2019 Broncos Line-up

Bullshit. Milford returned on day one looking great. The players put in effort to return from the holiday under their usual return weight. That was done under the previous coaching staff. Again, Seibold gets no credit for the players returning at a good weight. I'm sure people will put this down to me being a Bennett supporter like usual, instead of just not giving credit where it isn't due.

Then why was Milf so out of shape at the start of the year?

You mean a year ago? I guess he had a bad diet. Glad he's learned his lesson

That wasn't Bennetts fault, even though he'd coached him for X years, but getting him into shape is ... odd.

That wasn't Bennetts fault, even though he'd coached him for X years, but getting him into shape is ... odd.
Haha at this point I think people just see what they want to see. I said it was under the previous coaching staff, not that Bennett made him lose weight this year. All of the credit goes to Milford for learning his lesson.

Last edited:
I'm going insane this off-season. So to celebrate, I'm posting my 3 prospective team lists:

Morkel's conservative "500g rump" team:
It's safe, it gets the job done, but certainly not as exciting as some (most?) would like.

01 Boyd
02 Oates
04 Bird
03 Roberts
05 Isaako
06 Milford
07 Nikorima
08 Lodge
09 McCullough
10 Ofahengaue
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 TPJ

14 Su'A
15 Fifita
16 Haas
17 Carrigan

BHQ's crazy off-season "24 Hot & Spicy Nuggets for $10" team:
In dedication to a few of us getting carried away with the possibilities. Plenty of spice, but if you're not careful your arse might fall out.

01 Roberts
02 Oates
03 Boyd
04 Bird
05 Isaako
06 Milford
07 O'Sullivan
08 Lodge
09 McCullough
10 Haas
11 TPJ
12 Fifita
13 Gillett

14 Nikorima
15 Su'A
16 Ofahengaue
17 Carrigan

The Bronxnation "Deconstructed Fairy Floss" team:
Looks hella on Insta, and you'll get fuckin manic excited for about 3 minutes, but it's sugar and a stick and the come-down sucks as much as your empty stomach.

01 Isaako
02 Oates
03 Staggs
04 Kahu
05 Roberts
06 Milford
07 O'Sullivan
08 Lodge
09 Nikorima
10 TPJ
11 Su'a
12 Fifita
13 Burgess

14 Bird
15 Haas
16 Gillett
17 Carrigan

Haha at this point I think people just see what they want to see. I said it was under the previous coaching staff, not that Bennett made him lose weight this year. All of the credit goes to Milford for learning his lesson.

Alright, if you want to play it aloof then fair enough - but agreed, Milford has hopefully learnt his lesson.

01 Boyd
02 Oates
04 Bird
03 Roberts
05 Isaako
06 Milford
07 Nikorima
08 Lodge
09 McCullough
10 Ofahengaue
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 TPJ

14 Su'A
15 Fifita
16 Haas
17 Carrigan

This is a lock pending injuries.

This is a lock pending injuries.

It may be more a Bennett team than a Seibold team. Personally I'm not sure Glenn even has a spot in the 17, I wouldn't be surprised to see TPJ and 11 and Carrigan at 13, at least as the season progresses. But it's probably the best balance of talent and experience we have right now.

Also, it would be surprising if others like Kahu, Staggs, etc, don't get a run, but that's where we're at with our crazy crop of young players forcing their way in.

Su'A will be a starter on that left edge next season.

Mark my words.

It may be more a Bennett team than a Seibold team. Personally I'm not sure Glenn even has a spot in the 17, I wouldn't be surprised to see TPJ and 11 and Carrigan at 13, at least as the season progresses. But it's probably the best balance of talent and experience we have right now.

Also, it would be surprising if others like Kahu, Staggs, etc, don't get a run, but that's where we're at with our crazy crop of young players forcing their way in.

It being a Bennett team was what flashed before my eyes before I clicked Post Reply.

The reactions to "Bennett" teams being named under Seibold will make for good reading.

@Super Freak agree sua could start for glenn, but dont imagine the team would deviate much from Mork's apart from that.

Su'A will be a starter on that left edge next season.

Mark my words.

Him re-signing with us points to him being a good shot at a starting spot. But from what I've heard others say, he's much more comfortable on the right. Which puts him in direct competition with Gillett & Fifita. I wouldn't be moving Gillett simply out of defensive concerns on that right edge, he's the best in the comp, let alone the club. So I suspect Fifita and Sua will be fighting it out once he retires.

Him re-signing with us points to him being a good shot at a starting spot. But from what I've heard others say, he's much more comfortable on the right. Which puts him in direct competition with Gillett & Fifita. I wouldn't be moving Gillett simply out of defensive concerns on that right edge, he's the best in the comp, let alone the club. So I suspect Fifita and Sua will be fighting it out once he retires.

David Fifita is 18 years old and Jaydn Su'a is 21.

Both these guys will grow further to be capable of playing good footy in the middle if needed.

Su'a could eventually become a decent lock.

I'm just glad that we have these options

I'm going insane this off-season. So to celebrate, I'm posting my 3 prospective team lists:

Morkel's conservative "500g rump" team:
It's safe, it gets the job done, but certainly not as exciting as some (most?) would like.

01 Boyd
02 Oates
04 Bird
03 Roberts
05 Isaako
06 Milford
07 Nikorima
08 Lodge
09 McCullough
10 Ofahengaue
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 TPJ

14 Su'A
15 Fifita
16 Haas
17 Carrigan

BHQ's crazy off-season "24 Hot & Spicy Nuggets for $10" team:
In dedication to a few of us getting carried away with the possibilities. Plenty of spice, but if you're not careful your arse might fall out.

01 Roberts
02 Oates
03 Boyd
04 Bird
05 Isaako
06 Milford
07 O'Sullivan
08 Lodge
09 McCullough
10 Haas
11 TPJ
12 Fifita
13 Gillett

14 Nikorima
15 Su'A
16 Ofahengaue
17 Carrigan

The Bronxnation "Deconstructed Fairy Floss" team:
Looks hella on Insta, and you'll get fuckin manic excited for about 3 minutes, but it's sugar and a stick and the come-down sucks as much as your empty stomach.

01 Isaako
02 Oates
03 Staggs
04 Kahu
05 Roberts
06 Milford
07 O'Sullivan
08 Lodge
09 Nikorima
10 TPJ
11 Su'a
12 Fifita
13 Burgess

14 Bird
15 Haas
16 Gillett
17 Carrigan

I’ll take the nuggets with extra chilli by having Turpin at 9 instead of macca.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Aldo
  • The Strapper
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Maroon4life
  • MasterWright
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.