8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tevita Pangai
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird
17. Joe Ofahengaue
are you taking the piss or what?

Apparently Raiders have signed this guy, George Williams.

I remember the Broncos being linked with him at some points in the past few years.

He looks really good.. I don't have much doubt that he will impress everyone just like Bateman and Hodgson have.

Wish the Broncos had a better eye in recruitment.. Who's in charge at the moment?

Ricky is just fucking loving signing up Poms, isn't he. Struck it lucky with a couple of them, they probably love it in Canberra too because it's cold and miserable.

They probably relate to all the whinging too. Match made in heaven.

Apparently Raiders have signed this guy, George Williams.

I remember the Broncos being linked with him at some points in the past few years.

He looks really good.. I don't have much doubt that he will impress everyone just like Bateman and Hodgson have.

Wish the Broncos had a better eye in recruitment.. Who's in charge at the moment?

One of the best around, Peter Nolan. Not sure what more he could be doing? We’ve brought through some young guns in the past 18 months, now we need patience to let them develop. Fifita, Haas, Staggs, Carrigan, Isaako, Dearden etc etc

I said it earlier, there is no magic bullet here. The talent is in this squad, we just need some time.

One of the best around, Peter Nolan. Not sure what more he could be doing? We’ve brought through some young guns in the past 18 months, now we need patience to let them develop. Fifita, Haas, Staggs, Carrigan, Isaako, Dearden etc etc

I said it earlier, there is no magic bullet here. The talent is in this squad, we just need some time.

We could have prepared better for this transition.

Ricky is just fucking loving signing up Poms, isn't he. Struck it lucky with a couple of them, they probably love it in Canberra too because it's cold and miserable.
Wouldn’t be a chance from home for them that’s why he can bag them. Good luck to him he has done well.

Buying young is all well and good, but I really think we need to look for experienced players now too, especially with so many being forced out of the club. I hope Seibold has some in mind for next year.

The more players you bring in from NSW, NZ and the Pacific the less the fans feels like they're watching the Brisbane Broncos. You might as well relocate the Storm. They have more Brisbane players than us.

When the season began we had more NSW possibles and NZ internationals in our squad. For the first time in my life I wanted NZ to win because of all the Broncos in their squad.

Last edited:
The more players you bring in from NSW, NZ and the Pacific the less the fans feels like they're watching the Brisbane Broncos. You might as well relocate the Storm. They have more Brisbane players than us.

When the season began we had more NSW possibles and NZ internationals in our squad. For the first time in my life I wanted NZ to win because of all the Broncos in their squad.
Agreed... I'm just not seeing any decent targets on the market at the moment.

We probably need a forward leader in the mould of Graham, but he's aging... and we desperately need a hooker, but they look few and far between.

Of the candidates I wouldn't be against going after Api. Plays 80, damaging through the middle and decent enough middle defender. He's also got Fainu breathing down his neck reducing his minutes and his value.

Fullback would be handy as well and I think we should be throwing the absolutely bank at Ponga... only the Broncos should be allowed to have a Lockyer reincarnate

Outside of that it's probably waiting on the guys coming through to make the positions their own.

Last edited:

We probably need a forward leader in the mould of Graham, but he's aging... and we desperately need a hooker, but they look few and far between.

Of the candidates I wouldn't be against going after Api. Plays 80, damaging through the middle and decent enough middle defender. He's also got Fainu breathing down his neck reducing his minutes and his value.

Fullback would be handy as well and I think we should be throwing the absolutely bank at Ponga... only the Broncos should be allowed to have a Lockyer reincarnate

Outside of that it's probably waiting on the guys coming through to make the positions their own.

My concern with what's been happening at the Broncos over the last decade or so is we've been accumulating all these foreign mercenaries, who are all fine in their own right, and it might be good tactics for winning, but it risks losing the fanbase who identifies with the regional culture. The reason the Broncos were a strong club is because it's always had that Maroon thing going on. Players lifted to play for us. Outsiders had to prove themselves to be part of the tribe.

Melbourne might be the most winning team in the comp with this tactic but barely anyone would give a shit if they moved to any other city. They have no local players. No fan culture. They are all expat mercenaries. And the Titans are failing in much the same way, despite having a hotbed of local talent.

I'd like to see the Titans rebadge into a Polynesian team. They'd have tons of tribal support, which would be great for the game. And we should concentrate on promoting players in the local and country comps, and only have a few outsiders. A bit like how it's done in County Cricket, rather than the way it's done in the BBL and IPL.

Christian Welch and Daniel Alvaro are off contract after this season.

I'd be looking at both of them, especially if we are possibly losing Lodge and Pangai

Alvaro is a Broncos junior so that'd be cool to have him back here.

Matt Parcell is also off contract at the end of this year in the Super League. I'd sign him up without a doubt. Another ex Bronco that would be the closest thing to Damien Cook in the NRL.

Christian Welch and Daniel Alvaro are off contract after this season.

I'd be looking at both of them, especially if we are possibly losing Lodge and Pangai

Alvaro is a Broncos junior so that'd be cool to have him back here.

Matt Parcell is also off contract at the end of this year in the Super League. I'd sign him up without a doubt. Another ex Bronco that would be the closest thing to Damien Cook in the NRL.

I don't think Welch is a good fit. We've got plenty of talented middle forwards, more talented than him, we just probably need someone who can be a top tier prop, someone who'll lead the pack consistently well.

I dunno about Alvaro, is he still playing this year?

If we want a quality, experienced forward i'd still be looking at Chris Hill from Warrington. He is getting on a bit, but he is a leader and would be great for a year or so.

Parcell is playing garbage. Lost his starting role at Leeds ( who have been very, very poor ) to Brad Dwyer, who is sort of an English version of Shane Perry in hooker form.

If we want a quality, experienced forward i'd still be looking at Chris Hill from Warrington. He is getting on a bit, but he is a leader and would be great for a year or so.

Parcell is playing garbage. Lost his starting role at Leeds ( who have been very, very poor ) to Brad Dwyer, who is sort of an English version of Shane Perry in hooker form.

Bateman and the Burgess boys have been good, but I'd be looking for someone with more NRL experience.

I think Haas and Tevita are good enough to start for us, but I think they'd be most effective for us if they came on at the same time from the bench.

We're just one experienced prop short. We bought Fensom and Tagataese for this reason, but they're not really at the standard that we'd like.

There are plenty of options and I think more will pop up after the season is done and teams look to move on players that are under contract.. Happens every year

I don't think Welch is a good fit. We've got plenty of talented middle forwards, more talented than him, we just probably need someone who can be a top tier prop, someone who'll lead the pack consistently well.

I dunno about Alvaro, is he still playing this year?

Alvaro is basically Hannant in his first stint with us. Massive motor and super reliable.

Alvaro is basically Hannant in his first stint with us. Massive motor and super reliable.

I think he's exactly what we need. Bringing home a Broncos junior would feel right too.

Should we ever prepare to bring Arrow back at some point? He'd cost an arm and a leg by then though

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • lynx000
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.