10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Gillett
13.Pangai jr
14.Staggs
15.Offa
16.Su’A
17.Mago

i know you need to submit your daily team list ... but at least make it realistic ... Boyd will never play on the wing at club level again

i know you need to submit your daily team list ... but at least make it realistic ... Boyd will never play on the wing at club level again

We don’t know where Seibold will go with the side and if he does give Issako the young fast fullback the spot. Where does Boyd go then we have two centres already so all that’s left wing is the only spot for him.

We don’t know where Seibold will go with the side and if he does give Issako the young fast fullback the spot. Where does Boyd go then we have two centres already so all that’s left wing is the only spot for him.

Watch Boyd show his true class this year when we actually run some attacking moves with bodies in motion. The bunnies were impressive this year in attack and pretty to watch. If Seibs can bring some of the same to the broncs, Boyd will show his class. He might not score any run away tries or make as many breaks as Isaako would, but I can guarantee he will finish off way more attacking moves with his pass selection and setup play which is some of the best in the game than if Isaako were filling the FB role.

Just my opinion.

My issue with Boyd is that he isn't a threat with the ball. He hardly ever breaks a tackle, and doesn't have speed, so for the defence they basically know they can hold off him until he runs out of room. How many times this year did we see Boyd run across the field like a crab only to submit to a tackle?

I hope that was just because he wasn't fit and that he's better in 2019 but last year's year's performance, especially defensively and in terms of effort, in not getting my hopes up.

Inglis got moved to centre not to only help the sides attacking with Johnson at the back but also to manage him with his injury history as well. Seibold may easily do the same with Boyd to prolong he’s career.

Inglis got moved to centre not to only help the sides attacking with Johnson at the back but also to manage him with his injury history as well. Seibold may easily do the same with Boyd to prolong he’s career.

A shift of Boyd to the centres at some point to test it out I can certainly see. I just can't see any scenario that Boyd would head to the wing though.

Ironically Wayne intends to play GI at fb. (If the papers are correct)

Quick question.

Do we have any players in particular hales/backs injured and unable to train?

WB throwing all his eggs into a 32 yr old basket with hamstring issues.

Looks like he intends to exploit the left side sweep and probably doesn't trust Johnston to be able to execute the passing required.

Yeah, you either go with Johnston who passes as well as Josh Hoffman, or Inglis, who is like a 250,000KM car and you just aren't sure if it'll be able to last the whole trip.

Or sign someone else, that should be the main priority.

Last edited:
My issue with Boyd is that he isn't a threat with the ball. He hardly ever breaks a tackle, and doesn't have speed, so for the defence they basically know they can hold off him until he runs out of room. How many times this year did we see Boyd run across the field like a crab only to submit to a tackle?

I hope that was just because he wasn't fit and that he's better in 2019 but last year's year's performance, especially defensively and in terms of effort, in not getting my hopes up.

Not a threat with the ball. With all due respect, comments like these are just ridiculous.

He didn't have the best 2018 but there are very very few fullbacks in the game that can do what he can do with the ball. He's one of the best in the comp at setting up his outside men and he didn't just suddenly lose that ability. He suffered mentally from the hamstring injuries and as a result lost confidence but he still showed several times in 2018 that he's still got it.

At the back end of the year Boyd started getting better and with a good pre-season under his belt without the hamstring problems, we'll see Boyd get back to his best and Boyd at his best is one of the best fullbacks in the comp.

As for his speed, he's not the fastest bloke in the game but he is quicker than what people give him credit for.

He isn't there to be a speedster and break tackles. He is there for his organizing ability and his playmaking skills.

If he wasn't a threat with the ball than the opposition defence wouldn't be so focused on trying to shut him down.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Lodge
9. MCC
10. Ofa
11. Sua
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Turpin/Staggs
15. Fifita
16. Haas
17. Tagatese/Carrigan

Boyd’s better suited to the style of attack the Rabbitohs played with this year than most fullbacks in the NRL

I'm pretty sure WB was literally quoted saying GI is not his first choice fullback, but he'll leave it up to him where he wants to play.

Yeah, you either go with Johnston who passes as well as Josh Hoffman, or Inglis, who is like a 250,000KM car and you just aren't sure if it'll be able to last the whole trip.

Or sign someone else, that should be the main priority.

Corey Allen.

Corey Allen.
Corey Allan and Bennett don't get along well because of his cocky attitude. Allan is pretty pissed at the Bennett signing actually

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.