienced, but he is almost 24. I've always been a huge fan of Arrow. We should never have got rid of him. Plenty on here were always saying he was average but imo you can just tell some players are going to make it.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Behold
  • Johnny92
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • Xzei
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.